MVMCP - how crowded on Nov 8?

mbakun

Mouseketeer
We're thinking of going to the MVMCP on the first party night, Nov 8. Any ideas on how crowded it may be?

Thanks!
Michelle

I wouldn't expect the first party to be crowded. And before anyone posts to point out that last year's first party was sold out, I'm pretty sure that was because New Fantasyland was open during the parties prior to the official opening.

We also have tickets for the first party on Nov 8th! We have never done MVMCP before, so I am also curious and hoping it is not going to be a mad house.

We have tickets too. It was a total luck of the draw thing, since we are doing a cruise on Sunday and decided to add extra park days. Then we found out it was first night, food/wine, etc. Whether it's sold out, busy, or not, it will be a blast!

Whether it's sold out, busy, or not, it will be a blast!

I wish I could be there but will be going to a December party and the parade taping. For everyone going, can you please give a shout out and a "thumbs up" to Mickey for me when he comes by in the parade? My DD, who will be "friends with Mickey," will let Mickey know to be on the lookout for the "thumbs" so he will know the DIS family is there and supporting him for the very first, exciting party!

We went to the first MVMCP last year and it was sold out. The rides still had short lines but the parade and fireworks crowds were pretty insane. With the exception of the fireworks, we stayed completely away from the hub to avoid most of the crowds and it seemed to help! It was still a lot fun.

Also, as siskaren pointed out, New Fantasyland was in soft opening but it wasn't very crowded in that area. No wait for The Little Mermaid the three times we rode and if I remember right, ETWB never had more than a 20 minute wait every time we walked by.

Being canadian, I have no clue when is Jersey Week!

The New Jersey public schools have off the first Thursday and Friday in November every year for the teachers to attend a convention. Lots of NJ folks head down for a vacation that week and it's been nicknamed "Jersey Week". We'll be there from the 6th to the 10th and we're attending MVMCP on the 8th.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but I just read (on touring plans? easywdw? AURGH! I can't remember! :headache:) that the first MVMCP always sells out....

I know this isn't what you want to hear but I just read (on touring plans? easywdw? AURGH! I can't remember! :headache:) that the first MVMCP always sells out....

I honestly don't think that the first party has ever sold out until last year.

We are from jersey but heading down on the 9th, going to the party on the 11th. Anyone know how crowded this may be projected to be on a Monday? It's Veterans Day but I'm hoping since its still a school night it won't be as crowded as a weekend night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter