Must Get Treats !!

Have fun, Courtney, Jasmine and Kaycee! You guys are going to meet up at the TOTP, aren't you? I hope so! I can't wait to see everybody's pictures in a few days! It was so hot yesterday and I was afraid it was going to be scorching when you guys go, but it is supposed to drastically cool down like it did for us last week.

You know, I'm a little bit disappointed that it is going to be so cool when we go, but it is DEFINITELY better than being scorching hot ! The only reason I would like it to be warmer is because TheAXIOM has never been on grizzly river run and I don't want to be freezing my butt off after the ride. Kaycee and I were talking on the phone (like we do EVERY DAY haha) and I was thinking we should go on that ride before we head back to the hotel, so we can change afterward ;)

I'm pretty excited about pictures because Kaycee is bringing her laptop so I can dump pictures on there and go take a million more !!!

You know, I'm a little bit disappointed that it is going to be so cool when we go, but it is DEFINITELY better than being scorching hot ! The only reason I would like it to be warmer is because TheAXIOM has never been on grizzly river run and I don't want to be freezing my butt off after the ride. Kaycee and I were talking on the phone (like we do EVERY DAY haha) and I was thinking we should go on that ride before we head back to the hotel, so we can change afterward ;)

I'm pretty excited about pictures because Kaycee is bringing her laptop so I can dump pictures on there and go take a million more !!!

The weather is very strange this year - even moreso than other Octobers! Last week, it did the same thing it is doing this week. There were a couple of 97-degree days, and then all of a sudden, by Friday, the temperature had dropped by about 12 degrees, and the following day it was in the '70s. Same thing this week. I mean, I was happy because I burn SO fast and get sick in the heat if it is too much for me. So when Saturday rolled around and it was nice and gloomy (but no rain!), I was pleased. It was more humid than it usually is in SoCal. But it definitely was not the weather where everyone would want to be running onto Grizzly River Rapids. My friend got wet on POTC and it took her butt a while to dry - she had a big water stain right on the seat of her jeans for a long time! Tee hee!

Anyway, I think your Grizzly plan sounds good - make sure to go on it right before you head back to the hotel so you can change. Or keep some clothes in one of the expensive Disney lockers!

Don't forget to look in the French Market for the gingerbread HMH house (or coffin - not sure which) and in Dept. 56 for the Halloween display!

Have a great time!

Don't forget to look in the French Market for the gingerbread HMH house (or coffin - not sure which) and in Dept. 56 for the Halloween display!

Have a great time!

I promise I'm DEFINITELY going to see them :) Thanks Sherry !

Wow, I have sure MISSED out on a lot of cocktail talking goin on !
I'm excited about going ! I'm leaving in like 7 hours to go to the airport!
Weeeee !

Wow, I have sure MISSED out on a lot of cocktail talking goin on !
I'm excited about going ! I'm leaving in like 7 hours to go to the airport!
Weeeee !

WOOO HOOO!

I'm in a class right now and all I can do is hang out here on the DIS :)

I promise I'm DEFINITELY going to see them :) Thanks Sherry !

Yes! It's an order!:goodvibes See those and get yourself on TSMM and you will become addicted. As good as Buzz Lightyear is, TSMM is 100 times better! In fact, I think the line for HMH was waaaaaaay worse than TSMM, and TSMM will probably be shorter during the TOTP because there won't be as many 'regular' guests in the park at that time. You will not miss much of the TOTP of you ride TSMM. A little of the TOTP goes a long way, as you will discover!!!

Again, you guys, have a wonderful time!!!!

Yes! It's an order!:goodvibes See those and get yourself on TSMM and you will become addicted. As good as Buzz Lightyear is, TSMM is 100 times better! In fact, I think the line for HMH was waaaaaaay worse than TSMM, and TSMM will probably be shorter during the TOTP because there won't be as many 'regular' guests in the park at that time. You will not miss much of the TOTP of you ride TSMM. A little of the TOTP goes a long way, as you will discover!!!

Again, you guys, have a wonderful time!!!!

Thanks again !!!

is HMH really bad ?? That would be scary. WeLLLL atleast the line goes fast :) I'm watching NBC right now to get me in the mood EVEN MOREE !! I've watched this movies like 10x this week haha ;)

Thanks again !!!

is HMH really bad ?? That would be scary. WeLLLL atleast the line goes fast :) I'm watching NBC right now to get me in the mood EVEN MOREE !! I've watched this movies like 10x this week haha ;)

When we went on HMH early on Saturday - I'd say maybe around 9:30 or 10:00-ish in the morning, the line was not bad at all. The line for POTC also was non-existent at that time and we walked onto POTC with NO wait two times in a row. HMH moves a little slower because they cannot hustle folks through the stretching room. Everyone is stopped there so the line stops for a few minutes every so often. But it was still not bad at all. When our other friend joined us later, we got in the HMH line again, just before 6 p.m., and it was longer than I had ever seen it. It said the wait was, I think, 45 or 50 minutes. It wound around in places I never knew were part of the HM line - that is how busy it was!!! So my advice would be go on HMH earlier in the day - like as soon as you have breakfast, head over to it! The TSMM line does move fast, though, because they load the ride quickly.

My list of treats is a little bit different this year because I want to try some new things.

Pumpkin fudge
Pumpkin muffin
Mickey rice krispie treat

Whats this HHM gingerbread coffin? I've seen people mention about the one in the ride and how you can smell the gingerbread but can you actually buy a small one to eat??? Where, where, where????

I'll skip the corndog castle this time. Upset my tummy last time and I really don't need all those calories.

My list of treats is a little bit different this year because I want to try some new things.

Pumpkin fudge
Pumpkin muffin
Mickey rice krispie treat

Whats this HHM gingerbread coffin? I've seen people mention about the one in the ride and how you can smell the gingerbread but can you actually buy a small one to eat??? Where, where, where????

I'll skip the corndog castle this time. Upset my tummy last time and I really don't need all those calories.

When I was at DLR this past weekend, we were chatting with a CM who was strolling down Main Street, making sure everyone was having a good time. I think her name was Jeri or Geri. She was filling us in on the new IASW with the added Disney characters, etc. and we got to talking about the HMH overlay, and I mentioned how the smell of gingerbread in the banquet scene was cool. She said, "You want me to let you in on a little known fact?" And then she proceeded - while being interrupted by many passersby asking her questions - to tell us that not only does the HMH display a different gingerbread house (in this case, a coffin for 2008) every year BUT that the French Market tries to have things or sell things that are HMH-related. So she said that, usually, the French Market will have a gingerbread house there - I ASSUME she meant for sale in miniature version, but maybe not. She may have meant just a model of the one in HMH that you can look at up close in French Market. I also do not know if she meant FM has a gingerbread model - mini or otherwise - of the coffin inside the ride or of the actual HMH house, but either way, it sounds cool. So that is what I know - there is some sort of HMH-related gingerbread piece inside the French Market, likely for sale.

So someone please check it out and get the scoop and tell us exactly what it is!

oh Sherry, your posts are always informational ! I will definitely check out the French Market !

oh Sherry, your posts are always informational ! I will definitely check out the French Market !

I have to do something on this board other than take up space and use up oxygen!!! Might as well spread some info! What I think would be cool - since we all already knew that the HMH gingerbread house changes every year - is if the French Market sold a mini version of whatever the house was in the ride every year, but I have a hunch it might just be a gingerbread HMH house in general and not the one IN the ride. Either way, I am dying for someone to find out for sure and get back to us on it!!!

P.S. I hope you and Wazowski like Tootsie Rolls - they give you LOTS of them at the TOTP! You also get M&Ms, Hershey miniatures and Hershey Kisses, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Nestle Crunch (mine were stale), Butterfinger, etc. But lots and lots of Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie Pops, Tootsie everything!

I have to do something on this board other than take up space and use up oxygen!!! Might as well spread some info! What I think would be cool - since we all already knew that the HMH gingerbread house changes every year - is if the French Market sold a mini version of whatever the house was in the ride every year, but I have a hunch it might just be a gingerbread HMH house in general and not the one IN the ride. Either way, I am dying for someone to find out for sure and get back to us on it!!!

P.S. I hope you and Wazowski like Tootsie Rolls - they give you LOTS of them at the TOTP! You also get M&Ms, Hershey miniatures and Hershey Kisses, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Nestle Crunch (mine were stale), Butterfinger, etc. But lots and lots of Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie Pops, Tootsie everything!

OOO I LOVE tootsie rolls :) & the pops !!! I like all the choices. I'm going to try and get some fruit leather though because I do like that a lot !

I'm missing out on the cocktail talk again !!

I LOVE reeses, i'm excited :goodvibes

I just want to be there.. NOW ! :)

I didn't want to break into the party, but Iboy do I wish we were popping down there this weekend! (We have a friend that we are helping with her wedding errands.) Your family really seems like you guys would be a blast to hang out with! I know you will have a lot of fun!

Looking forward to seeing your picks!

Also, to add to the thread, have you guys heard about the special carmel apple of the month? It looks like a Mickey Jack-O-Lantern! I think it's got Marshmallow Ears and is dipped and rolled in Orange Sugar . Someone posted a photo of it on AllEarsNet, but I can't find it now to reference it. They were all gone, by the time I could look for them Sunday.

Have fun!!!!

Sorry - This is not at ALL Disney-related, but it is treat-related. One of my freelance clients just told me about this website. I wanted you guys to see these absolutely adorable yoga cookies. They are TOO cute! Here is the link:

http://bakedideas.com/yogapeople.htm

Sorry - tThis is not at ALL Disney-related, but it is treat-related. One of my freelance clients just told me about this website. I wanted you guys to see these absolutely adorable yoga cookies. They are TOO cute! Here is the link:

http://bakedideas.com/yogapeople.htm

How cute! YogaMen ! :)
I want one :)
Thanks Sherry for sharing !

UPDATE ON MUST GET TREATS:
I know I posted this thread to get more ideas on what to get while we're at DL, but we didn't have enough time to get all the food stuff we wanted ! I only ate their corn dog. We still had a full list of treats to get too. Oh well, this will just have to continue into our next trip !

BTW -- the corn dog.. I can live without it. I know most of you LOVE them, but it was just too greasy for me. It made my tummy hurt after awhile :confused3

BTW -- the corn dog.. I can live without it. I know most of you LOVE them, but it was just too greasy for me. It made my tummy hurt after awhile :confused3

Uh-oh. That's a sure sign of aging! :scared1: Quick, have a Mickey Bar to coat the stomach before ingesting another!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter