MVMCP a tip or two

The castle lighting is at 5:45p so you definitely will miss that. You may get to MK by 7:00p though. An hour to eat (hopefully) and then time to get there.

OOHHHH, the castle lighting. I didn't know about this. Is there something extra special about it? If it's at 5:45pm then non-party goers are still in the park right? Just curious as I do not want to miss a thing.

We are eating a late breakfast/early brunch at CM on this day and I was figuring CS at MK for dinner. I am now trying to figure out where and when to eat in order to not miss a thing!

I am SOOOO EXCITED!:banana: :santa:

OOHHHH, the castle lighting. I didn't know about this. Is there something extra special about it? If it's at 5:45pm then non-party goers are still in the park right? Just curious as I do not want to miss a thing.

We are eating a late breakfast/early brunch at CM on this day and I was figuring CS at MK for dinner. I am now trying to figure out where and when to eat in order to not miss a thing!

I am SOOOO EXCITED!:banana: :santa:

It started last year. The ceremony and lighting happens every night and since it's at 5:45p anyone can see it. Then it stays lit for the night.

Link to video of the lighting ceremony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FqWITvldto

DSC03263.JPG

I have a question about meeting the characters. We will want to meet Donald at the Christmas tree lot, Scrooge, Belle and the Beast, and I've also heard that Snow White and all seven might be there. Oh, I forgot about Mickey and Minnie in their Christmas clothes. Are the lines going to be horrible for these characters? Is there a strategy you use to meeting them all? This is my first party, so I'm not sure how you balance the characters with the Christmas shows! Thanks in advance :)

I'm with Princess K, how do we balance the characters with the other fun stuff? Should Mickey and Minnie be the first stop??? The only other must do is Scrooge and the 7 dwarves...would the lines start before 7pm? What's the difference the Judge's Tent and the Hall of Fame? I didn't know there were two spots???

Sorry so many questions...this is our 1st party!!! :cool1:

I'm thinking we'll be hitting the first Twas the Night Before Christmas show, then find Scrooge, Mickey and Minnie and Beauty and the Beast. Do other fun stuff before wishes and the 2nd parade.

It's only DD and I this trip (I'm sooo excited about that.) I'm sure I'll be adjusting my thinking as I hear more about MVMCP and once DD knows what she wants to do - she doesn't even know about the trip yet. Hee, hee.

We did get a pic with Snow White and 7 Dwarves during MNSSHP. We went to the last time they were out. The line was long but we got there early so we were the 5th group in line which meant we didn't wait very long. I don't know if they are out for MVMCP.

Plus there was no photopass photographer there so if you have the CM with them take the pic double check the pic. I'd heard of folks having the CM mess up the picture and you don't want that to happen to you.

I am glad all of you are planning to go to the shows and all the Christmas acitivites, that will leave all the rides wide open :)

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself:banana: October is such a long month. I wish November would get here already!!! :santa:

It started last year. The ceremony and lighting happens every night and since it's at 5:45p anyone can see it. Then it stays lit for the night.

Link to video of the lighting ceremony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FqWITvldto

DSC03263.JPG

If that doesn't give you goosebumps I don't know what will!!

Great link to You Tube to watch it in action as well. Thanks!

I'm going to my 1st MVMCP on 12/4 - just got my ticket TODAY! This is a trip with a GF - no kids - and we're as excited as 5-year olds to go to MVMCP!!

Be sure to see Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas. It's a very cute show that's done several times during the party. But, be sure to get there very early - at least 30 minutes prior to the show. Our showing was standing room only but we were early enough to get good seats.
Excellent tip there. In fact, I'd try to get in line for that show earlier than 30 minutes before show time. I have been in the park during parties when being in line an hour before hand would have been iffy.

Depends on the crowd I guess, but I'd sure get there as early as I could. It is an excellent show methinks.
:santa:

Hi - we are planning on doing "the spirit of Aloha" 5:15 show before the party. Do you think that this is a good idea?

If that doesn't give you goosebumps I don't know what will!!

Great link to You Tube to watch it in action as well. Thanks!

I'm going to my 1st MVMCP on 12/4 - just got my ticket TODAY! This is a trip with a GF - no kids - and we're as excited as 5-year olds to go to MVMCP!!

We will be at the 12/4 MVMCP too. See you there!

We will be there Dec. 19th.

Does anyone know where Scrooge is usually located? Also, are there any other *rare* characters out during the party?

Hi - we are planning on doing "the spirit of Aloha" 5:15 show before the party. Do you think that this is a good idea?

IMHO, if it were me and I could switch it, I def would. SOA is an amazing show and quite an event in itself. The last time I was there, it took up a good amount of time. However, if your not hoping to see and do it all during the party, you will prob be okay. But again, if it were me, I'd switch. Any other opinions?

The majority of people you ask might say 'yes', but not me. I like to do a different park in the am, sometimes getting a late start and then leave that park around 2:00p, go back to the resort and either swim or nap or just relax and great ready for MVMCP.

I'd rather take it easy the next morning myself and either have that be an off day or a resort day or again, get a late start and head to a park.

Have fun planning!

That's just about what I do too.
On the day of MVMCP I go to AK in the morning. For me - AK is only a half day park, so I do it on the
MVMCP day. Then I leave by 1:30 or so and go back to my room. I try to get in some sort of down time like the pool or a nap. I then have dinner near my resort, and get ready for the party!! It's really beautiful.

I will be going on Nov. 20'th as well. Looks like it is a popular night! If you are interested in seeing Snow White and all 7 dwarfs together they are usually in Fantasyland right by the path that goes down to Toon town kind of across from the Winnie the Pooh ride. Definatly wear some sort of Christmas hat for fun pictures. I like to watch the parade both times because there is so much going on that you want to see it all!

Snow White and the 7 dwarfs are out at MVMCP? I thought they only came out at MNSSHP. Can anyone else confirm this? If they are out at MVMCP, we'll be so happy! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter