Murphy's law, of course!

jewell

Mouseketeer
I've been planning our five night trip to RPR and the parks since Janurary. We are leaving this Saturday, but this week I got really sick from a bad reaction to some new meds,:sick: my son started yesterday with the beginnings of a cold:sick: and my FIL in is the hospital on oxygen! :sick: I do feel somewhat better this evening and my FIL is improving, so we are still going, but all this last minute stress is killing me!!!

Does this always happen right before vacation?!?! :sad2:

On a positive note, I want to thank everyone here who has helped me and answered my many questions! I'll post a trip report when I get back.

Luckily Universal will probably cure all that. ;) Hope everyone feels better and have a great trip!!

Think about it this way - All the bad karma happened before your trip so everything is going to go smoothly during the trip. I truly hope everyone feels better real soon!

The good thing is that by staying onsite you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn! You can actually have a relaxing vacation.

I usually suffer from allergies, and sinus issues, but I ***ALWAYS*** feel 100% better whenever we go to Orlando. Not sure if the air is cleaner, or if its just the atmosphere, but I've never suffered sinus problems while on vacation to WDW or USO.

My son on the other hand, will routinely get sick about 3 or 4 days into any trip we take. San Antonio for Sea World / Six Flags: Sick; WDW @ 23mo. - Fever / Sore Throat on day 4; WDW @ 35mo. - Fever / Sinus infection on day 3; WDW @ 41mo. - Fever / throat on day 4.

Not sure why, but it just happens. I've tried to get a prescription before we leave, but doctors tend to look at you funny when you tell them you need meds b/c your kid is 'going' to get sick soon. :confused:

I've been planning our five night trip to RPR and the parks since Janurary. We are leaving this Saturday, but this week I got really sick from a bad reaction to some new meds,:sick: my son started yesterday with the beginnings of a cold:sick: and my FIL in is the hospital on oxygen! :sick: I do feel somewhat better this evening and my FIL is improving, so we are still going, but all this last minute stress is killing me!!!

Does this always happen right before vacation?!?! :sad2:

On a positive note, I want to thank everyone here who has helped me and answered my many questions! I'll post a trip report when I get back.
Don't feel lonely cause we are going next Sunday and I have some abcest teeth that need to be pulled and my dentist ( the only one our insurance will let us use ) is on vacation and wants to see me when we are on vacation and DW just strained muscels in her neck the other day and the old saying goes when it rains it pours :rotfl:

I usually suffer from allergies, and sinus issues, but I ***ALWAYS*** feel 100% better whenever we go to Orlando. Not sure if the air is cleaner, or if its just the atmosphere, but I've never suffered sinus problems while on vacation to WDW or USO.

My son on the other hand, will routinely get sick about 3 or 4 days into any trip we take. San Antonio for Sea World / Six Flags: Sick; WDW @ 23mo. - Fever / Sore Throat on day 4; WDW @ 35mo. - Fever / Sinus infection on day 3; WDW @ 41mo. - Fever / throat on day 4.

Not sure why, but it just happens. I've tried to get a prescription before we leave, but doctors tend to look at you funny when you tell them you need meds b/c your kid is 'going' to get sick soon. :confused:

Do you fly or drive? If you fly make sure he stays well hydrated before during and after flight. Constant hand washing will help as well. Kids are notorious about putting hands in face and mouth after touching surfaces. Remember that people who come to Orlando not only bring themselves but their viruses as well. 3 days sounds about right for a incubation period for viruses

Do you fly or drive? If you fly make sure he stays well hydrated before during and after flight. Constant hand washing will help as well. Kids are notorious about putting hands in face and mouth after touching surfaces. Remember that people who come to Orlando not only bring themselves but their viruses as well. 3 days sounds about right for a incubation period for viruses

We drive in (wife won't fly) from New Orleans. The wife is an R.N. and a germ freak so he is routinely wiped down, and he does stay hydrated during the drive and while we're in the parks (soft-sided cooler w/ juice splashers (flavored water)).

He's had issues with his tonsils, and I think that has been the primary cause of the problems. This is going to be his last vacation with them ;)

The wife has proclaimed that he will have them out before he goes back to school this year.

Hopefully that will end the mandatory vacation sicknesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter