MUST DO's for each resort!

AlohaPolynesian

DIS Veteran
Hey all! I thought this would be a good question for two reasons. One: Helping me decide what resort to stay at and what I need to do when I stay there. Two: Knowing what fun things we can explore at each hotel since my mom does not want to do a lot of park time.

Thanks in advance!

Go see Piano Bob at the POR lounge.

Grand Tea at the Grand Floridian. A wonderful way to spend the afternoon.

Eat at BOMA at the AKL.

Our DS9 loves to play "Hide the Stitch" at Everything POP in POP Century. The CMs hide a stuffed animal of Stitch and kiddos look all around finding it. If you find it you get to pick something from a treasure chest. :thumbsup2

My brother likes the storyteller they have in the evening at AKL and then go to look at the animals on the savannah. He also told me not to miss the restaurant tour with Jiko/Boma at AKL b/c you get to try some of the treats from the restaurants. I'm really looking forward to do all of these later this year.

A fun thing we like to do is go to WL and sit in the rockers in front of the big fireplace or just get a nice seat and stare out the window. It's really peaceful there.

Our DS9 loves to play "Hide the Stitch" at Everything POP in POP Century. The CMs hide a stuffed animal of Stitch and kiddos look all around finding it. If you find it you get to pick something from a treasure chest. :thumbsup2

oh, that is cool! do you know if that's posted on the POP thread? thanks for sharing! :)

Go see Piano Bob at the POR lounge.

Grand Tea at the Grand Floridian. A wonderful way to spend the afternoon.

Eat at BOMA at the AKL.

ooooh, tell me about Boma! We have reservations and I am excited about the possibilities.

At Poly-sit on the beach, get Dole Whips, have Tonga Toast
AT GF-watch fireworks from dock, sit in lobby-ride monorail to CR, Narcoose's
At WL-search for Hidden Mickeys,find a secret little place to sit-above the entrance there are a few places w/fireplaces, kids love watching the old cartoons from Disney on lobby tv, watch geyser erupt, take ferry to MK or CR
At Contemporary-watch fireworks from CG, ride monorail

At SSR Take the boat to DTD, swim in the pool across from DTD at night-very peaceful-nice view

At POR walk to french qtr for Binet's, Piano Joe, love the food court here-pasta special and apple pie are our favs.

AT Boardwalk-slide, walk to EPCOT, hang out on Boardwalk and play the games, watch "street performers"

At Beach/Yacht-stormalong bay-especially at night, movies on the beach,

I stay at POR, but do a great deal of resort hopping - I go during the holidays.

POR - seeing piano bob in the lounge, and riding the four-person cycle around the resort. Sitting on the bench in the marina people watching or taking the water taxi to DTD every night.

WL - putting back a few glasses of wine and snacks at the bar, and then walking around the pool after dark.

BW - getting an ice cream and sitting on the benches over looking the water. I remember this, so when I am home a few weeks later shoveling snow to get to work, I can remember only a few weeks before, I was sitting out on the boardwalk in shorts, eating ice cream.

GF - sitting in the lounge listening to the piano player; watching the kids greeting Miss Rose Petal before going into tea. Doing the loop on the monorail.

And seeing all the wonderful Christmas decorations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter