Must Do's at Christmas time

louey

DIS Veteran
Can anyone let me know some of the things we should try not miss while at Disney during Christmas :santa: . I am just curious what shows, parades, etc..... are really good. Thanks for any help.

Be sure to see the Osbourne Lights at MGM. It also snows on New York Street. The bridge leading into WS at Epcot is lit up and is very beautiful. If you can't get into the theater to see the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, you can still see and hear them since it's an outdoor theater. Beautiful program. We also like to hear the Santa stories in each country. Each country has a traditional Santa from their country. There are so many things to do a Christmas time.

You have to try the ICE exhibit at the Gaylord Palms Resort. Its a great experience and its not that far from Disney. Maybe grab lunch or dinner while you are there :wizard:

The full-sized gingerbread store in the Grand Floridian. There is also one at the American Paviliion in EPCOT, but I think the GF one is better. We bought a treat, sat down, and listed to a bell choir perform. It was great.

Don't know what ages your travel group is but dd and I went last year in Dec and I would do Candlelight Processional with a dinner package again. She was 6 then and had no problem sitting thru it and being behaved. MVMCP was also loads of fun. snow on Main Street hot chocolate and cookies plus the special shows and fireworks. Osbourne Lights as mentioned before. We also did the storytellers at EPCOT several of them had children participate in the stories. Resort hop to see the different decorations. Have a great time wish it were me!

:drinking1 Hot chocolate with peppermint liquer at Contempory coffee bar near checkin and the drink called poinsetta, I forgot the special one at YC name but they get you in the mood for resort hopping to see decorations. We also really love the Dept 56 villlage and train at YC, if you collect any village sets you have GOT to see this display and do NOT miss the display and garland ornament decorations at Boardwalk. If you get cold you can sit by their nice toasty fireplace, and just take it all in!
Have a great time everybody...see you there... my favorite time at
WDW. :santa:

PS I would not suggest you order the reindeer (venison) for dinner on Xmas Eve , my son did and got chocolate covered reindeer droppings from Rudolf in his stocking. :rotfl2: Try something else traditional at Akershus or other restaurants at WS after Santa storytelling.

Thanks for the suggestions, just wondering is there anything else? I do know from what I have read is that, patience will be a must because of the crowds :)

Be sure to see the Jingle Jangle Parade starting Dec.1 at Animal Kingdom, pictures with Santa at Downtown Disney, and of course Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
Check out the Judges tent in Toontown and use Photo pass for great holidays photos of the kids with Mickey dressed in his holiday finest.

And for a great family holiday meal with characters try Liberty Tree Tavern.

I've asked this question on a previous thread, but never got a response. We're going to the world for christmas this year, first trip to DW. Is the candelight processional very religious? I can't seem to get a good description of it from anyone. Thanks a bunch. :thumbsup2

No offense here, but yes it is religious. My DBF, who is not terribly religious by any means, loves it however! It tells the classic Christmas story, with some of the most moving music ever! Songs include (I think) Silent Night, Halleliuah (sp?) CHorus, and similar others. In between songs, the featured narrator will narrate the story of Jesus' birth. I truly think it';s wonderful, and to be enjoyed by people both very religious and not. Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions, I have seen it several times now :goodvibes

Thanks very much for that, that's all I wanted to know. Couldn't seem to get a decent response out of anyone. :confused3

We'll be there the 22-28 and we've already made candelight processional dinner package reservations. We'll also be doing MVMCP, osbourne lights, parades, etc. My schedule is getting to crowded, so I was looking for one to cancel and do on a "if we have time" basis.

I have no problem with anyone, religious or not, they just tend to be vauge in the WDW official descriptions.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter