• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must Do's - Counter Services

Albytaps

Mickey's Biggest Fan
Hey all. I'm pretty excited that we don't have any TS reservations this year and are only doing CS's. I enjoy the simplicity of it but I do want to get the most out of it. So, as part of my DDP which CS's should I not miss?

The ones I have done and really enjoy are:

MK
-Starlight Cafe
-Pecos Bill
-Pinnochio's
-Columbia Harbor House

Epcot
-Yakitori House
-La Cantina de San Angel
-Sunshine Seasons

AK
-Flame Tree Barbecue

DHS
-Pizza Planet
-Backlot

So those are the one's I'm familiar with (although I haven't been to Mexico since the upgrade) but I really want to try some others such as:

-Tangierine Cafe
-Yorkshire County Fish and Chips (I hear that's on the DDP now :goodvibes )
-Kringla Bakeri og Cafe

I'm trying to vary the food we get instead of burgers and fries all the time, although we do enjoy burgers and fries :laughing:

Pizza is not that exciting but Pizza Planet is an exception since it's a cool place for us.

So, what are your favorite Counter Service restaurants in WDW? What must you have every time you visit?

Cap'n Jacks at the poly! Tonga toast for Breakfast; Aloha Pork Sandwich and Dole whip for lunch! (Meat is the same as the luau)

DTD- Wolfgang Puck Express

TL-Typhoon Tilly's Pulled Pork Sandwich

AK-Y&YCS, and Flame Tree BBQ

DHS-Catalina Eddie's Hot Italian Sandwich

MK- Peco's Bill or Main Street Bakery (technically not a CS but it is so good) (but I want to do the new taco place over at Pirates)

AK-Yak and Yeti CS (trying Flame Tree in Nov.)

EP- Since La Cava del Tequila isn't considered CS (why oh why- the guac is too good with a frosty margarita), it is Tangerine for me, Liberty House for DH (we have eaten at every single place except the new CS in Mexico because it was waaaay too crowded in April)

HS-Starring Rolls (again, not really CS, but the sandwiches are crazy good)- always a must for us...haven't missed a visit there yet since we started going...love it

DTD- Earl of Sandwich is good- don't eat too much at the DTD locations except for Rainforest...

Have a great trip! Happy eating!

Y&Y, I like the Honey Shrimp, but think someone said that was gone. We have liked just about everything there, cute takeout containers, and we always share a meal.

Y&Y, I like the Honey Shrimp, but think someone said that was gone. We have liked just about everything there, cute takeout containers, and we always share a meal.

Here is what I found on the menu of entrees for Y&Y:

Honey Chicken $9.99
Sweet and Sour Chicken $9.99
Orange Beef $10.99
Asian Chicken Sandwich $9.99
Mandarin Chicken Salad $8.99

Hmm and Catalina Eddie's sounds interesting... I must try new things :thumbsup2

have most of our regulars either in your known or want tos. A couple of others:

Sommerfest in Epcot for a brat, Studio Catering in DHS and Pizzafari in AKL for the antipasto salad

have most of our regulars either in your known or want tos. A couple of others:

Sommerfest in Epcot for a brat, Studio Catering in DHS and Pizzafari in AKL for the antipasto salad

I'll have to try the antipasto salad next time I go.

Personally, I would make a point of getting a Turkey Leg and a Dole Whip!
:love:

Dole whip for sure! I've had my fair share of Turkey legs but the magic has worn out there :sad1:

However, my favorite "snack" in MK is the Orange Pineapple smoothie from Auntie Gravity's in Tomorrowland.

There will be plenty of snacks in EP to try with F&W festival, however I'll have to use the meal tickets too.

Does France and Italy have CS meals?

At Yak and Yeti I had this on a snack credit in April 2011. It was great - just enough to tide me over from a QS breakfast to a QS dinner. Very impressed!

DSC01293.jpg

EPCOT
-Sunshine Season - Roasted Beet Salad 3/ goat cheese
-Norway - Kringla Bakery Cafe- Open faced Salmon & Egg or the Club
-France - Boulangerie Patisserie - Ham and cheese on a baguette or the cheese plate
-Morocco - Tangerine Cafe - Schwarma Platter or Falafel Sandwich

MK
- Casey's Corner - Little corn dog bites

DHS
- Starring Rolls - Ham sandwich (This place runs out early, it's one of the few decent QS)

At Yak and Yeti I had this on a snack credit in April 2011. It was great - just enough to tide me over from a QS breakfast to a QS dinner. Very impressed!

DSC01293.jpg

What is that? It looks more like a spring roll than an egg roll but there's only egg rolls on the menu.

The bakery in France has awesome sandwiches.
Yorkshire is a must for us too!! yummy
I think you said all the ones we've tried.
Have fun!!

(MK) Pecos Bills - Love their pork sandwich, and I'm not even much of a fan of pork. love their condiment bar. There's so many options that you can even make yourself a mini-side salad. Also the portions are so large that you can split it between 2 people and stretch out those CS dining credits, which allows you to try many different CS throughout your stay.
(Epcot - France) Boulangerie Patisserie - I want one of everything please!
(AK) Flame Tree Bbq .. love their beef sandwich and again it's big enough for 2 people to split.
(HS) Writers Stop - Great pastries but even better ...REAL COFFEE!!!
(MK - Liberty Square) Sleepy Hollow - Funnel cakes ... need I say more?!
(POP resort) - Chicken penne alfredo. I save room for this at least once a trip. It's that good!

I've tried others but nothing is coming to mind as "memorable". There's still more to try on the next trip though :goodvibes

tonya.

What is that? It looks more like a spring roll than an egg roll but there's only egg rolls on the menu.

My notes say Pork Egg Roll. This was also in April; I don't know how often they change up their menu, but I know it happens.

I also had a Yak Attack (mango slush, bacardi rum, wildberry flavour) with it - hands down best frozen slushie drink I've ever had! Of course, that's OOP and not DDP ;)

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons & Electric Umbrella.

Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary & Backlot Express.

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ & Pizzafari.

Downtown Disney Marketplace: Earl of Sandwich.

Contemporary: Contempo Cafe.

Boardwalk Inn/Villas: Boardwalk Bakery, Boardwalk Pizza Window & Boardwalk To Go.

MK: Cosmic Ray's (I really enjoyed their turkey sandwich) & Columbia Harbor House

EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons is our favorite, but the Tangierine Cafe is a VERY VERY close second. I also like the nachos at La Cantina de San Angel.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ. In fact, we like it so much we've never tried any other counter service at AK, lol.

DHS: I guess Pizza Planet. We've eaten there several times and have always had fairly decent meals. I did NOT like the ABC Commissary...yuck. I hear the sandwiches at Starring Rolls are good, but my eyes wouldn't move beyond the cupcakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter