4. Look at the ocean
5. Swim in ocean
6. Return to chair
7. Repeat steps 2-6

Love!
With my DS we add:
5a: few trips down waterslide
6a: sandcastle construction

Also lunch is thrown in there somewhere:)

DreamGirl90 said:
What is a motorized lounger? Does DCL call it by some other name?

I dont know they were new last year we went over ti rent the paddle boat thing, you know the one you sit in and paddle with your feet. But the guy said why dont you rent a lounger that costs a few dollars more and you wont be tired doing it.

I looked through my pics but dont have one of the chair. But its white big enough for 2 people like an extra wide lounge chair that floats and has a tiny motor in the back. It doesnt go really fast but we were able to go all the way out to the rock wall and back taking our time within our 30 mins.

It was a great DH and I alone time treat.

Do the jetski/waverunner rental. AMAZING.
We did it on our double dip last month...my husband said if he woudl have known how great it was, we would have done it both days! (we did it on our second day in the late afternoon).

Two HUGE thumbs up for it!!!! AMAZING

Is this done as individuals or with a group of people? :confused3

We've been parasailing on Castaway. Really worth the money!! They take you out in the ocean beyond the rock wall. They ask you if you wish to be dipped. I only wanted to be dipped up to my knees because I took our movie camera and also our digital camera up with me for the ride. It was really fun. I took movies and photos of our entire flight. I was able to get great shots of the island and the ship from above. Would I do it again?? In a heat beat!! I love it so much, I have done it in Hawaii twice and at Castaway once. I will be doing it again at Castaway in November :):) I think it was roughly $85.00 a person

We also have done the glass bottom boat excursion. It was ok. They pick you up at the pier behind the ship and take you out around the exterior of the island to a shallow area and they give you dried oatmeal in a cup to feed the reef fish with. I would rate it about a 5 on a scale of 1-10. The boat was rather crowded with people and not very comfortable to just sit down on. There is a observation area in the center of the boat in which you can see beneath the boat at all the fish or coral. I believe this excursion was between 35-40 dollars a person. Would I do it again?? Probably not. Is it good for kids?? For sure! The kids would love it.

We have also rented tubes on Castaway. This was fun :) We enjoyed floating around on the family beach and relaxing on the beach in beach chairs. I think it cost us about $6.00 for the entire day rental. Really worth the money.

I dont know they were new last year we went over ti rent the paddle boat thing, you know the one you sit in and paddle with your feet. But the guy said why dont you rent a lounger that costs a few dollars more and you wont be tired doing it.

I looked through my pics but dont have one of the chair. But its white big enough for 2 people like an extra wide lounge chair that floats and has a tiny motor in the back. It doesnt go really fast but we were able to go all the way out to the rock wall and back taking our time within our 30 mins.

It was a great DH and I alone time treat.
That sounds great! We were there in May this year but didn't notice any "motorized loungers," probably because we stuck to the adult beach. We'll have to check that out next year. :)

Is this done as individuals or with a group of people? :confused3

The jetski excursion is done as a group - it's called an eco tou. DH & DD did it last year and really like it. They went to a couple of islands out past SB and DH said they were probably a couple miles away from CC.

OP, please don't over schedule, really just relax and enjoy this magical place. Maybe one excursion, we have done the parasailing when we went on our 2nd cruise without the kids. , it was fantastic. My DH wants to do this with the kids, I told him to go ahead, I won't be joining him. I want to just totally relax. This place is heaven on earth.

Here's my "must-do" list for CC:

1. Find a chair on beach
2. Put behind in said chair
3. Order a fruity beverage
4. Look at the ocean
5. Swim in ocean
6. Return to chair
7. Repeat steps 2-6

Hey, wow! We have the same must-do list!!!! :lmao:

Here's my "must-do" list for CC:

1. Find a chair on beach
2. Put behind in said chair
3. Order a fruity beverage
4. Look at the ocean
5. Swim in ocean
6. Return to chair
7. Repeat steps 2-6

LOL!!:lmao:

My must do is the 5K, which I run:yay: Then I do the above listed:beach:

OP, please don't over schedule, really just relax and enjoy this magical place. Maybe one excursion, we have done the parasailing when we went on our 2nd cruise without the kids. , it was fantastic. My DH wants to do this with the kids, I told him to go ahead, I won't be joining him. I want to just totally relax. This place is heaven on earth.

The parasailing sounds fun, maybe we will do that. But yeah I think your right, we should maybe just do 1 and then just relax and enjoy the island :beach:

Can the parasailing be done tandem? My DS11 would LOVE that!! I would be a nervous wreck letting him go up alone, though!!!

Can the parasailing be done tandem?

Yes. from DCL site

Additional Information

Minimum weight 90 lbs., maximum weight 375 lbs.
Single rides are not guaranteed. At the Captain's discretion, Guests may be required to fly tandem depending on weather conditions. For safety reasons, the Captain's decision is final.
For Guests wishing to ride tandem, the combined weight cannot exceed 375 lbs.

DS and DH are parasailing together. Will someone Be on the boat to take pics with our camera or will I be able to see them from somewhere on CC so I can take pics?

Other passengers on the parasail boat will likey help with photos, they would like some too. You may be able to see them from the island, but unless you have a telescope you will unlikely be able to identify who is actually sailing.

We have done the snorkeling, bicycle rental... that was fun, girls para sailed... loved it, rent tubes!!! Relax and get a Konc Cooler!!

Bear3412 said:
Other passengers on the parasail boat will likey help with photos, they would like some too. You may be able to see them from the island, but unless you have a telescope you will unlikely be able to identify who is actually sailing.

If you walk to the very end of the dock towards the ocean you can get some great pics of the para sailing...and ask someone to take pics on the boat with your camera!

We love:

-Napping in a hammock on Serenity Bay
-Eating lots of BBQ at Serenity Bay
-Drinking Konk Coolers on a floatie in Serenity Bay
-Couples' massage in a cabana at Serenity Bay
-OK, pretty much everything at Serenity Bay

Also:

-Renting bikes and going up to the observation tower
-Snorkeling at the family beach early in the morning before it gets crowded
-Pelican Point water slides (DH liked these better than the Aquduck! The enclosed dark slide is FAST)
-Note: You do not have to sign up to rent any equipment in advance. There are ample bikes, tubes, float rafts, and snorkel gear available on the island by walk-up and the price is the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter