Must see a lot of webbed feet in DL!

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
I've noticed a lot of posters here are from Washington state, and I just read somewhere that Seattle is one of the largest markets for Disneyland.

Not sure why I felt the need to share that, but I did... :)

Thats very interesting. I wonder if its because its so far for most of us to travel to WDW, so we all go to DL instead. I know that my most of my online friends are surprised that we dont go to WDW. They forget that I'm as far from there as you can get and still be in the USA!

When we were there last month most of the people we talked to were from the Vancouver BC area.

At my son's dr visit last week we mentioned that we were going to DL the last week of April and he replied "You and the rest of the state!"

About 8 or 9 years ago when Disney tried it's hand in the Disney fair (at the Western WA fairgrounds) I remember hearing they were doing it because of the huge market here.

Disney fair? What was that? I don't remember hearing about that.

The article I read listed about 4 major markets for Disneyland, and I think one of the others was BC. I know that a lot of people from this area go to Hawaii as well, and if you think about it, it makes perfect sense: We're just looking for a little sun! :sunny:

Alex2kMommy said:
Disney fair? What was that? I don't remember hearing about that.

Hmm, I can't post URL's yet, it says. But search "Disney Fair Puyallup" and you'll see an article in the Orlando Business Journal.
This is the only thing I could find on it. I think it was in '96?

Found it; how interesting! I don't remember hearing anything about that at the time, but then again, I don't typically attend the stage performances (things that require an additional fee beyond the entrance fee.) Since they haven't done it again, I'm gathering it wasn't a huge source of revenue for them.

We were at DL last week and met many people from WA. A few different families from Lake Stevens, a family from Samamish, and we even met my son's classmate from Kirkland. Our kids are young (5 & 8) so we're not thinking about DW for at least 3 years. I find it easier to travel to DL. Just traveling to DW takes 2 days out of your vacation (1 day for travel to and 1 day for your retun travel).

That's funny meeting so many people from home. :)

Reminds me of some friends of ours, who were planning their honeymoon years ago. We highly recommended Maui, which is where we honeymooned and had several subsequent visits. My DGF says, "No, everybody honeymoons in Maui, we want to go somewhere different!" So they went to the Caribbean. A few years later her DH decided to go back to school, and they settled in Georgia. In discussing honeymoons with their Georgia friends, turns out the Caribbean is where everyone there honeymoons... :rotfl2:

I remember hearing somewhere that the lower mainland area (the greater area around Vancouver, BC) is the largest draw area for Disneyland after Southern California.
It's certainly the place to go amongst my friends! We've been each of the last two years and most everyone we know is going this year sometime. Wish we were too!

This is funny. I was born and raised in Washington and we definately did the So. California vacation frequently when I was growing up. As an adult tho, I took my DH and DS's to WDW a few times, while we were still living in Washington and when we moved to Maine. Now that we are back in Washington, we want to try DL (their first time), just driving to add to the adventure and save some money.

Just curious...did the study specify that it was Washintonians or just the Pacific Northwest in general?

Whenever we go on or around spring break we see Oregonians, Washingtonians and Canadians. We all need a little sun!

We also know a lot of people going. One of my girlfriends is there with her childhood friends and her little girl right now! And when DH mentioned to his boss that we were going, the boss said he was taking his family in May!

This family from Marysville, WA will be there the last week of April (along with everyone else)!

mAlien13 said:
This is funny. I was born and raised in Washington and we definately did the So. California vacation frequently when I was growing up. As an adult tho, I took my DH and DS's to WDW a few times, while we were still living in Washington and when we moved to Maine. Now that we are back in Washington, we want to try DL (their first time), just driving to add to the adventure and save some money.

Just curious...did the study specify that it was Washintonians or just the Pacific Northwest in general?

And my sad tale is that we lived in the SF Bay Area for 4 years of my childhood, and we never went to Disneyland! Well, I take that back; my brothers went with their Scout troop. But I'm not bitter about it...hardly.

The article I read called it the "Seattle" market, and I believe BC might have been another of the 4. I wish I could remember where I saw it, I'd go re-read it! I used to claim that my failing memory was due to pre-/post-childbirth hormones, but now that my youngest is approaching two, I'm going to have to find another excuse... :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter