Must see Disney movies before visiting the parks?

Snooks23

Mouseketeer
We are taking our pretty much first Disney trip in July. My DD will be 6 the day we arrive & I think she will like meeting everyone. She's seen all the princess movies aside from Sleeping Beauty. It's on my list for her to see, I just don't remember watching it & liking it so I've been putting it off lol. Anyways, I've tried to watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame a few times & she never seemed to like it.. Finally I got her to watch it last night & she really liked it! She was like "oh my gosh that girl is awesome!!" About Esmerelda. She knows Nemo, Monsters Ink, Cars & the Main disney characters, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pooh & friends, Pluto & such..

What are some Disney movies she must see? They don't have to be animated.

I really want to see Tower of Terror. I feel like if she watches it, she might not feel as scared walking through the que to the ride. Maybe the same for Haunted Mansion.

Thanks!

Has she seen the Lion King? That would be a good one. We are running through them before our trip as well for my 4 year old DS. He knows Mickey and the Disney Junior characters, Cars, Monsters, Inc, Toy Story. But I introduced him to more of the princess movies so he'll know who they are as well.

Has she seen the Lion King? That would be a good one. We are running through them before our trip as well for my 4 year old DS. He knows Mickey and the Disney Junior characters, Cars, Monsters, Inc, Toy Story. But I introduced him to more of the princess movies so he'll know who they are as well.

Idk why I didn't list that. She loves that movie. Hercules, Tarzan, as well.

Thought of two more although you may have included them with princess movies, Alice In Wonderland & Mary Poppins. Trying to think of the characters in the parks. :) Oh and my DS7's favorite, Jungle Book!

Thought of two more although you may have included them with princess movies, Alice In Wonderland & Mary Poppins. Trying to think of the characters in the parks. :) Oh and my DS7's favorite, Jungle Book!

I can't remember if she watched the animated Alice or not.. I know she has watched the newest one. & ill add marry poppins! Do you think a 6 yo would enjoy that movie?

My four-year old boy LOVED Mary Poppins...it really is a very nice movie.

Has she seen the tinker bell/ fairy movies?

Looks like you've done good! My son won't sit through hunchback!

My four-year old boy LOVED Mary Poppins...it really is a very nice movie.

Has she seen the tinker bell/ fairy movies?

Looks like you've done good! My son won't sit through hunchback!

That's good to know, ill deff try it! She loves Tink & the fairies. I guess I should have added some of these, but I kind of forget until its mentioned lol.

The dog and the boy from Up do meet and greets and I think also some of the characters from Wreck it Ralph so you might want to let her see those two if she hasn't.

We've been making Friday into Disney night for months as we try to cram in every Disney movie we can manage. :) I'm sure some will say it's heresy, but those early movies are... well let's just say they are hard to watch today. I think we've hit every movie that has any theming at the parks though.

If she has seen the new Alice, you might show her Pirates. How about the Princess and the Frog?

How about the Adventures of Tom Sawyer or Swiss Family Robinson. I wonder if you can get the old Tom Sawyer movie with Johnny Whitaker or Swiss Family Robinson...or if you would still want to for that matter.

Mulan! Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, Fox and the Hound, Robin Hood, The Rescuers, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Chicken Little, Brother Bear, A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, Atlantis...
And one of my DD's favorites is Treasure Planet

Cinderella. Having been to the parks with a finicky 5-6-7 year old, this movie was a winner. A plus is that Disney just had a big push for the 50th anniversary for this movie (lot's of merch to buy).

Rapunzel and Belle were also big hits. My DD liked the movies recently and was super excited to see the characters. The fairies were also big hits...

Animated:
Mulan (some people count this as Princess),Robin Hood,Sword and the Stone,Black Cauldron, Emperors New groove,Fantasia,Bambi,Fox and the Hound,The Many Adventures of Winne the Pooh (original),Lady and the Tramp,101 Dalmatians,Aladin,The Rescuers,Brave Little Toaster,The Great Mouse Detective,Dumbo

Live action:
Pollyanna,Summer Magic,Pete's Dragon,Hocus Pocus,Newsies,Bedknobs and Broomsticks,

Muppets:
Muppet Treasure Island,The original Muppet show

Most of these ( and my love of them) were passed onto me by my mom, but they are some of my all time favorites!:dance3:

Hi

Here is our list of movies watch or recomend to our friends that havenever been to the parks to watch before going to WDW

Movie -- Attraction/Show
Little Mermaid---- Ariels Grotto
Swiss Family Robinson----Swiss family Robinson Tree House
The Haunted Mansion----The Haunted Mansion
County Bears -----County Bears Jamboree
Alice in Wonderland----Tea Cups
Song Of The South----Splash Mountain
Peter Pan----Peter Pans Flight
Sword and the stone----Sword Cerimony
Winnie the Pooh-----Pooh Ride
Alladin-----Flying Carpets
Dumbo----Dumbo the flying elephants
Cinderella----Castle
Snow white----Scary Adventures of Snow White
Pirates of the Carribean----POTC
Bugs Life----It's tuff to be a bug
Toy Story----Buzz Lightyears space ranger spin
Tower of Terror movie----TOT
Lilo and Stitch----Stitch Ride
Beauty and the Beast----B and B stage show
Lion King----Legend of the Lion King Show
Indiana Jones----Indiana Jones stunt Show

Goofydad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter