Must-do restaurants

Mikey_B

Mouseketeer
I've just booked my first trip on site at WDW staying at Saratoga Springs next April/May for 10 nights with the DDP. Next step is to book ADRs for the popular restaurants!

I'd appreciate any advice on the best places to eat that I really need to experience. I'm going with my girlfriend with no kids and am more interested in the food than character dining. Does anyone have any advice on where I should go? I don't mind visiting a signature restaurant or two using more tokens and spending cash on other nights.

Thanks in advance.

For the signatures, Flying Fish, Citricos, and Jiko are my top 3 picks. Artists Point is also good.

For other spots, I like Sanaa, Teppan Edo, Tusker House, the Sushi Bar at Kona at the Polynesian resort, Kouzzina; and 'Ohana can be a fun experience, but I've had mixed luck (66% to the good, though).

For counter service: Captain Cook's at the Poly, Tangierine Café in the Morocco Pavilion at Epcot, Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, and Columbia Harbor House in the Magic Kingdom are all good spots, along with Flame Tree BBQ at AK.

Must try places for good food are:
1- Ohana dinner (at the Poly)
2- Jiko dinner (signature at AKL) or Boma dinner (buffet at AKL)
3- Yak and Yeti (lunch or dinner at AK)
4- Le Cellier (signature at Canada in Epcot...was more worth it when it was just 1 credit and not signature)

Other fun places to try with fantastic atmosphere, but food is OK:
1- Sci-FI (at HS)
2- San Angel Inn (at Mexico in Epcot)
3- Biergarten dinner (buffet at Germany in Epcot...been 3 times and food was great twice and so-so once)
4- Hoop De Doo or the Luau (2 credits but you get adult beverages and a show)
5- Whispering Canyon (at Wilderness Lodge...comfort food like bottomless milkshakes, ribs, etc)

Boatwright's at POR was very good (was our 1st TS at WDW 8 years ago...haven't been since but we keep trying to fit it in...just never works into our schedule).
Coral Reef at Epcot...same as above (did it the same trip as Boatwright's and not since. It was really good and cool atmosphere).
There are still many places we haven't done yet as well.

For Counter Service, we always like to go to: Tangierine Cafe (Morocco in Epcot), Earl of Sandwich (at Downtown Dis) and Wolfgang Puck Express (at Downtown Dis). Flame Tree at AK is good too, but we now do Yak and Yeti TS for lunch when we go to AK.

My restaurant must dos are:

1. Toyko Dining
2. Via Napoli
3. Yak and Yeti
4. Yachtsman Steakhouse
5. Rose and Crown

Now I am hungry! :rotfl2:

Have a great vacation.

Ohana (Polynesian)- Excellent.
Tusker House (Animal Kingdom) - buffet - it is excellent.
Via Napoli (Italy)- Excellent Pizza
50s Prime Time (HS)
Grand Floridian Cafe (Grand Floridian)
Hoop Dee Doo

These are our favorite table service restaurants.

Enjoy your trip!

Le Cellier is our fave without a doubt!! We also love Via Napoli and Tusker House was pretty good for a buffet.

You will get so many likes and dislikes, but since you are staying next to the big , and wonderful! Downtown area I think most agree that Raglan Road is great.
We stay at Beach Club and always make a special trip over just to eat there.

Have a great time!! :goodvibes

No particular order
Ohana dinner
Raglan Rd
Kona breakfast or lunch
Boma
Olivias any meal
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch or dinner
Biergarten
San Angel Inn
Rose and Crown
Nine Dragons
50s PTC
Mama Melrose
Via Napoli

While there are some wonderful restaurants there, there is only 1 I personally feel is a must do and that's Citricos. It's wonderful. Runners up would be Olivia's, Tangerine Cafe and California Grill.

My DH and mine must dos:

1. 'Ohana
2. Tusker House (breakfast)
3. Le Cellier (if you're wanting a 2 TS)
4. Whispering Canyon

For experience and atmosphere, I like the Cinderella's Castle. If you are just going for the food, then I wouldn't suggest it. But we had to go last time because the hubs had never been in the castle :goodvibes

Ones I've heard great things and now are my must tries:

1. Captain's Grille
2. California Grill (unfortunately this will still be under refurb when I'm there)
3. Grand Floridian Cafe

Happy eating!! :)

Love CR, Chefs, Kona. If you decide to pay OOP a few times to enjoy signatures and staying at SSR. I would suggest DTD. Easy to get to and from resort and lots of good choices. We like to have apps and drinks for dinner sometimes and RFC, T-Rex are great for that. RR and Paradiso are great too. We even like Capt Jacks, although most don't. But I am very picky and I like the food. Pretty simple and good. You could even try WPE. Cs but more like a sit down and good food. :)

must do's:
via napoli. tutto italia. cali grill. chefs/france. crystal palace bfast (lunch/dinner good too). tusker bfast. wgpe. Also scifi.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

My restaurant must-do's:
-Raglan Road DTD
-Via Napoli Italy pavilion in Epcot
-Kona Cafe PR
-The Hollywood Brown Derby DHS
-Artist Point WL
-Citricos GF

I've hit all but 5 WDW restaurants and my choices for a first visit for adults with good food using dining plan would be:

1 credit:

Sanaa (for AK Day)
Turf Club (at SSR)
Biergarten (Epcot Day)
Paradiso 37 (DTD)

Out of Pocket
Brown Derby (DHS Day-Fantasmic Pkg)

2 credits

Ca Grill (MK Day)

Counter service choices:

Tangierine Cafe (Epcot)
Columbia Harbor House (MK)
Flame Tree BBQ (AK)
Wolfgang Puck Express (DTD)

EPCOT-Le Cellier's is a great signature place place, but if you're a fan of some entertaining hibachi and tasty food, Teppan Edo is AMAZING! A lot of people complain about the portion size decreasing, but in my opinion there was so much food when I went in May that I don't know if I'd be able to finish anymore!

DHS-Sci-Fi Dining has a pretty cool atmosphere, but if you're looking more for amazing food over atmosphere, I fell in love with the Hollywood Brown Derby. Maybe you could even reserve to eat with an Imagineer. It's a fascinating experience that presents a great opportunity to learn so much about Disney. Mama Melrose is also a good choice if you like Italian food.

AK-The Yak & Yeti is a great place for a pan Asian experience. Even if you have picky eaters in your family, you can get some basic Chinese food. If you like trying new things, you have to go here!

Sorry I don't have one for Magic Kingdom. I would definitely suggest Cinderella's Royal Table if you change your mind about the character dining. The princesses make everyone blush!

Hope you love whatever you end up choosing. In Disney you're bound to have great food considering all the food is seasoned with some pixie dust. ;)

From this past trip last month, my must do's:

TS
Boma
Garden Grill

CS:
WPE
Contempo Cafe

Signatures:
-Flying Fish
-California Grill
-Citricos
-Artist Point

1 Credit TS:
-Tokyo Dining
-Les Chefs de France
-Crystal Palace breakfast (does have characters, but we love the breakfast buffet here)
-Boma breakfast (haven't done dinner yet, doing it this trip!)

CS:
-Columbia Harbour House in MK for tuna sandwich and fried basket
-Pecos Bill's in MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter