MVMCP new rule...no early admission!

I believe they have had people around the parks to scan your party ticket and give you a wristband as well if you had entered early (pre-4pm) using your park ticket (like they used to do for EMH evenings).

Yup.

I always thought DIS people were happy and nice. Why post if you're just laughing at someone's opinion? Opinions are all valid and not a joke. Hasn't everyone heard the saying "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"?

I never would have started this thread if I thought people would use it to put others down.:confused3

bethann, people are complaining about not getting something for nothing. That is beyond rude, and the sense of entitlement is out of control. If people want to use the park during regular hours, let them buy a ticket. Just like people who try to sneak into the party. If you want something pay for it.

bethann, people are complaining about not getting something for nothing.

Maybe some are.

Many of us are attempting to explain WHY Disney has gone to the "early as 4PM party entry" and why changing it could create an unprecedented problem for ALL guests at MK during the 7PM "changeover."

Seriously dangerous and uncontrollable chaos.

Seriously.

I see no advantage to anyone (including "Disney bean-counters") to making a change this year.

And, since there is no evidence that they WILL change that this year, I don't see much need to worry over it.

bethann, people are complaining about not getting something for nothing. That is beyond rude, and the sense of entitlement is out of control. If people want to use the park during regular hours, let them buy a ticket. Just like people who try to sneak into the party. If you want something pay for it.

No they're not.

They are complaining about horrible communication.

It has been Disney policy for years to let people in at 4 with a ticket. That might be changing now, it might not.

If they want to change the way they handle it, then more power to them.

But change it at the time tickets first go on sale BEFORE people make ADR's and plans and ...............

STATE IT CLEARLY SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT TO EXPECT.

Even I can see this.... and I don't need the early entry.

Maybe some are.

Many of us are attempting to explain WHY Disney has gone to the "early as 4PM party entry" and why changing it could create an unprecedented problem for ALL guests at MK during the 7PM "changeover."

Seriously dangerous and uncontrollable chaos.

Seriously.

I see no advantage to anyone (including "Disney bean-counters") to making a change this year.

And, since there is no evidence that they WILL change that this year, I don't see much need to worry over it.

I absolutely agree with the potential for serious chaos. I'm not the least bit worried about how it will be handled for MVMCP though. I think the chaos will hit at the first MNSSHP and they will have it all worked out by December for sure.

As for the advantage, I can easily see a "bean counter" thinking many of those people will now begrudgingly forking over the cash for a day ticket. Probably wouldn't happen, but I can see "bean counters" assuming it would.

What I do see is the potential for MUCH ill-will.

So these people are sneaking in? It's not about "logic." The party starts at 7, yes, and for several years now Disney has allowed people with party tickets to enter at 4. No logic necessary -- it's either allowed, or it isn't. If it's allowed, they can be there. Period.
No, no one is "sneaking in." The policy HAD BEEN to let people in at 4. The policy may now be changing. Unlikely, but that's what people are talking about.

And for those who say, "They should publicize a change": They didn't publicize the entry at 4 at all; wouldn't have known about it except for these boards. They're publicizing the alleged change just as broadly.

"I don't have a dog in this fight" - this statement is offensive to me! I adopted 2 pit bulls from a "VERY WELL KNOWN" dog fighting ring. I am a champion of the breed. These are the 2 most well adjusted, loving dogs you will ever meet. :lovestruc PLEASE DO NOT FIGHT YOUR DOGS!!!! :scared1:
OH PLEASE! It's an American idiom which I will continue to use as long as it is widely understood. You don't really think I fight dogs, do you?
Wikipedia: Idioms
Have a dog in the fight/race To have a stake in, or be exposed to the risks associated with, the outcome of some problem or dispute. Conversely, “I don’t have a dog in that fight” is frequently used as a way to beg off and opt out of being expected to assist.
I refuse to be that politically correct.

No they're not.

They are complaining about horrible communication.

It has been Disney policy for years to let people in at 4 with a ticket. That might be changing now, it might not.

If they want to change the way they handle it, then more power to them.

But change it at the time tickets first go on sale BEFORE people make ADR's and plans and ...............

STATE IT CLEARLY SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT TO EXPECT.

Even I can see this.... and I don't need the early entry.

:thumbsup2
and, if they're going to start enforcing their stated rules (as in following the stated admission time vs 4 pm policy for party events)...why not be consistent and start doing it across the board for everything else:confused3

Maybe people need to take their ticket, and that contract and just deal with it. Just like I do mine when I purchase a day ticket for that day. My opinion, of course.

Robo, I agree. I doubt disney is changing anything.

Maybe people need to take their ticket, and that contract and just deal with it. Just like I do mine when I purchase a day ticket for that day. My opinion, of course.

Robo, I agree. I doubt disney is changing anything.

I doubt any here would suggest that Disney does not have the RIGHT to enforce that 7 PM entry stated on their ticket.

Whether it's a smart move on their part to change a long-standing "policy" with no clear notice is an entirely different matter.

Whether it's a smart move on their part to change a long-standing "policy" with no clear notice is an entirely different matter.

Where did the idea arise that they WERE going to change it?

That's what makes this whole thread so strange.

Where did the idea arise that they WERE going to change it?

That's what makes this whole thread so strange.

it was posted as a rumour in newsletter dated 8/12 from a very reputable site (passporter) that over the years has been on top of this sort of thing pre official release

What's New and Changed

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here are a few items of relevant news:

No Early Entry for MNSSHP & MVMCP? It is being reported that guests attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) will not be allowed to enter the park until the party begins at 7:00 pm unless they have either valid daytime admission to the park or a confirmed Advanced Dining Reservation (ADR). For the past few years guests without daytime admission were allowed to enter the park as early as 4:00 pm using the party ticket.
[/FONT]

Well, it certainly doesn't get more respectful than replying to someone's post with a rolling on the floor laughing smiley.

Clearly main street is part of the sweep. They have people doing this. Sure, an irrelevant number who are really determined to stay could have a CHANCE at getting past the CMs checking for that long, but that is a rarity. VERY few people. It's not "droves" of people.

Lou, I should clarify and tell you that I was not laughing at You per se, just the matter-of-fact tone/statement in saying that it never happens. As much as I would love to live in a world where people follow the rules, never cheat the system and are honest - they truth is that just does not exist on this planet. :sad2:

I provided examples and have seen varying situations from other guests where people do indeed cheat the system.

I realize that everybody loves Disney and wants to believe everything is perfect when at WDW, but the fact is that things are not perfect...they are not a perfect company, they do not have perfect guests and they do not always have the best processes (that is human nature).

I apologize if you felt I was laughing at you personally; I was not. :flower3: Just the audacity of somebody saying that it is not possible for people to hang in the park without a hard-ticket event purchase.

"I don't have a dog in this fight" - this statement is offensive to me! I adopted 2 pit bulls from a "VERY WELL KNOWN" dog fighting ring. I am a champion of the breed. These are the 2 most well adjusted, loving dogs you will ever meet. :lovestruc PLEASE DO NOT FIGHT YOUR DOGS!!!! :scared1:
okey dokey, now, we aren't fighting dogs, so let me in at 4pm so I can make my PL ressie at 4:30pm and be ready for MSSHP at 7pm! :cool1:

You are offended? L. O. L. It's not a statement on dog fighting nor does it imply anything about your precious breed of dog. Like it or not dogs sometimes fight, organized or not. It's an expression noting your personal stake in an argument and makes no implication of approval for dog fighting or condemnation of pit bulls that should inspire your pleas of defense.

You are offended? L. O. L. It's not a statement on dog fighting nor does it imply anything about your precious breed of dog. Like it or not dogs sometimes fight, organized or not. It's an expression noting your personal stake in an argument and makes no implication of approval for dog fighting or condemnation of pit bulls that should inspire your pleas of defense.

Thank you! That was ridiculous.

Hi - sorry if it was said somewhere in the middle - but when I ordered our tickets I was told personally by the lady on the phone that entry was from 4pm for the party which did not start til 7pm, I did not ask for that info, it was volunteered to me. That seemed pretty cut and dried to me. We are going 19th October, so will hopefully see the posts of others before then.

Tessa

And you are also beyond rude laughing at everyone on the board who does not agree with your "opinions". Why do you go to Disney if everything there is so crappy and everyone is stupid? I don't agree with a lot of things on the boards, but I don't get my jollies by putting people down. Don't worry, I'm done with DISboards because of you. Thanks for ruining what used to be fun! Bye to all...

I suggest conversations turn back to the topic, or the thread will be closed...

And you are also beyond rude laughing at everyone on the board who does not agree with your "opinions". Why do you go to Disney if everything there is so crappy and everyone is stupid? I don't agree with a lot of things on the boards, but I don't get my jollies by putting people down. Don't worry, I'm done with DISboards because of you. Thanks for ruining what used to be fun! Bye to all...

bethann, you should not leave the Disboards (or any forum) over a single person. You are cheating yourself out of valuable information and the ability for assistance when planning your vacation.

Just use the ignore list. It is a great feature offered by the Webmasters/vbulletin that will allow you to block posts from any members you choose (except moderators - those you just have to skim over :rotfl:jk :) but you can't ignore the moderators) But in all seriousness, if there is a member who offends you, click on User CP in the menu bar above and add the person/people to your ignore list and be done with it.

I think that we all agree that yes, it is there right to change their policies, but they should make sure that everyone is informed of this before we buy our tickets. As I said earlier, we've gone 3x and each time were allowed in at 4. The tickets I bought online give no times at all, not even the 7-midnight. It would just be nice and "Disney-like" for them to let everyone know before we shell out what to me is a lot of money.
OK ... but .... if the tickets you bought online gave no times at all, and you still bought the tickets ... how is that Disney's fault? If you choose to buy the tickets without that information, that's your choice. Disney isn't saying to you, "You have to buy these tickets, but we're not going to tell you what time the event is." You certainly have the choice to not shell out the money until you have a solid answer, right?

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter