MVMCP question

Tricia7

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide if this party is worth the cost. There will be 11 of us in total and will cost around $940 for all of us to go. We are travelling with 7 adults, 3 children and a 2 year old. What are your thoughts? We have been to the Halloween party but never the Christmas one and just wasn't sure. Thank you in advance.

I'm sure may people will say yes since the parties are popular, but I personally do not think it's worth the extra expense. We did MVMCP one year when we were visiting family in FL for Thanksgiving. Stayed two nights on property and only went to the party (no other parks). For that, it was definitely worth the price because we were able to spend 8 hours in Magic Kingdom, enjoying the Christmas atmosphere and low wait times for the rides for much less than an one day ticket. But, as add on to a trip where you already have park tickets, it just doesn't seem worth the additional cost to me.

Thanks so much. That's kind of what we were thinking. I could spend $940 on something else! Lol.

And here is where I will take the other side- we always do it as an add on to our regular trip tickets. Special Christmas parade, character meet & greets, Christmas shows and fireworks all specific to the party. Also the Christmas music and snow on Main Street really make the whole evening very magical - we just don't get that experience with our regular daily park visits. The lower crowd level and shorter attraction lines are both bonuses. Only you can decide for your family. Worth is very subjective - but we find it always worth it.

We really enjoy the Christmas party and have done it twice, but there are only 2 of us, so the cost wasn't too prohibitive. I'm not sure I could spend $1000 on the party.

We are taking all of our grown children and grandchildren, so it will be the first time for all of the little ones and they range in age from 22 months to 5. I didn't want to overwhelm them with too much and have a meltdown. But on the other hand we have never done the Christmas party and I would love to but just not sure with all of the kiddos. Maybe plan a trip for hubby and I and do it then.

Thanks so much for all of the replies.

We are taking all of our grown children and grandchildren, so it will be the first time for all of the little ones and they range in age from 22 months to 5. I didn't want to overwhelm them with too much and have a meltdown. But on the other hand we have never done the Christmas party and I would love to but just not sure with all of the kiddos. Maybe plan a trip for hubby and I and do it then.

Thanks so much for all of the replies.

Especially with all the kids 5 and under (and it being a first trip), I just think it would be too much. I wouldn't want to stay out until 1am with kids that age, and you're not really getting your "money's worth" if you leave early. They will experience plenty of Christmas atmosphere throughout the trip and they will certainly not feel like they are missing anything by not attending the party. Pick a few other things you all may enjoy to spend the money on or save the $1000 to attend the party during a future trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter