• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must sees for 2 and 3yo girls

erinmc2

Earning My Ears
Hi all we are taking our first family WDW trip in August and my girls are 2 and 3yo and I was wondering of any must see or do things while we are there. Also I'm sure this may sound dumb but being that my girls are so young my hubby is wondering if there are a good amount of "rides" for us to do w/ them..I know splash mountain is out but rides for the girls...are there a lot? Thanks in advance

FANTASYLAND in the magic kingdom/
its a world of princesses, and non-scary rides galore, they'll have a blast there.
also make sure to stop in cinderellas royal table for a great breakfast with all the favorite princesses. (and prince charming, too!)
like you said, the "mountains" out. (space, splash, and big thunder.)
but Goofys barnstormer is a little-kid-friendly coaster in toontown in the magic kingdom, that is the perfect first coaster.
also try the strategy of "working them up" to a big coaster or rideuntil you find their limit.
example:
first try dumbo, if that works move on peter pan. if that works move onto something else, and just see what they can handle.
There is a TON of things kids that age can enjoy, and remeber that the "rides" arent really what disneys about! theres the parade, the joy of just sitting and eating ice cream before lunch, swimming at the pool, just the little experiences count.

Fantasyland for sure is a little girls dream.
Ariel's Grotto at MK
Toontown
Epcot has so many great things for little kids like Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush and it's a good place to find princesses. They are all over the world showcase area.
The B&B and Playhouse Disney shows at MGM are good too. The Ariel show is good, but be careful there because Ursula is very large, loud and scary. I had to take my daughter out because she was scared to death when she was 4 1/2.
Any parade is of course a must see.

Good character meals are the Princess Storybook one at Akeshus in Norway. There are lots of princesses. We also love 1900 Park Fare. Many people like CRT but the food revues are rarely good. If you can afford it one of the tea parties at the GF would be good too.

We just got back with our DD2 and this is what she did and loved:

Magic Kingdom:
Dumbo
Peter Pan
Winnie the Pooh
It's a Small World
Snow White (a little scary for her)
Buzz Lightyear
Magic Carpet Ride
She was too short by 1/2 inch for Goofy's Barnstormer (need to be 35 in)
they could also do Jungle Cruise

We wanted to do Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean, but didn't get around to it (she could have gone on those, but looking back may have been too scary for her).

She loved the Crystal Palace Character Pooh Breakfast

Epcot:

Nemo
Figment
Land Boat Ride

Hollywood Studios:

Playhouse Disney show
Ariel show
We missed Beauty and the Beast:(
Sci Fi Dinner (loved this)

Animal Kingdom:

Safari
Tri Spin in Dinoland
Nemo Show (this was probably her favorite!)
African dancers (she loved dancing with them)

We just returned with a trip with our dd2 who enjoyed all of the above but her favorite "ride" was Cinderella's Carousel. I think we went on it a total of 7x. She also loved Its A Small World.

thanks for all the replies...it sounds like we'll have more than enough todo. yippy!:cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :yay:

Yes to all of the above! Also, you can meet the Little Einsteins at DHS, and the character breakfast and lunch at Hollywood & Vine features June and Leo, as well as Jojo the clown. my then 1.5 y/o danced around with Jojo and had a blast! She will be just over 3 for our next trip and she loves the Little Einsteins! In fact, I think we'll be having a LE 3rd birthday party this summer!

We are taking a 2 year old - I agree with others, LOTS to do.
Have you seen the Disney Preschool custom maps? That might help too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter