MVMCP on Dec. 21st?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping for some input about the party on this date. We are only going to be at WDW fpr 3 1/2 days, and this date seems to be the choice date to vist the MK for us. We aren't thrilled about having to cut the day short, so we are considering buying MVMCP tickets in order to enjoy the whole day there. This would also be the first time seeing the party for most of our group. This is the last party of the season, and a CM informed me that there will be no advance sales for this date. She said that we just buy the tickest in the morning upon arrival to the park.

Can anyone share their experience and/or opinions about this last party of the season? Will it be packed? Will we need to buy the tickets very early in the day? Why don't they have advanced sales for this particular day?

Thanks for any help!:)

First of all that date is on sale already.I think that the cm just means that there is no advanced purchase discount for it. IT ALWAYS sells outs and usually well before December.

I don't follow. If there is no advanced purchase for this date, how can it sell out before December? The CM said that it can only be purchased that day at the park. :confused3

I don't follow. If there is no advanced purchase for this date, how can it sell out before December? The CM said that it can only be purchased that day at the park. :confused3

Because there IS advanced purchase.The CM was mistaken , I am thinking what the CM meant is that there is NO ADVANCED PURCHASE DISCOUNT..Some of the party dates have an advanced purchase discount.The pricing is Advanced purchase, DVC/AP purchase and SAME DAY purchase.All that it is referring to is cost,AFAIK they have never restricted purchase for party dates to only buying them the day of.The LAST party date of the season( regardless of whether it is December 17th or 21st has traditionally sold out in advance).I just called disney and asked and December 21st tickets are available right now for Adult $72.37, Child $67.05 .There is no discount for advanced purchase is what I was told.I think the CM gave you bad info.I would hate for you to miss out by waiting.USually that last night is packed and it sells out well before the day of.

PP is right; CM was wrong.

MVMCP tickets, including Dec. 21st, have been on sale since May 1st. That is the last night of the party and it WILL sell out. I would not wait much longer to purchase them if you are certain you want to attend the party that night.

Is Dec 21 the last day of your vacation? Beginning Dec 22 the parade and Christmas fireworks that were highlights of the MVMCP become part of the MK's regular schedule.

We have gone to the last party of the year for the last 3 years. They ALWAYS sell out - early.

They are very busy but are also a wonderful time. I would highly recommend going. It is so magical.

Thanks so much for the clarification! Dec. 21st will be our first day in the parks, but we're only there thru the 24th. Dec. 21st is the only "green" day for the MK that we'll be there for, so we are trying to make the best of if.

you know that is the last day of the mayan calender? no one knows what time the earth will end but it is possible you wont be able to enjoy that christmas party.

if the world exists at that time, we are park hopping to epcot for a margarita in the mayan pavilion. we are going to a party earlier in the week.

One of the reasons that day is green, I'm assuming, is because it is expected that most people will avoid the park due to MVMCP. This seemed very appealing to me and so we chose to do MK on a MVMCP day also (although I know many recommend not doing that.) So, we will be spending all morning in the park and then staying for the party. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) a more relaxed day in the park that day. :)

One of the reasons that day is green, I'm assuming, is because it is expected that most people will avoid the park due to MVMCP. This seemed very appealing to me and so we chose to do MK on a MVMCP day also (although I know many recommend not doing that.) So, we will be spending all morning in the park and then staying for the party. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) a more relaxed day in the park that day. :)

We do all day MK/MVMCP days quite a bit. It's nice to avoid the mess of people coming in on Main Street between 4 and 7. They have a wristband distribution spot over in Tomorrowland so you can completely avoid the park entrance. We typically have a table service meal around 4:30 to get off our feet and rest up for the evening ahead.

MVMCP days in the MK typically are the best days to be there. By the 21st things will be busy everywhere, but it will still be far better the the days following.

I'm bumping this one. DH has nixed the idea of spending another $300 for 5 extra hours at the MK. Which one of the following two days would be better, crowd-wise, to visit it on? Both are red on Easywdw. We are prepared to handle the large crowds.

Thanks, again, for any advice!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter