• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must See Attractions?

MeganMango

Mouseketeer
I'm coming to Disney solo the week of March 6-11. I've been there one other time before for the Disney Marathon Weekend and ran the Goofy Challenge (39.3 miles in a weekend!) :D

But I didn't really get to see much because I was only there over the weekend.

What are some MUST see for me, tours, attractions? Does the Segway attraction cost extra? I am going to stay in either POP Century or All Star Sports. Food experiences are not important to me, I plan on doing quick service for all of them if I can!

Last edited:
I'm coming to Disney solo the week of March 6-11. I've been there one other time before for the Disney Marathon Weekend and ran the Goofy Challenge (39.3 miles in a weekend!) :D

But I didn't really get to see much because I was only there over the weekend.

What are some MUST see for me, tours, attractions? Does the Segway attraction cost extra?

What do you enjoy doing? Do you like things fast paced, or slow and easy? How important is food and drink to your enjoyment of a vacation? Where are you staying? Those are important factors in answering your question.

In general, I would say there are no definite "must do" attractions for everyone. Your personal preferences will come into play.

For us, strolling World Showcase at Epcot at least once if not twice per trip is a must. We also "must" take a picture of our family in front of Cinderella Castle at MK. And, we always book Hoop Dee Doo for dinner one night. Everything else is negotiable. We try to vary what we see and do from trip to trip. Favorite attractions currently include Big Thunder Mtn, it's a small world, Tomorrowland Speedway, and the carousel. But...we also have a 3 year old! I'm sure favorites will evolve as he gets older.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Segway attraction or even what that is.

(And congrats on the Goofy challenge! That's a lot of mileage in a short time!)

What do you enjoy doing? Do you like things fast paced, or slow and easy? How important is food and drink to your enjoyment of a vacation? Where are you staying? Those are important factors in answering your question.

In general, I would say there are no definite "must do" attractions for everyone. Your personal preferences will come into play.

For us, strolling World Showcase at Epcot at least once if not twice per trip is a must. We also "must" take a picture of our family in front of Cinderella Castle at MK. And, we always book Hoop Dee Doo for dinner one night. Everything else is negotiable. We try to vary what we see and do from trip to trip. Favorite attractions currently include Big Thunder Mtn, it's a small world, Tomorrowland Speedway, and the carousel. But...we also have a 3 year old! I'm sure favorites will evolve as he gets older.

Food is not all that important, I plan on going as cheap as possible with food. I'm staying at either Pop Century or All Star Sports, but I like fast paced, i like rides, I like interesting attractions! I def want to get my picture in front of cinderella's castle and go to Magic Kingdom. I love the Animal Kingdom Safari. I'll update my post with my hotel stay and that food is not overly important to me!!!

Thank you for your answer!! :D

The only Segway tour I could find any information on is one at Ft. Wilderness that costs $96 - I know there used to be one at Epcot, bus I think that one was discontinued several years ago. I would say that must-dos for a first trip would be the classics - Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, it's a small world, etc.

As PPs have noted, "must-sees" are in the eyes of the beholder.

But speaking very broadly, I think the attractions with the most universal appeal would include:

Magic Kingdom: Mickey's PhilharMagic 3D, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion (can be scary for little ones, though), Peter Pan's Flight, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

Epcot: World Showcase, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, (would include Soarin but unfortunately it's closed for refurbishment)

Animal Kingdom: Safari, Festival of the Lion King

Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania, Fantasmic

Fireworks, parades, and character greetings are definitely on many folks' Must See list (but not on ours). The big roller coasters (Space, Everest, Rock n Roller Coaster), and the big drops (Splash, Tower of Terror) ARE on our list, however.

Some must-do rides for us... In Hollywood Studios - Tower of Terror, Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours
Magic Kingdom - 7 Dwarves, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Kiliminjaro Safaris, Dinosaur
Epcot - Test Track and Soarin. Illuminations is our favorite fireworks show! Strolling around the World Showcase is amazing too! And if you're not doing sit down meals, this is the best place to "snack around the world"
Also for a great experience we love Hoop dee doo Revue... The show is really entertaining! It's a great night out :)
Have a magical trip!!

I see you have a 3 year old, and they sit through Hoop Dee Doo just fine? I have a DD10 and DS8...not sure if they would sit through it. They aren't into musicals.

These are our Must-Dos (we tend to like thrill rides and are willing to push ourselves to get it all in):

Magic Kingdom: Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Monsters Inc
Animal Kingdom: Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, Flights of Wonder, Pangani Trail, Maharaja Jungle Trek
Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Toy Story Midway Mania
Epcot: Test Track, Journey Into Imagination, Strolling World Showcase to eat, drink and window-shop around the world

Even you don't like Star Wars, you must must must see the Star Wars fireworks at Disney's Hollywood Studios. They are the most incredible fireworks you will ever see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter