Must have photo shots.

jcdwing

Earning My Ears
Hi we are going to WDW in a little over a month with a 3 yr old. I am looking for creative photo Ideas for great shots.

Some i have heard are

Face reflection in a mylar balloon. chachaters, castle and such in the background.

Some of the castle perfectly placed.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

There's also holding the child up infront of the tree of life.

It's tough forcing any photo-op on any child.
Oops I read 3 month :o

Still, yes candids are best. At 3 years I would go to fountains that kids play in and have a camera ready.

Hard to get too creative with posed shots with a 3 year old. So try for more candids.

Also consider some shots from behind, like him walking down Main Street toward the castle. Don't need a smile for that one! ;)

This question is really so subjective. Plus, all the most popular shots have been so done, they are almost cliche. Yes, a picture in front of the castle is nice, and it is a "must have".. but it's also unoriginal and cliche.

So my advice is simple -- Capture the fun and essence of YOUR experience. Capture your favorite things at Disney, as well as the overall flavor of your own vacation. Don't forget to take lots of candids. Get pictures with characters, if the characters have meaning to you. Capture scenes that will refresh your own memory of your experience and vacation. Use your camera to tell the story of your vacation. Whether it be the fireworks or parades or the castle.

I'm not always as good as I preach. I end up with way too many posed pictures and not enough candids.

But that's the must have --- The look of joy and excitement captured on your 3 year-olds face, during some Disney moment.

I have a picture from my first Disney trip -- My 2 kids walking hand in hand ahead of us towards the castle.

Disney 2011 best-79 by Havoc315, on Flickr

This is my own person must-have shot. Couldn't have planned it.

Hard to get too creative with posed shots with a 3 year old. So try for more candids.

Also consider some shots from behind, like him walking down Main Street toward the castle. Don't need a smile for that one! ;)

lol.. As you were posting that reply.. I posted...

This question is really so subjective. Plus, all the most popular shots have been so done, they are almost cliche. Yes, a picture in front of the castle is nice, and it is a "must have".. but it's also unoriginal and cliche.

So my advice is simple -- Capture the fun and essence of YOUR experience. Capture your favorite things at Disney, as well as the overall flavor of your own vacation. Don't forget to take lots of candids. Get pictures with characters, if the characters have meaning to you. Capture scenes that will refresh your own memory of your experience and vacation. Use your camera to tell the story of your vacation. Whether it be the fireworks or parades or the castle.

I'm not always as good as I preach. I end up with way too many posed pictures and not enough candids.

But that's the must have --- The look of joy and excitement captured on your 3 year-olds face, during some Disney moment.

I have a picture from my first Disney trip -- My 2 kids walking hand in hand ahead of us towards the castle.

Disney 2011 best-79 by Havoc315, on Flickr

This is my own person must-have shot. Couldn't have planned it.

This photo is adorable! Nice work!

Its really beautifully clicked....:love:
I guess it is improved with photoshop :surfweb:

Thank you. At the time I did that a while ago, I had to learn to do it with PSP. Took me hours. Now that I kind if know what I'm doing, and using lightroom, I could probably do it in 60 seconds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter