• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must have snacks while touring the Worlds

Moosehead is by far- one of my favorite beers from Canada. Luckily for me I live 30 minutes from the Ontario border so I can get it anytime I want.

I"m not sure where in the countries of the world this beer would be served- but if anyone see's it on the menu- order it. Its' called Stella Artois and it's really really good. My favorite of all time.

Stella Artois is Belgian Beer, brewed by Inbev, headquarters in Leuven, and yes, I can see the brewery from where I sit at work :cool1:

I think that in Epcot, you can get it at UK.

ETA: www.stella-artois.com

Ok, no one posted my favorite - cookie ice cream sandwiches from Main Street. Not the premade ones you can buy at the cart, but the ones where they take two enormous cookies and fill them with ice cream. Seriously, DH and I plan our schedules so we can be at MK at afternoon snack time!

Schoolbread is a must for me at least once per visit.

Mickey bars for the sweetpea. As many as she can get.

OH, I LOVE this thread! This is some real need to know info for me! I am so excited! Have not been since 2000 and we weren't on DDP and I don't even remember buying snacks, so I am quite ignorant in this area, so please excuse these questions!

I'm confused from the previous posts, though- Is that carrot cake cookie from a bakery on Main Street or from MGM or maybe both? It looks incredible!

Mickey Bars- I'm assuming they'll be easy to find once we are there?

What is school bread?

Chocolate Croissant in France
Nachos and Margaritas in Mexico
Cheese Danish in Starring Rolls Bakery

I don't remember the name, but it's a trail mix with dried fruit, sesame sticks, nuts....it's delish and the kids love it. I found it in the gift shop at the BC and also in the candy shop in the MK.

On our last trip my 7 yo nephew at my whole bag!! :eek:

My all time favorite snack is no longer there so I won't even bother to mention it.... :rolleyes1

My favorite is the School Bread from Norway. YUMMY!!! It's a round bread, covered in coconut and has a cream type of filling in the middle. It is SOOOO good...:ccat:

Our other favorite- WAS- the Beaver Tails in Canada.:sad2:

OH, I LOVE this thread!...
What is school bread?

Oh I do wish I knew how to copy pictures.:confused3

I have two great pics I've copied from these boards of school bread and I tried to paste one earlier on page 2 and I can't get it to print the pic...School bread looks so amazing!:love:

I do hope someone is able to paste a copy here for you...anyone? popcorn::

Oh, can someone please tell me where to find the sugared nuts at Epcot????

I have seen them in USA Pavillion over in the World Showcase.....little white cart.......not sure if they're anywhere else.

I bought the sugared nuts at a stand near the McDonald's place by Canada, where WS and FW meet. However, I wanted to say that when I had them, the next morning, I woke up with a very painful abcessed tooth. The dentist thought that maybe biting on the hard nuts caused irritation and thus problems. Just in case, I won't be eating any more sugared nuts.

I was lurking online and came across this:
Rose & Crown United Kingdom at Epcot Imperial Sampler
Anyone tried this? It looks like you get 6 nice size glasses for $10.00:drinking1

If I knew how to post a picture I would cause I have a pic of it, but alas, I'm technically challenged in that department and can't figure it out:confused3 !

I must be the only idiot that likes Beverly, but I always stop in and drink some when I'm in Epcot. It's a nice warmup for Drinking Round The World, IMHO. :) And it's free! What's not to like? :rotfl2:

My favorite snack ever, though, is the Mickey gingerbread they sell in Germany. Mmmm. I could eat that stuff all day. It's nice and gingery and soft and chewy. Delicious if you like gingerbread.

I must be the only idiot that likes Beverly, but I always stop in and drink some when I'm in Epcot. It's a nice warmup for Drinking Round The World, IMHO. :) And it's free! What's not to like? :rotfl2:

My favorite snack ever, though, is the Mickey gingerbread they sell in Germany. Mmmm. I could eat that stuff all day. It's nice and gingery and soft and chewy. Delicious if you like gingerbread.

Beverly is my fave too. Reminds me of Campari. The others are mostly sickly-sweet to me, a person who doesn't enjoy any American soft drinks either.

Gotta try the gingerbread!

Well, I've been patting myself on my head since I've been so diligent and successful in shedding excess poundage.:cheer2: Then, I happened to come across this thread. To quote Joan Rivers: CAN WE TALK!!!:lmao:

So, so far I'm going to try the following: the 3 swirls in the MK - 1 at a time, the carrot cake cookie at the Main Street Bakery, the lemon tart and chocolate eclair in France, the Mickey gingerbread in Germany. And the baklava is a must. These will be added to the standard Mickey bars and popcorn.

I'd like to add my personal favorite in Norway: that's the fresh berry tart. DEEEELISH. It has a nice crust (gingerbread if I recall), with a custard filling and topped with the freshest berries - raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and a ginormous blackberry. Last time I "had" it my son swiped all the berries leaving me with the custard and crust:sad2: :sad1:

I must be the only idiot that likes Beverly, but I always stop in and drink some when I'm in Epcot. It's a nice warmup for Drinking Round The World, IMHO. :) And it's free! What's not to like? :rotfl2: QUOTE]

Where is Beverly? Is it a place or drink? I've not heard of it before. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter