Must do Character Meals

We haven't done all character meals yet, but Crystal Palace is our favorites to date, it has turned into a must-do for us. The food is average, but the characters and the atmosphere are very nice. Last trip we did 1900 Park Fare and we were very disappointed. The step sisters and Lady Tremaine were the only good things we found there, but not worth a second trip (for us). The whole atmosphere at 1900 Park Fare seemed a bit stuffy to us. Next on the agenda, CRT to eat in the castle. I passed on CRT for 1900 to save 1 TS credit and probably should not have.

It really depends on what characters you are hoping to see!

This year we are doing CRT and Garden Grill. That way my girls can see both the princesses and Mickey.

I think all girls need to eat in the castle at least once in their lives, and that's this trip for us. But otherwise, to see the princesses, I recommend Akershus. It is GREAT and a less expensive way to meet all their favorites, plus a picture is included in the price.

Chef Mickey's is popular, but we prefer the atmosphere and food at Garden Grill, so we always go there.

If your kids like Disney Junior, then Hollywood & Vine for breakfast is great. If they like Pooh, then Crystal Palace.

I think a must do is a pre-park opening breakfast at either Crystal Palace or CRT. The Main Street pictures you can get are fabulous!

My favorites are Garden Grill and Hollywood and Vine.

Both have the best food, I think, they seem less crowded then others, and the character interaction at both has been great (if you like those characters).

Ohana at the Poly with Mickey Pluto Stich and Lilo we have love the breakfast it is soooo good (and we are not big breakfast people). Great character interaction price is one of the best. We have also done Crystal Palace for lunch it was good but we definitely prefer Ohana.

We've changed our character dining over the years. DD is nearly 11 and isn't as in to princesses. We used to do CRT or Akershus every single trip, but no longer. Now we stick to Crystal Palace and Tusker House for breakfast. We're trying Cape May for our upcoming trip since staying at the Beach Club. It will be a new experience for us.

I love character breakfasts! They really starts your day off in an extra special way. My favorites are Tusker House, 'Ohana and Hollywood and Vine Disney Jr Play and Dine (mostly because the character interaction is so fun)

We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast! And our little princess really enjoys CRT breakfast too. We ate at the Crystal Palace for dinner in 2010 and found the food to be sub-par, but maybe other times are better.

On our August trip we really enjoyed Hollywood and Vine Breakfast, Tusker House Lunch, and Cinderella's Breakfast.

We are on the QSDP for 2 weeks we are there.
But will be paying OP for
Garden Grill my favorite
Crystal Palace dh favorite
I'm trying to come up with another for the girls. But. They only requested a Breakfest and t-Rex.

We really liked Tusker House lunch. We also did Crystal Palace lunch last trip and it was pretty meh. I'm considering Crystal Palace breakfast this time but only because I want to get into the park before opening.

Our favorite is Hollywood and Vine because they're the characters that are on tv all the time and they spend a ton of time playing with the kids. My kids beg to go back there year after year.

My DS (Mickey fan) said his favorite meal was at Chef Mickey's. We loved the character interaction and the food wasn't bad. My DD LOVED dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table and meeting all her favorite princesses. I also thought the Garden Grill had great character interaction.

We are a bit of a character meal family (me, wife, son 8, daughter 6, daughter 4) and all of us have our own favorites:

All
Breakfast at the Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom, this has become an every visit tradition for us.

Son
Chef Mickeys for dinner, i think its the dessert bar that wins him over
Cinderella's Royal Table (he loves it even more than his sisters)

Daughters
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway at Epcot

Akershus for breakfast (Norwegian food at lunch and dinner and I don't really like that... but if you do, its probably great then too) They do a Princess procession where all the kids get to get up and parade with the princesses around the restaurant.

We did 1900 Park Fare for both breakfast and Dinner last time we went and we are only going back for breakfast our next trip because Alice is one of my daughter's faves.

We did Garden Grill last time and had FANTASTIC character interaction. I'm a picky eater though and didn't like most of the food brought to us so we're trying Coral Reef this trip (not a character meal)

Chef Mickey's had decent food and decent interaction.

We're going to try Crystal Palace this upcoming trip also because I've read great things about it.

O'hana's was my favorite meal I had at Disney but haven't been to the character breakfast. I may have to try to squeeze it in, we've already got a trip planned for dinner!

Hope this helps some! Honestly I'd google the reviews of each restaurant you're interested in. you can find the menus online and many people have left reviews of what they think of the characters. I had read great things about 1900 Park Fare so I was disappointed in our experience. At breakfast we had to wait quite awhile after our check to see the last character because they skipped us the first time they were coming around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter