• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Muppetvision 3D The Updated version

Conan the Librarian

Been Visting the Mouse since 1972
Went to the grand-reopening of MV3D yesterday.

Some observations. (Spoilers for those who haven't been there before, so, if you haven't seen it, stop reading.

They haven't changed the show at all, but, they certainly have cleaned the place up. Lighting is better in the pre-show area. New video monitors make that presentation better looking, and the gags around the room are easier to read.

The show is now Digital (no more fighting around the scrapes and tears in the film). The 3D is MUCH better. Waldo has been improved also.

Some negatives. The volume was a little low, it was hard to hear in the preshow area and also during the movie. No inside fireworks. The water effects didn't hit us. No bubbles on our side of the theatre. None ruined the show, just things they will have to work on. I did report the volume issue to the CM.

I LOVE the new digital projector. It's MUCH better.

Thanks for this info. We love the original and are looking forward to checking it out in about 2 weeks :cool1:

I cant wait to check it out in July. Hopefully they got those minor problems worked through by then

Always sad to me when good analog projectors get retired for digital, but I imagine it to have been extremely difficult to maintain the film with that sort of continual use. But that's ok :).

thanks for the info, we caught the second to last show on the 23rd(ds's bday) as per his request. believe it or not that week i found it really loud, but then again the parks were very empty!

With 3D video coming to people's homes, it will be interesting to see what WDW does to keep these attractions special. I'm thinking they are going to need all the bubbles, smoke, mist, vibrations, etc they can come up with.:earsboy:

With 3D video coming to people's homes, it will be interesting to see what WDW does to keep these attractions special. I'm thinking they are going to need all the bubbles, smoke, mist, vibrations, etc they can come up with.:earsboy:

I hear that they are taking 3D tvs off the market

The opening was delayed slightly on Saturday due to technical difficulties. (The CM told me that Miss Piggy overpacked - lol.) Muppet Vision did not open until after 10 on Saturday, due to previously mentioned technical difficulties. I liked the preshow, it was easier to see from anywhere in the room. As OP, bubbles only came from one side of the theater.

I'm thinking they are going to need all the bubbles, smoke, mist, vibrations, etc they can come up with.:earsboy:

:lmao: I love the way you said it!

I am looking forward to seeing it. I know it needed updating, but I do feel a bit sad - at least my DD was able to see it as it was. It reminds me of when I was a little girl so maybe that has something to do with my slight disapproval of change :rotfl2:

Went to the grand-reopening of MV3D yesterday.

Some observations. (Spoilers for those who haven't been there before, so, if you haven't seen it, stop reading.

They haven't changed the show at all, but, they certainly have cleaned the place up. Lighting is better in the pre-show area. New video monitors make that presentation better looking, and the gags around the room are easier to read.

The show is now Digital (no more fighting around the scrapes and tears in the film). The 3D is MUCH better. Waldo has been improved also.

Some negatives. The volume was a little low, it was hard to hear in the preshow area and also during the movie. No inside fireworks. The water effects didn't hit us. No bubbles on our side of the theatre. None ruined the show, just things they will have to work on. I did report the volume issue to the CM.

I LOVE the new digital projector. It's MUCH better.

Thanks,

We will be checking it out in two weeks!

:tink::tink:

I hear that they are taking 3D tvs off the market

no idea where you heard that but there is no way thats happening. All of the major vendors have invested in 3D and are ready to ship. Sony is losing money every quarter, they need 3d bluray to be a success in order to have any chance in not ending up bankrupt eventually

Glad to hear MuppetVisions 3D got a refresh...it needed it. Hopefully the volume and other things get fixed soon!

It looked great but the audio overall (especially in the pre-show area) was VERY low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter