Must.Find.Lotso!

AmberHeartsDisney

DIS Veteran
I am headed down to Disney is just a few short days and last time we went I missed the meet and greet with Lotso. I really dont want to miss it this time since he is getting the "axe" and other characters are moving in.

Can someone tell me where I can find the days/times?

I am headed down to Disney is just a few short days and last time we went I missed the meet and greet with Lotso. I really dont want to miss it this time since he is getting the "axe" and other characters are moving in.

Can someone tell me where I can find the days/times?

IN HS is where we found him this past March, back by Beauty and The Beast, etc. Heres my kids with him:

Photo0200FourBySix.jpg

Lotso was in the Animation Building, which is behind the hat (sort of), near the playhouse Disney stuff. I believe Lotso is now gone or getting ready to leave his area in the Animation Building. They are putting another Pooh meet and greet area there, which opens on or around May 16th. So I think Lotso is gone from there and now only available in the Countdown to Fun parade..not as a meetable character anymore. I am glad I saw him twice on my last trip. I am in the minority..i LOVE Lotso Huggin' Bear.

I am hoping Lotso becomes a "pop-up" character during the "chaacter Palooza's" at the animation building on non dfantasmic nights.

information found at the character website in my signiture.

If you're going to be there next weekend, I think Lotso is supposed to be at Epcot as part of the Pixar Character Weekend for Flower & Garden. Otherwise, I believe his last day as a regular m&g character was the end of last week.

If you're going to be there next weekend, I think Lotso is supposed to be at Epcot as part of the Pixar Character Weekend for Flower & Garden. Otherwise, I believe his last day as a regular m&g character was the end of last week.

:eek: no it cant be true :( Im so sad :headache: I hope i get to see him someplace!

Lotso was in the Animation Building, which is behind the hat (sort of), near the playhouse Disney stuff. I believe Lotso is now gone or getting ready to leave his area in the Animation Building. They are putting another Pooh meet and greet area there, which opens on or around May 16th. So I think Lotso is gone from there and now only available in the Countdown to Fun parade..not as a meetable character anymore. I am glad I saw him twice on my last trip. I am in the minority..i LOVE Lotso Huggin' Bear.

I am hoping Lotso becomes a "pop-up" character during the "chaacter Palooza's" at the animation building on non dfantasmic nights.

information found at the character website in my signiture.

I love lotso too :(

Sorry, folks. Lotso has been retired from normal meet and greet activities. He may be at the Pixar weekend, as mentioned, and he will appear in the Hollywood Studios parade, but unless something changes - or you hit a magical moment - you won't find him for pics or autographs any more.

Check the character finder in my sig for data on where others have recently met WDW characters.

Sorry, folks. Lotso has been retired from normal meet and greet activities. He may be at the Pixar weekend, as mentioned, and he will appear in the Hollywood Studios parade, but unless something changes - or you hit a magical moment - you won't find him for pics or autographs any more.

Check the character finder in my sig for data on where others have recently met WDW characters.

:confused3 I just dont get it, why didnt he wait for me :(

I don't get why they don't just put Lotso in Pixar Place with Wood and Buzz. They have the meet and greet area for the two of them. Why not have Lotso interchange with them? I know sometimes it's just woody or just buzz or both woody and buzz, why not have Lotso interjected into that

My DD9 wanted to meet Lotso because she wanted to give a message from her Toy Story 3 pals...a (fake) punch! But when she got up to him, he was so big and soft and cuddly, she couldn't help but melt in his arms hugging him, lol. He was cute to meet and the queue area was adorable as well. We hope Pooh sticks around until January when we go, my DD13 is a huge Pooh fan and can't wait to see what they set up~

:confused3 I just dont get it, why didnt he wait for me :(

I think he did. Lotso should be appearing May 13-15 at the Pixar weekend at EPCOT. Lotso was already the rarest character appearing at WDW as he does not perform M&G at any of the other 4 parks worldwide.

None of the other Animation Building former residents have ever stuck around to be part of the Fantasmic 5pm sets, so I do not see this happening.

If you miss him next weekend, I would expect to never see him again, so if you want to see him, make your way over.

great pic! thanks for posting. :)

I think my son (just turned five) might get us kicked out of the park if he met Lotso. Out of the blue today, he mentioned how much he hated him and thought the garbage truck should have run over him!

i saw him once in Sept and then in our Nove trip I saw him twice in one day...I was afraid he would be going away before I made it back......I LOVE LOTSO HUGGIN BEAR!!!!! It's nice to hear a few others do to.

Lotso got "lotso" loud BOO's at him in the parade when we were last there... I would be amazed if he didn't develop a complex over it. :rotfl2:

i saw him once in Sept and then in our Nove trip I saw him twice in one day...I was afraid he would be going away before I made it back......I LOVE LOTSO HUGGIN BEAR!!!!! It's nice to hear a few others do to.
When we met him last summer, he was very warm and huggy, quite opposite from his character in the movie. We loved him though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter