MVMCP new rule...no early admission!

They began bringing a number of the characters TO the resort lobbies (etc.) on selected mornings to meet with guests.

That was the lamest thing ever. Even lamer was their line that "guest surveys indicated they would like more character interaction instead of extra park hour privileges."

E-Nights :teeth: And weren't those wonderful!!!! I remember riding Splash Mountain five times one night without ever getting out of the log.
Yes,they were wonderful!:)

001-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

I still think party guests will be allowed to enter at 4pm. I'm planning on going at 4pm and grabbing dinner before the party begins, i'm sure Disney is banking that other party guests will be doing the same.

I haven't found the parties to be any less magical because day guests are leaving as the party begins. I am having too good of a time making memories with my friends and family to be concerned on whether or not the guest next to me on the parade route has a bracelet.

I would not "sweat" Guests being told they cannot enter the Parties until 7:00.:)

To my knowledge,Disney has NEVER officially announced in the past that Guests could enter at 4:00,it just "happened" and word has spread.:)

Another example of an "unofficial official" WDW policy is FASTPASSES.

FASTPASSES say Guests must enter the attraction within the one hour window and Disney has NEVER officially announced Guests can actually use them anytime that day after the beginning of the window,but you can and the "word" about this has spread.:)

I would be absolutey shocked if there is not a 4:00 entry again this year.:)

I would not "sweat" Guests being told they cannot enter the Parties until 7:00.:)

To my knowledge,Disney has NEVER officially announced in the past that Guests could enter at 4:00,it just "happened" and word has spread.:)

Another example of an "unofficial official" WDW policy is FASTPASSES.

FASTPASSES say Guests must enter the attraction within the one hour window and Disney has NEVER officially announced Guests can actually use them anytime that day after the beginning of the window,but you can and the "word" about this has spread.:)

I would be absolutey shocked if there is not a 4:00 entry again this year.:)

not always;), we waited 45 minutes to be seated for our ADR @ Coral Reef 2 summers ago & wound up missing our Soarin' FP return time by less than 15 minutes & we were refused entrance:headache:I was too tired to argue w/CM @ that point. Others have reported the same experience off & on here.

jmho, the lines for FP returns were ridiculously long our last trip a few weeks ago during the afternoon/early evening. So, if the word has spread that the FP time return is 'merely a suggestion':rolleyes:, that may be the reason:confused3.

robo helpful info:thumbsup2, liked the pics of the old brochure too!

I think you are mistaken that people who didn't have party tickets were still there watching the second parade. There's just no way. And if there were, it would have to be VERY few people. It would be quite a feat for any person to stay in the park without a wristband for even an extra half hour.

There's no need to clear the park and cost party guests time in the park. Party days are already very slow at MK and by seven, almost everyone there is a party guest. I rarely even see someone without a wristband at 7:05.

Are you being serious? If so, I can only say :rotfl2:

I have been to 3 parties over the last few years and have walked past droves of people without wristbands on. They sit there and camp out for an hour or two taking up spots on the curb for the parade and fireworks - making sure to get the best spots.

I have even sat beside people who bragged about being able to stay and see fireworks and parades...sure it is a bummer that they cannot ride rides, but at least they get to see the fireworks. :rolleyes:

The long and short of it is....there are dishonest people every year who get to see the parade, fireworks and stay in the park at others' expense. ;)

not always;), we waited 45 minutes to be seated for our ADR @ Coral Reef 2 summers ago & wound up missing our Soarin' FP return time by less than 15 minutes & we were refused entrance:headache:I was too tired to argue w/CM @ that point. Others have reported the same experience off & on here.

jmho, the lines for FP returns were ridiculously long our last trip a few weeks ago during the afternoon/early evening. So, if the word has spread that the FP time return is 'merely a suggestion':rolleyes:, that may be the reason:confused3.

robo helpful info:thumbsup2, liked the pics of the old brochure too!

I am sorry but the CM was wrong and it shouldnt have been much of an argument...I would have immediately asked for a manager....especially when a Disney restaurant is what made you late to begin with...Also I have never had a late FP refused...on any ride...I am sure it can happen as Disney leaves it wide open...But I think the cases are rare that late FPs are turned away

I have been to 3 parties over the last few years and have walked past droves of people without wristbands on. They sit there and camp out for an hour or two taking up spots on the curb for the parade and fireworks - making sure to get the best spots.

I have even sat beside people who bragged about being able to stay and see fireworks and parades...sure it is a bummer that they cannot ride rides, but at least they get to see the fireworks. :rolleyes:

The long and short of it is....there are dishonest people every year who get to see the parade, fireworks and stay in the park at others' expense. ;)

I have been to many parties and I have never seen a person without a wristband...not saying it doesnt happen but I have yet to see it...I highly doubt droves of people get away with it either...CMs are constantly checking people in my experience...I was followed into a bathroom by a CM once to check my wristband...

Well, it certainly doesn't get more respectful than replying to someone's post with a rolling on the floor laughing smiley.

Clearly main street is part of the sweep. They have people doing this. Sure, an irrelevant number who are really determined to stay could have a CHANCE at getting past the CMs checking for that long, but that is a rarity. VERY few people. It's not "droves" of people.

I am sorry but the CM was wrong and it shouldnt have been much of an argument...I would have immediately asked for a manager....especially when a Disney restaurant is what made you late to begin with...Also I have never had a late FP refused...on any ride...I am sure it can happen as Disney leaves it wide open...But I think the cases are rare that late FPs are turned away

no problem here:thumbsup2

im not sure if Soarin' is still makin FP holders toe the line or not:confused3, just wanted to relate my experience. I can't say what would've happened if i did argue the point (which I wasn't comfy dong as i couldn't see the 'leg to stand on' as we were past our return time).

I have been to way more than 3 parties and did see people on the curb. A CM would go down the line and do the wristband game (all hold up you wristband). All who did not were pointed to the exit. The CM made them get up. If they refused others help. They were all gone from the curb and their places filled by wristbanders.

They could see the parade if they got in the back just as the parade started.

im not sure if Soarin' is still makin FP holders toe the line or not:confused3, just wanted to relate my experience. I can't say what would've happened if i did argue the point (which I wasn't comfy dong as i couldn't see the 'leg to stand on' as we were past our return time).

We used late FPs for Soarin last trip....we got the FP at RD with a return of 9:30 or maybe 10...we went back at 6:30 and the CM at the start of the line said " Thats the latest FP I have seen today, have a great flight"

we also used late ones the year before for Saorin

Reports of late FP refusals have become VERY, VERY RARE lately. In most cases its a newb CM. Most other cases are 3rd party reports where the reasons for the refusal are not 100% certain.

It was more common 2-3 years ago when Soarin' was still relatively fresh and the lines were longer than today, although it is still uncertain if that was a direct management decision or not. It does still seem like Soarin' bears the brunt of the reports though.

We live local and have ADR's at Crystal Palace at 5:30 and were told we would NOT be allowed in early with only the MNSSHP ticket. We have been going for the last 4 years and never had an issue with early admission. They told us 3 times when we called NO EARLY ADMISSION, period. They read a directive-type memo. We have an email into Guest Relations for final word, and were told to print it out at take it with us to the gate, if they said we could get in early.

We have tix for the FIRST party...so we don't have the luxury of wait and see what happens with the other parties.

Quite Un-Disney like...if you ask me.

We live local and have ADR's at Crystal Palace at 5:30 and were told we would NOT be allowed in early with only the MNSSHP ticket. We have been going for the last 4 years and never had an issue with early admission. They told us 3 times when we called NO EARLY ADMISSION, period. They read a directive-type memo. We have an email into Guest Relations for final word, and were told to print it out at take it with us to the gate, if they said we could get in early.

We have tix for the FIRST party...so we don't have the luxury of wait and see what happens with the other parties.

My daughter has worked at Soarin' for a year and a half (bit longer actually) and in the entire time she has worked there it has been the policy to accept FPs anytime after the first time printed.

When things get backed up (due to technical problems) they will close the standy line to newcomers (just happened again last week) and only allow people into the line with FPs.

She was trained this way. If a person would get someone who was not accepting it, just ask for a coordinator or a manager.

Liz

I don't understand how this is "un-Disneylike". If (and it's a big "if") Disney decides to not let party-goers in early, that's totally their call. It's their park, their party, their rules to make. If GR says, "I'm sorry, but this year the 7pm party will begin at 7pm," how is that "un-Disneylike"? It's exactly how Disney did it for decades.

:earsboy:

I don't understand how this is "un-Disneylike". If (and it's a big "if") Disney decides to not let party-goers in early, that's totally their call. It's their park, their party, their rules to make. If GR says, "I'm sorry, but this year the 7pm party will begin at 7pm," how is that "un-Disneylike"? It's exactly how Disney did it for decades.

:earsboy:

I think that we all agree that yes, it is there right to change their policies, but they should make sure that everyone is informed of this before we buy our tickets. As I said earlier, we've gone 3x and each time were allowed in at 4. The tickets I bought online give no times at all, not even the 7-midnight. It would just be nice and "Disney-like" for them to let everyone know before we shell out what to me is a lot of money.

I'm there with ya at the first party. So if you get that email, forward it to me will ya please? :) I have a CM friend who is looking into the matter for me, but I also booked a separate resort ADR just in case. This may bite them in the hiney just in terms of expected restaurant availability. :confused3 Not my call, though.

Agree with bethann1970 that if they're changing the time one can enter, then it needs to be well advertised to guests since it's a change from previous procedure. This is my first party, but if it was my 4th and I was denied admission at 4pm when it was expected -- and that a CM confirmed to me over the phone -- I would not be amused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter