MVMCP - Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know...

Hopefully I didn't skip over to the answer to this question earlier in the thread...

I'm assuming the lines to meet Mickey & Minnie in their holiday outfits can get pretty long during the party. Do they thin out any as the night goes on and it gets closer to the end of the party? Or it is better to make that our first stop at 7 pm? Since we are a group of adults, we'll be skipping the first parade in favor of the second. Do the lines for the meet & greets get any better while the parade is going? Thanks to anyone that can help!

Hopefully I didn't skip over to the answer to this question earlier in the thread...

I'm assuming the lines to meet Mickey & Minnie in their holiday outfits can get pretty long during the party. Do they thin out any as the night goes on and it gets closer to the end of the party? Or it is better to make that our first stop at 7 pm? Since we are a group of adults, we'll be skipping the first parade in favor of the second. Do the lines for the meet & greets get any better while the parade is going? Thanks to anyone that can help!

When we were there in Oct 06 the line wasnt that bad at all...I think we made it to the big tent around 7:30

Does anyone know if you can purchase MVMCP with Disney reward points over the phone?

Not sure if you can do it over the phone (probably can)... but we used Visa Disney Rewards Points and ordered on the website. Had to enter credit card info, but it didn't charge to the card - it did charge to Visa Rewards.:santa:

DH and I recently decided to change our plans to go to WDW the week before Christmas instead of the week after. The more I read about the party the better it sounds!
Here's my plan: fly in to Orlando Intl. at 3:30, take the shuttle, get settled, and head to the Christmas party in the early evening. We don't have kids, so we are probably fine staying until the end of the party. DH has never been to Disneyworld, and I thought this might be a magical way to start the trip. We want to see the parade and decorations, but no lines on the big rides sounds very attractive too!
We have a four hour flight, but it isn't an early one, so I think we can do it. What do you think?

I am totally getting excited reading this thread! We are attending our first MVMCP on 11/17. This will be our 5th time at WDW but there is still so many rides we have never been on so I plan on knocking those out sometime during the party. We come in on 11/16 and have a dinner planned at Saana at AKL so I plan on hitting a few resorts to look at decorations that night and then the next day we only have MVMCP tickets so we are going to spend some time at Downtown Disney and then the monorail resorts. We will probably catch a QS dinner that night. On the 18th we are going to spend the day at Epcot. Breakfast at Akershus and dinner at Teppan Edo and then off to our bounceback cruise on the Wonder on the 19th. :banana::santa:

Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere - I didn't find it.

DH and I recently decided to change our plans to go to WDW the week before Christmas instead of the week after. The more I read about the party the better it sounds!
Here's my plan: fly in to Orlando Intl. at 3:30, take the shuttle, get settled, and head to the Christmas party in the early evening. We don't have kids, so we are probably fine staying until the end of the party. DH has never been to Disneyworld, and I thought this might be a magical way to start the trip. We want to see the parade and decorations, but no lines on the big rides sounds very attractive too!
We have a four hour flight, but it isn't an early one, so I think we can do it. What do you think?

I thinks that is a great way to start your vacation! I am actually going to the party on my last day there. Since it is only adults, im sure you guys will be fine.

Thanks! I like to make the bee line to BTMR and Splash Mountain right after the end of the parade!:thumbsup2

We watched half the parade and then went over to Splash and ended up staying on 3 times in a row! Then after hanging out on Liberty Square and Frontierland we caught the parade again!

I see that on non MVMCP nights Wishes is scheduled at 8:00 in the MK. What about the Holiday Wishes during the party. Is that scheduled for 8:00 or 9:00?

I see that on non MVMCP nights Wishes is scheduled at 8:00 in the MK. What about the Holiday Wishes during the party. Is that scheduled for 8:00 or 9:00?

According to the guide map from last year's party (yes I am looking at it as I type) Holiday Wishes was at 9:30pm

Wow, this thread is great! I am so excited! We will be at the MVMCP on Nov. 10th with 37 of our family members!!!(we will be there for our vow renewal the night before at the GF!!) Can't wait! Anyone else going that night?

We have ADRs for the Wishes Dessert Party during our MVMCP and we are to be there for 8:30 as the fireworks are due to start at 9:30! :thumbsup2

Might as well join the party! :banana: I've been attending MVMCP since I was 5 years old. This year will be my boyfriend's first and I am so excited! My best tip is to try to stay as late as you can. Every year, we close the place. There's nothing more magical than having your family photo taken in front of the lit castle with no one else around. :goodvibes

To answer some previous questions, last year it was snowing on Main Street during the parade. In years past, it always snowed at the beginning of the party too. I was not on Main Street at 7pm last year (Hooray for 4pm entrance!), so I cannot say whether they still do this.

Also, if you're planning to have your pictures taken with Mickey and Minnie in their holiday finest (and I highly recommend you do so!), be on line by 6:45-6:50pm. This worked perfectly for me last year, and again this year at MNSSHP.

Finally, don't stress. We attended a sold-out party last year and still managed to meet Mickey and Minnie, see Twas (which I'm going to miss terribly:sad1:), the Celebrate the Season Show, Holiday Wishes, the parade, ride some headliners and grab some cocoa on the run. It's a fantastic party, and if you have a basic plan, you can enjoy it to its fullest! :santa:

If you can get an early ADR at LTT that's a great place to start your party. I'm sure it will be a little different for us this year without characters, but it's so festive in there we just love it. Take advantage of entering the park at 4:00. We usually get quite a bit done prior to the party and then we can concentrate on the shows.

I can't echo enough about taking it easy the day of the party. If you can last the whole party you'll see some very short lines for rides late in the evening. Some people could make this their MK day if they planned appropriately. We love the second parade and all the ride time following it.

Good luck!!!

so with just a mvmcp ticket you can enter the park at 4pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter