Murphy bed comfort

ellataylor

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Has anyone had experience of 2 not slim adults sleeping on the Murphy beds please? Possible and comfortable?

TIA x

The one time we had a Murphy bed (at Pop) it was the same size as the regular bed, the same mattress as the regular bed (felt the same to us) and both were queen size.

If you are comfortable on a queen at home you should be fine at Disney.

I thought it was a great bed!

I was at POP not long after they installed the Murphy beds. My wife and I are not small people and had no issues with it. The murphy beds were done really well. For reference I'm 6'3" and was 225 lbs at the time, my wife is 5'10" and was a size 18.

Only time we had a Murphy bed was when they used to be in the Fort Wilderness cabins.

I'll take a Murphy bed over a fold out couch any day.

Plus size person here! I've shared a murphy bed with someone who was smaller than me, but we were both very comfy. The murphy beds are just as comfortable as a regular queen bed IMO. Huge upgrade from the old sofa beds!!!!

I think the better question is not the murphy bed, but what mattress is being used on that murphy bed. And I think if you should add which resort you are considering as I don't think they are all equal. I've heard the murphy mattresses at AoA are not a nice as the ones at the other values.

Last edited:
We were at a 2BR at SSR a few weeks ago and tried the Murphy bed/mattress. No one in our party slept on it overnight, but I opened it and tried it. It was very comfortable.

The VGF also had a very comfortable Murphy bed.

Oh, and I'm not slim.

Last edited:
The murphy beds are on a completely different level than the sofa beds, they're essentially regular mattresses on a moving frame, at least in our experience. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

If you are talking about the murphy beds that they have put in Pop and other resorts, then the answer is they are regular queen size mattresses.

I've slept on the queen Murphy in Poly and BC and BR. They are lovely. Same as the standard Disney mattresses IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter