MVMCP: Are you going on December 9, 11, or 13?

kbmartin

DIS Veteran
Hi there! I'm heading to the party for the first time on our December 2017 trip. I was wondering if anyone is going THIS YEAR on the dates listed above (those are the dates equivalent to the ones we may attend in 2017). I'd like to hear about attendance if you go to the party on any of those dates. I am wondering if any of those dates get especially crowded - I want to make sure I am getting my money's worth. I would appreciate any replies!

I'm not attending, but Friday can be more busy because you have more locals attending the party with having the weekend off.

Sunday night might be a good idea because of football in the evening on TV; so, many locals will be home or at sport bars. Even out of town vacationers will skip the party for football.

Tuesday should be the best night to go.

Of course, weather is king. Usually, if the weather is poor attendance is down. Not everyone buys ahead on party tickets. Whether you want to be there on a bad weather day is a personal choice.

We are attending on Sunday, 12/11. It's our tradition to do a long weekend in December that includes MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional (and until this year, always included the Osborne Lights as well. )
We usually do the second weekend in December as the crowds are lighter. And I agree with PP, Sunday night parties have been less crowded than Friday nights from our experience.

I am doing Thursday 12/8. I'll report back. I'm not sure if you have the ability to do a Thursday night, but I get back to you. Temps will be 76/53, so it should be nice. Our goal is to see the 7D and a few shows. Does a Thursday report work?

I'm going 12/11 & 12/13. I'll do my best to report back when we are back from our trip! Shoot me a PM if I forget! : )

I am doing Thursday 12/8. I'll report back. I'm not sure if you have the ability to do a Thursday night, but I get back to you. Temps will be 76/53, so it should be nice. Our goal is to see the 7D and a few shows. Does a Thursday report work?

Sure! I don't think we'll be there on that Thursday next year, but you never know! Thanks!

You guys are all awesome! Thanks for responding - I look forward to the reports!

Do any of those days typically sell out? Just wondering!

I did 12/8 and LOVED it. My girls (8 and 6) really enjoyed it too. I waited in line with the 7D at 5:00. They appeared shortly before 6:20. It was a great meet and greet. They do NOT sign anything. When they appeared the line was not very long and I feel like I waited in line for nothing. By the time we were out of the meet and greet (we were 10th in line) the ENTIRE parade route was lined. I was able to find ONE spot at the end of main street outside of the Emporium for my two girls. The adults had to stand in the back. The wait between the parade and the fireworks was too long. Families with little kids may struggle to stay awake for this, so plan accordingly.

I really enjoy it and the 7d meet and greet were and AWESOME parade was worth it, if money is tight and the kids can't stay up until 11/12, it may not make sense.

Any other reports?

I went on the 13th and it was great! We barely waited for any of the rides. Most was 10 minutes maybe. We definitely got lots done during the first parade...definitely wait for the 2nd if you can! We got great spots for the fireworks and later parade and only went maybe about 20 mins before they started. It didn't seem overly busy to me at all. We didn't do any of the characters though, but the lines we did pass looked pretty long. We stayed right until midnight and it went by way too quickly. Overall we had an amazing time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter