MVMCP (Nov.17), well worth your money!!!!

addidisney

Earning My Ears
Hey,

Just returned from Nov. 17, MVMCP,it was great, the weather was just a little chilly, which made it feel like christmas!!! :Pinkbounc The magic kingdom was beautiful, decorations were all over the park, beautifully decorated, the snow on main street, made it a plus for the party!!! If you go make sure to add the christmas parade and shows,along with characters (holiday attire) to your list!!! BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT MISS HOLIDAY WISHES, it was spectular and mouth-dropping to my family, (my mom almost cried), that's a must-see!!! :love: If you can ride the attractions at the end, best part was no lines!!! And see Belle (in her holiday dress) and The Beast for character pictures!!! It was a great short vacation, my family plans to make a tradition every year!!! My family loved WISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please ask questions, if you have any questions!!!

P.S. If you are a DVC member you get a discount on advance tickets!!! :banana:

Can you please tell me where you saw Belle and Beast? Were they available for photos and autographs? My youngest loves Belle, and it's at the top of her list to see them this year! Thanks.

Oh I am so excited!!!! We leve in 11 days, this will be our first Holiday trip. MVMCP is on the list to scheudled things to do!!! OK the dreaded question- how was the weather overall, it is killing me trying to figure out what to pack...

Thanks for the hype - we were borderline on attending or not, but now we're thinking we will !

Can't wait...

Belle and the beast, were near a character greeting, area by Peter Pan attraction and "Its a Small world", the area going into Liberty Square!!! Visit frequently, they alternate with snow white and her prince!!! YOur child will love to see BELLE in here holiday dress, my little sister, wouldn't move!!! :bride:

The weather was like 47 degrees that nite, a big coat was enough, and please mittens are MUST!!!! But you could not really tell it was cold, because everyone was busy!!! Really no crowds except for parade, but even that is manageable!!!

Need anymore help keep asking

Yes, Holiday Wishes alone was worth the price! My dad surprised me with the tickets (writing about it in my trip report) and we had so much fun! I was wearing 2 jackets and was still freezing cold but I think I would rather freeze during a Christmas party than be hot; it makes it feel even more like Christmas! And the snow on Main Street seems that much more real when it's cold. :)

You know, we probably passed each other at least once during that party...

addidisney can you tell me what the music for wishes was like? I loved Christmas wishes last year but this years Hallowishes was IMHO awful. Terrible pop music,yuck. Is Christmas wishes more traditional music like before or is it the new Disney Studios tween pop junk?

addidisney said:
Need anymore help keep asking

Since you offered, what about the daytime weather? At what point in the day did it start to cool down?? I am having such a hard time trying to figure out what to pack!!!

THANKS!!!

princess sparkle p said:
Since you offered, what about the daytime weather? At what point in the day did it start to cool down?? I am having such a hard time trying to figure out what to pack!!!

THANKS!!!
It was cool enough for a light fleece jacket all day long, but at sundown it really started getting cold.

Narian Princess, lol you are probably right we probably passed each other numerous :rotfl: time!!! I mostly stayed in Tomorrowland the whole nite!!!

In the day, it was still quite cool, but at night just be prepare to wear a big jacket or put on aleast two layers of clothing, I had on two jackets, a little one and a leather, I was fine!!!!

As for the music for Holiday Wishes, the songs are traditional holiday songs, with the main theme being "The spirit of the season"!!! Very catchy theme!!! Nothing like Hallowishes!!!! Very christmasEEE!!! Make sure you get a castle location for wishes, the fireworks are everywhere!!!

princess sparkle p said:

I'm from Ohio also, and it is diffucult to figure out what to pack. This will be our fourth year going during the first week of December, and we end up packing a little bit of everything!

It's warm enough during the day to do shorts/capris. There have been days when my children have even swam in the heated pool when it's in the mid-70s. But it does get cool in the evening. I would say around 6 p.m. or so the air really cools off.

This is our first year going to MVMCP, and I plan on bringing winter coats/gloves/hats just in case. Usually a fleece jacket will do, but it we are there until 11 p.m. or midnight, you just never know!

That probably doesn't help answering your question on what to pack! Just thought I'd give a fellow-Ohioan some suggestions.

For those Northerners trying to decide what to pack... We're from PA, and we wore jeans and tee shirts during the day (high was around 68-69) and at night we put on sweatshirts with windbreakers. We were quite comfortable. I heard on the weather in WDW this morning that it's going to get down to 63 on Tuesday, so a sweatshirt may be necessary in the day.

And, the Holiday Wishes were spectacular, with traditional Christmas songs to go along with them. This was our first MVMCP, and it was beautiful. I loved the snow on Main St. The little bit of chill in the air made it more authentic!

Have fun to everyone going in the next few weeks!

The 180-degree fireworks simply amazed me. I'd heard about them and sort of knew in the back of my mind that they were coming but there was a definite "Whoa!" factor there. I LOVED the fireworks! :) They were worth standing in the wind in front of the castle for.

As for clothes, I get cold very easily and I wore a t-shirt and 2 jackets; a thin fleece underneath and a suede leather on top. I was fine when there was no wind and indoors I got very hot but when the wind was blowing I felt like I was in an ice cube! Dad only had a windbreaker over a denim shirt and he was cold but not to the point of shivering uncontrollably and teeth chattering. It all depends on your own personal metabolism/hydration levels/cold tolerance.

We will be in Disney first week of Dec and going to MVMCP. Is Santa available for pictures? If so, where? How available are other characters? My daughter lives for pictures with characters and at 5, this is her first visit and our first MVMCP. How are the other shows? My daughter also loves shows. Our plan is that during MVMCP, we want to focus on characters, shows and rides are least important - we can do those on our other days? I heard something about a free picture - are they still doing that this year? 11 days and counting, as my daughter told me tonight at bedtime - This is soooo Exciting!!!

addidisney said:
Hey,

Just returned from Nov. 17, MVMCP,it was great, the weather was just a little chilly, which made it feel like christmas!!! :Pinkbounc The magic kingdom was beautiful, decorations were all over the park, beautifully decorated, the snow on main street, made it a plus for the party!!! If you go make sure to add the christmas parade and shows,along with characters (holiday attire) to your list!!! BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT MISS HOLIDAY WISHES, it was spectular and mouth-dropping to my family, (my mom almost cried), that's a must-see!!! :love: If you can ride the attractions at the end, best part was no lines!!! And see Belle (in her holiday dress) and The Beast for character pictures!!! It was a great short vacation, my family plans to make a tradition every year!!! My family loved WISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please ask questions, if you have any questions!!!

P.S. If you are a DVC member you get a discount on advance tickets!!! :banana:

We've been trying decide whether or not to go but your review has me leaning towards going! Thanks.

lwleague said:
We will be in Disney first week of Dec and going to MVMCP. Is Santa available for pictures? If so, where? How available are other characters? My daughter lives for pictures with characters and at 5, this is her first visit and our first MVMCP. How are the other shows? My daughter also loves shows. Our plan is that during MVMCP, we want to focus on characters, shows and rides are least important - we can do those on our other days? I heard something about a free picture - are they still doing that this year? 11 days and counting, as my daughter told me tonight at bedtime - This is soooo Exciting!!!
Yes, you can take photos with Santa near the Town Hall/ Guest Services! There is no free picture deal this year; you get 50% off your PhotoPass order instead.

You will have so much fun! Don't worry about the rides. Dad and I went on a total of 3 rides during the 5 hour party and didn't miss a thing!

Sorry I had to go to work!!!!!

The characters were at different locations, make sure to get a guide map for details, the shows were great as well, u might want to get their 15 or 20 minutes before the shows start, the castles show and the Mickey Twas night before christmas is a must-see shows!!! If you can plan your night before you go!!! The character who had the longest line was Santa, he is right by City Hall for pictures!!! Be sure to dress warmly!!!

Anyone who is debating on going, should attend, you will leave feeling in the christmas spirit and with nothing but positive memories!!!! Crowds are really not a problem they are manageable!!!!!!!!!!!!

So just attend!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

I am a big planner, and I saw the party's guidemap somewhere on here and it listed all the times for the shows, fireworks, etc. Can you tell me what your plan of attack was. Like the other poster said, rides are least important, but I want to see all the shows, fireworks, parade, etc. Is it all doable? We are eating at LTT at 5:30 p.m. and would like to know the best plan of attack to catch all the special shows??? Thanks in advance for your advice!!! :wave:

25 days left to go!! :woohoo: Our first Holiday trip to WDW!! :santa:

Thanks for your details. We were undecided about going, actually DH is still not too excited, but I've already purchased the tickets and we are going December 19!!!

I'm so excited and am anxiously awaiting for the surprise to be given to our kids!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter