Music Selection

rebecca_boo

Mouseketeer
After lurking here for a few weeks I decided I would finally start asking the billion questions I have.

I was wondering what your music selections were, I am just having a violin, and am hoping to have disney songs and was just curious what everyone else picked.

Good plan. Grr I need to go to bed but song selection is killing me especially the recessional. :headache:

We chose all Disney songs for our Escape wedding. I let DF pick the cake and the music selections. The only song I said I really wanted was for me to walk down the aisle to Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty. Other than that, it was his choice. He went with A Whole New World for the bridal party entrance (though we don't have a bridal party!), The Micky Mouse March for the Recessional (though the Electric Light Parade was also in the running), and Can You Feel the Love Tonight for our first dance.

I think we chose just a selection of Disney songs for the cake/champagne celebration.

Our wedding isn't for another 3 months, so I can't report on how it went, but I hope it at least gives you some ideas. We wanted to pick songs that were meaningful to us and would also sound nice on a violin.

That sleeping beauty song is a good choice :) How nice of you to let your DF decide. I am trying to decide between A Whole New World and Beauty and the Beast for walking down the aisle. I know that for the bridal party I am going to do when you wish upon a star...so many choices lol, well not that many, but two choices give me a hard time haha.

That sleeping beauty song is a good choice :) How nice of you to let your DF decide. I am trying to decide between A Whole New World and Beauty and the Beast for walking down the aisle. I know that for the bridal party I am going to do when you wish upon a star...so many choices lol, well not that many, but two choices give me a hard time haha.

I think Beauty and the Beast is a great idea! Can you imagine walking down the aisle to the instrumental of that song? :lovestruc

Once Upon a Dream is a great choice too!

I would think Bella Note would be cute for during a reception!

I am trying to decide between A Whole New World and Beauty and the Beast for walking down the aisle.

I wanted to do A Whole New World, but DF is Middle Eastern so he was like, "No way!" even tho' I think it fits and would be cute, lol.

I can tell you first-hand Beauty and the Beast sounds GREAT on a violin! ::has played it on the violin :)::

At our 91/16 Escape wedding at SBP, I walked down the aisle to "So Close" from Enchanted and our recessional was "Ever After" from Enchanted. The violinist played "Circle of Life" during the sand ceremony. Our first dance was also to "So Close" (I LOVE 'Enchanted"!). During the cake and champagne, the violinst played Disney songs except when my dad asked if he knew any bluegrass - he did!

I want a harpist, and am planning on walking down the aisle to an instrumental "Rainbow Connection"

I like the idea of Ever After for the recessional, but I think I'd prefer it in instrumental and I haven't heard what that sounds like yet...

is the electric light parade music just a mish mash of various disney songs? like in the actually spectromagic parade? we were thinking about doing that as our recessional music but i wish i could hear it first...:confused3

is the electric light parade music just a mish mash of various disney songs? like in the actually spectromagic parade? we were thinking about doing that as our recessional music but i wish i could hear it first...:confused3

Electric Light Parade is not the same as spectro... If you look at disney music, the ELP song is called "Baroque Howdown".

Haha we are both new at this. When did you decide that you were going to do a disney wedding? I assume that the electro or spetromagic parade would be the music fromt hat parade, but i dont know. Which is why I just decided on a whole new world:rotfl:

I am glad this thread was created! I am having a difficult time picking my songs! I don't want all Disney songs and I don't want the traditional "here comes the bride." So far I have picked Ave Maria for the parents to walk down to. I cannot find violin solos without a piano or guitar.

For those who had a violinist....did you like it? Was it enough on its own?

Thanks for the help!

Good topic!! DF and I just finished deciding which songs the violinist will be playing for our wedding. We're also doing all Disney songs, so for the bridal party, they'll walk to "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes," which is one of my absolute favorite Disney songs! I'll be walking down to "Beauty and the Beast" which was actually DF's choice! I didn't think anything of the song, until I did a refresher and listened to it....good stuff! He did a great job picking that one out, for sure.
For the recessional we'll be doing the Electric Light Parade song, which, if you haven't heard it before, is probably one of the most upbeat, goofy songs out there...definitely not the normal wedding song at all :)

Don't forget- it definitely helps to actually listen to the songs again to make your decision.
Good luck with your decision making...I know it can be rough!

This is a great thread, any other songs that are "must have's" :lovestruc
I am still deciding on my song list.

I am working on mixing my own music for walking down the aisle, etc.
But I have to have an emergency plan just in case.

Any idea of where I can find samples of the songs the organist at the WP can play? :flower3:

Does anyone know if Victoria Schultz is the harpist Disney uses for weddings? Or do they have a few different ones? :confused3

My DD used "Flying" by James Newton Howard for her processional. This was the music used in the Year of a Million Dreams promotional. She had it timed just so for each bridesmaid and she and my DH came in at the beginning of the trumpet fanfare part. She just eliminated a small part of the song that didn't sound right for a wedding. It was beautiful. :)

I'm walking down the aile (I think) to So This Is Love and I will definately have Beauty and the Beast played as well (not sure when yet)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter