• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Music for Escape Brides?

jerseygirlmk

Mouseketeer
Hello! I am just curious as to what many of you Escape brides have done in terms of music and entertainment. I am not as playlist savvy and am curious if I can have a djay or what other options I can have for music, our song, etc... Please let me know what some of you have done. Thank you so much!!

I had the violist at SBP and that was it.
Officiant/Groom/Best Man - no music (I guess this is the way they do it at SBP)
Bridal Party - A Dream is a wish the heart makes
Bride's - When you wish upon a star
Recessional - A Whole New World
First Dance - Beauty and the Beast (Tale as old as time)

My violinist asked for guest requests when we were not around.

What location are you looking at for your ceremony? You don't really get a 'true' reception with an Escape wedding unless you're planning on doing something as an add on.

Oh that is beautiful! I am looking to get married at the Wedding Pavilion and then have something at the Whitehall Room at the Grand Floridian. I would love to have some music or a dj but I do not know if there will be enough time or they will allow it. I guess that I can ask my planner. I was just wondering what other brides have done. Did you like the violinist?

You will get a violinist as part of the Escape package for your first dance and also an Organist for the WP. The violinist is brilliant.

If you add a reception on this will only be 2 hours so will not allow time for dancing only food.

I thought with an Escape wedding you only got time for a toast & cake??
From what I've read you can upgrade (for a fee of course) to other music-- like a classical guitarist, which I think is what we
are going to do. Our song is "God Gave me You" by Blake Shelton. I think that would sound much more prettier (and country like us) on a
guitar then a violin. We are looking at Sunrise Terrace at the Wilderness Lodge for our ceremony.

Almost sounds like if you want a DJ & food, you're going to have to look at a Wishes package.

I bought the Passporters Disney's Wedding & Honeymoons book. It has been incredibly helpful. It's worth the cost (which in my book wasn't as expensive as some may think).

I thought with an Escape wedding you only got time for a toast & cake??

Almost sounds like if you want a DJ & food, you're going to have to look at a Wishes package.

There is time for your first dance at the cake and champagne reception.

A DJ yes you need the Wishes package, but Escape brides can add a private 2 hour reception to their wedding.

There is time for your first dance at the cake and champagne reception.

A DJ yes you need the Wishes package, but Escape brides can add a private 2 hour reception to their wedding.

THANK YOU!! I did not know you can add additional time to the Escape reception.

What you can add is a private catered meal of up to 2 hours, not an extension of the time you spend at the ceremony location. You would need to meet the food and beverage minimums for the venue you chose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter