Museums Free-For-All (Free Admission to Many Southern California Museums on January 30, 2016)

Sherry E

Currently tag-less...
The Museums Free-For-All is something that takes place every year, and it is back again this year. Most of the notable museums around Los Angeles and a few museums in other areas of Southern California take part in this event. General admission is free for one day, on Saturday, January 30th (though a few are only open on Sunday, January 31st so they are honoring the offer then).

The museums that are participating include: the Los Angeles County Museum of Art; the George C. Page Museum (which is at the La Brea Tar Pits); the Museum of Contemporary Art; the Getty; the California Science Center; the Craft & Folk Art Museum, and many others.

So far the Petersen Auto Museum has not joined the list, but it just reopened last month after being closed for the better part of a year, so I guess that a free day of admission is not likely. However, more museums might join the list before the end of the month. I have seen it happen in the past.

Here is the website with the information:

http://www.socalmuseums.org/free-for-all/

Anyway, it's an idea of something to do if you happen to be visiting Disneyland that week and want to stray from DLR for a day trip. I noticed that the Orange County Museum of Art is on the list as well, so that might be more convenient to get to from DLR. The Laguna Art Museum is participating too.

But, if you happen to be traveling through Los Angeles (like to visit the Farmers Market or Hollywood Blvd. or something), you might want to pop into LACMA and the Page Museum, or the Getty. The Craft & Folk Art Museum is right near LACMA and the Tar Pits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter