Mustang Madness

FlyingElephant

Earning My Ears
We're going to Disney World the week of 8/25-8/31. We originally attempted to book a room at CSR, but they've been booked up since May 2012 for a Mustang Convention the end weekend of our trip. The website for this convention offered a Disney park/resort combo offer for people staying at CSR, so it booked up fast. Since this week is usually pretty slow, does anyone think this flood of conventioneers (enough to book all CSR) will crowd the parks?

Many of them will be involved in their car activities and the tickets they get only work in the mid to late afternoon. So..........from rope drop until mid afternoon many of them will not be in the parks.

There are lots of conventions, sports events, etc. year round that occupy various resorts. You generally don't see any impact at the parks even when they do go as overall they are actually a small percentage of the overall guests.

Thanks for the advice. We've been the last week of August twice before, and crowds have always been low. When I saw that the Mustang Club offered an incentive (room discount and 2 free tickets) for its patrons to stay that whole week instead of just Labor Day weekend, and that the whole resort had been booked up, I panicked a little, but your advice has been consoling.

I wonder if that week will be even less crowded than usual, since Free Dining was not offered for that week as it has in the past, maybe causing people to shift their trips into September. What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter