MVMCP for 2 adults no kids...worth it?

suetoo

Mouseketeer
My parents (55yo) are going to WDW on their own in Dec. They are DVC and go often, usually with us, but this will be a more relaxed adult trip. My Mom asked me if I thought the MVMCP was worth it for her and my dad to do without kids. My family of 4 has only done the MNSSHP, so I can't compare:confused3....any thoughts or advice for her?? TIA

Absolutely!!!! My wife and I have been going to the halloween party for years and we love it. The parade is the best of any they do. The fireworks are great and the lines are short, for Disney. We make a point of going back every year.

I'll be watching this thread with interest, as my husband and I have tickets for MVMCP ourselves.

We haven't been since 2007, when we went with the kids. It wasn't a great experience - too crowded, boy melting down, husband found the parade song irritating and it was hell getting out at the end of the night. Oh, and then we lost the girl in a gift shop!

But we're finally ready to try again. Here's hoping it's a totally different experience! :thumbsup2

If you enjoy Christmas and you enjoy Christmas themed Disney, MVMCP will be a great experience for adults.

If you enjoy Christmas and you enjoy Christmas themed Disney, MVMCP will be a great experience for adults.

Totally agree. Adults only here and we love MVMCP. Such a great ambiance of celebrating the Holidays with great entertainment, characters in their holiday outfits and cookies and hot cocoa!

I also believe it's a nice way to have a more relaxed trip so it will fit perfectly with what they are looking for.

The wife and I will be there early December for our first Christmas visit. A career at UPS kept us home for Nov. and Dec. for over 40 years so We have been looking forward to this for a longgggg time. Everyone I have talked to that has been there for the party has really talked it up so were looking forward to it. It's our 60th birthday and Christmas presents to each other. Yea us!

I think the parties are better without kids.... Shhhhhh.... Don't tell my little ones :p. even if it is crowded, it is much easier to navigate with two adults. You can stay super late without meltdowns or grumpiness! I surprised my DH with tickets for his birthday... So excited!

Four adults here going to our first MNSSHP later this month. Can't wait!! I'll definitely be trick-or-treating, too. :cool1:

...any thoughts or advice for her?? TIA

Only they will be able to judge whether or not it's "right" for them. They should go, at least once, to experience it and decide.

DW and I are making a special trip to WDW in December because Disney + Christmas is awesome. MVMCP is a big part of that for us. We do not have kids. I had testicular cancer earlier this year and it didn't look like we were going to go in December (for the first time in seven years). About two weeks ago we started "just looking" (oh no), got a great fare on Delta and a heck of a hotel & car package on Orbitz so Disney here we come and we'll be closing down the Dec 10 MVMCP! :)

This says it all.

We went in '11, just the two of us. It was great. We got to walk on a lot of rides, the parade and fireworks were spectacular, and snow on Main Street is something that should be experienced at least once!

Trying the same thing expecting a different result... :scratchin

Do you not think it's possible to have a different experience at the parties every year? I have never been to one but I'd imagine that going a second time and at least being aware of what the crowd situation (not to mention kids being older, knowing to try to avoid things they didn't like before, etc.) is could make for a very different experience?

I usually vacation solo in December, leaving my DH at home with our two cats. We don't have children. I just cannot bring myself to miss the party. I really love this party. One year my DH came with me for just a day and a half of my seven day vacation. We had a super, wonderful time. I really feel this party is more for adults than it is for children. It can also be a romantic date night.

Have a wonderful time !

I'm so glad that there are others who do a solo trip. I've always wanted to see Disney at Christmas ime. I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter