Must have's for Disney?

Azza1987

DIS Veteran
Hi Guys :)

Hope everyone is ok, and excited for Christmas :)

We're inching closer to our holiday, and I just wondered what's your must haves for your trip to Disney?

Apart from the usual clothing, and I certainly know I'll be bringing my digital camera, is there anything else you'd recommend us taking with us for a first timer?

Yes comfy shoes for sure

Plenty of memory cards for camera

We buy the photopass plus before we go

Laptop. Very useful when things go smoothly, easily change ADR's, see opening times, book things etc but its invaluable when things go wrong, ie ash cloud. Saved me so much hassle and money having a laptop with us.
Also cuts down on memory cards, only need one now, upload to laptop each evening.

We always have an small insulated cool bag and take some frozen bottles of water in it with unfrozen ones - sees us through the day in the parks.

Also take a UK 4 gang extension lead to keep the variety of mobile phones, iPods, netbooks etc charged up.

Random things for the disney part is definately a travel kettle and tea bags!!! I like my cuppa in the morning and am not a fan of the stuff they sell out there. They just dont "get" hot tea???

And we ALWAYS take bottles of dilutable juice for the kids.

For some bizarre reason this is almost non existant in Orlando, unless you want to pay £5 for something you can get for £1 at home :scared1:

It'll be my first trip too and one thing I'm definitely bringing is at least 3 bottles of suncream!

I'd definitely confirm some of the PP's suggestions, comfortable shoes (don't buy new ones and expect to break them in when you get there because you'll be in blister city!) A laptop if you can, ideal for checking stuff and getting information when you need it and saving on SD cards. Other suggestions I would make for first timers is after sun cream... most people take sun screen but most don't pack after sun cream. I'd also recommend taking baby wipes and zip lock bags. They have multiple uses when carrying around wet clothes, taking food away. If you're on the DDP, you will get more food than you can eat and we often end up taking cupcakes and stuff away because we can't eat them after the huge meal!

Other advice I would give is to use the WDW website to view maps etc before you leave. People often underestimate the sheer size of WDW. I've read in numerous places that the average person in a park will walk up to 20 miles! Finally, don't expect to see and do everything. Be realistic in your expectations of what you can realistically cover! HAVE FUN!!

Id agree with all the above.

My advice would be to build some downtime into your schedule so you dont crash at some point from being on the go constantly!
You wont realise how on-the-go you are the whole time. Building in some time to chill out by the pool will mean you can have hectic days and not miss out on some of the main things you want to do!

i would say park maps! i think these are the one thing that i would grab going through the entrance of the park each day. they have show times, information about height restrictions ect! :thumbsup2

we also take frozen bottles of juice with us! we found the premade bottled juice from publix is fine if you add some more water to it and we froze these and took them into the park.

never had a problem with footwear as i just wear flip flops, i have no idea how people do it in socks and walking shoes/trainers. I would be so hot!

have great fun planning, the more you research now the more you will be able to get out of your holiday! xx

A few odd ones for you - Plasters, paracetamol, hair bobbles/ clips to tie your hair up if it gets too hot, Nescafé 3 in 1, we also take a few fabric reusable carriers as they come in very useful for shopping/ ferrying food back to the room. I'd also recommend that you don't take too much jewellery (a mistake I often make as I never wear much in the heat).

Happy planning :)

The strange essential for me is foot cream. I like the one from Lush, really soothes aching feet at the end of the day. Last time I took some of the peppermint foot crystals and soaked my feet in a shallow bath. It was amazing!

We like to take sun blind for car keeps little one from melting too much and also makes finding the car much easier. Bit of advertising too for our sons swim school - Waterbabies. :rotfl2:

But biggest thing is pack your patience. Have fun, you'll be hooked.

Honestly, we take next to nothing with us. Comfortable shoes and clothing, cheap sunglasses (always wind up leaving them on a ride/sitting on them/dropping them/losing tem) and as Wayne said, a laptop/table/smartphone to get online as this makes life a million times easier. I would never bother dragging Suncream, tea etc. half way across the world when it's cheaper and a better range out there. We go to the supermarket on the first day and pick up everything we need and it's always cheaper than back in the UK.

Thanks so much guys! I have an Iphone which I'll definitely set up for USA use, but should be ok with the Wi-Fi on site hopefully!

Wouldn't even have thought about taking tea bags/kettle, I presumed Id be OK, can't function with a stong brew in the morning :)

I usually just wear flip flops on holiday but Im going to take my little converse for the park days just so Im bit comfier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter