• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must See/Do In Huntington Beach??

PrairyChikk

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are going to Southern CA for 10 days over Easter. We have a day booked to spend at Huntington Beach (possibly Easter Sunday). What things do we absolutely have to see or do there? Any restaurant recommendations? We have a 15 yo dd and an 11 yo ds. Is anything going to be closed on Easter Sunday?

:cool1:

Huntington Beach is wonderful. Probably my fav beach in Southern CA. I don't remember the name of the resturant we ate at that was so good, but it was a seafood place right on the beach. Excellent food, great view. I wish I could remember the name, as there are probably several there. One day, we just got hotdogs at Wienerschnitzel and took them to the beach for a little picnic.

There was a bicycle rental place on the beach also. We rented bikes and cruised down the shore. That was a lot of fun. The rental guy said we could ride to Newport, as it's not very far away, but we chose to stay in Huntington. Now, we always say if we go back we will ride down there.

Mostly, we laid on the beach and watched the surfers. It's called Surf City USA after all :) I'm from the midwest, so laying on the beach is my ideal vacation. You can rent chairs & umbrellas to lounge in, rather than just laying on beach towels.

Sorry I'm not more help, I just basically wanted to tell you Huntington is beautiful, and you'll have a great time.

We ate at Duke's right at the Pier. It was very, very good. It's fun to stroll the pier and watch the surfers. There are lots of great surf shops to browse as well.

Huntington Beach is great. You can play in the sand, rent boogie boards, bikes, roller blades etc. Buy a kite on the pier. Also lots of shopping at beach and surf shops. I love to sit on the beach and watch the surfers.

Tons of places to eat, google Huntington Beach.

Have fun.

Also check out this website for more info on Huntington Beach:
thelocalhb.com
I run this website and it is full of info about Huntington Beach. I'm a local here and love this city! It's the best. Have a great visit here.

Thanks everyone! Great website HB Local!
I can't wait to get there. We decided to definitely spend Easter Sunday on the beach.

:beach:

thanks and have fun on your trip.... the weather should be great for you,
Victoria
Your HB Local

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter