MVMCP Dinner Plans

Stefy

Is it time for Disney yet???
Hi Guys

Hopefully this is in the right place.

We are going to MVMCP on 9th Dec and we have reservations for Kona Kafe at 5:30pm, but we have decided that we want to change that to something earlier so we can be in the park for when the party kicks off. Just realised that dinner starts at 5pm.

Can anyone tell me what happens when the party opens like when the tree lighting ceremony and castle lighting starts. As I have heard that the park sometimes opens at 5pm, does everything officially start at 7pm?

Thanx

Stefy x

You can get into the park for the party & get your wristband starting at 4pm. Personally, I wouldn't pay those prices for the party and then get there late or spend 1.5 hours sitting in a restaurant I can eat at any other time. Why not have a nice lunch, and then grab a snack during the party at a counter service place?

We went last night and it was awesome 6:30 with a show at the castle- we were at Crystal Palace waiting at that time. I would recommend Crystal Palace - food was great!- but get a 4 :30 reservation as you can enter the park I believe at 4pm for the party without using a day on your ticket if avoiding that is an issue. We wasted sometime in CP and felt like we had to rush our food down and run out which is not the most enjoyable meal though very good buffet. The parade is 10:15, fireworks at 9:30 and they are unbelieveable- as crowded as it is we went in front of the castle and it was great!!- I would not go to Kona at 5:30 as you won't get to the party until 7 which is the official opening but stuff is happening before that. The Mickey Twas the night before christmas was great too!!! and the forecourt show that runs several times and cocoa and cookies all night! You can see we had a good time. Enjoy!!

I forgot to mention - the castle lights should come on about 6 - not sure about the tree lighting, but it should be around then also. They'll do it just as it gets dark. Last year the night I did the party they also did regular Wishes at 6, in conjunction with the castle lighting. Had I been sitting in a restaurant or not arriving til 7, I would have missed all of that.

We will see you there on the 9th! We are doing a sit down lunch and are just going to grab CS or a snack before the party.

Thanx guys :)

I think what we decided to do was go for a large lunch in Epcot and then a CS if we get peckish later on.

Want to do everything at this party so sounds like getting there for 4pm is a plan.

Try The Plaza in the Magic Kingdom. You will have a seat that views the Castle lighting if you are by the window.

I was thinking about the Plaza, but DB is not keen so we are going to do Pepper Market or Epcot and then chill out before the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter