Muppets officially coming to Liberty Square

I feel the same way, I love the Muppets, but I don't want to see them in Liberty Square. It just doesn't seem like a natural fit. Plus they have a whole section at Hollywood now, I'd rather see them get a ride there.

I'm sort of in the opposite camp. Although I enjoy the Muppets I don really care about them. I think that this has potential to be really good. The Muppets are so often featured as characters in established stories/narratives (Pirates, Space, Christmas Carol, even the first few movies have very classic themes) that I think it could be a really funny, entertaining show. It will tell stories of American history, which is in line with the mission of Liberty Square. I don't think it will be some garish, Muppet-y facade - I'm sure the exterior will match the surrounding area. It could be a nice counter-balance to Hall of Presidents, and it's always nice to add a new show the whole family can do - I could see this appealing to everyone from little kids to senior citizens. As long as it's executed well, I think this is a good idea.

@rteetz do you know what building this is going into?

Here's hoping it is earlier rather than later in October. I'd love to be able to check this out while there.

I preferred the rumour they would be in a window and interactive with the audience like Crush.
Not sure that is not the case. I am just guessing here......so this is my supposition.

But I see this as some kind of constant interaction. You will have some on the street stuff occassionally with Kermit and Piggy and Sam the Eagle, but I also think you might get some "muppetizing" from the window occassionally when they are not performing? This is based on the fact they did the facade work above the one building next to hall of presidents and there were pictures showing "muppet" eyes looking out.

Plus if they get the two old guys involved.....then there you go.

I also agree with @Travis B this will be a great add, with family fun in the park.

After a closer reading of the article I realize this will be outside, and the article says it will be a live show. So it looks like this will be a live performance of some kind - perhaps live puppetry - which actually seems more appropriate to the time period of Liberty Square than something digital like a window.

I am so excited about this. Just wish that they would be starting in September when we are going. Now I am going to have to wait until next October to see them. I love the muppets and I think that they do fit with LS as they are all American!

Not sure that is not the case. I am just guessing here......so this is my supposition.

But I see this as some kind of constant interaction. You will have some on the street stuff occassionally with Kermit and Piggy and Sam the Eagle, but I also think you might get some "muppetizing" from the window occassionally when they are not performing? This is based on the fact they did the facade work above the one building next to hall of presidents and there were pictures showing "muppet" eyes looking out.

Plus if they get the two old guys involved.....then there you go.

I also agree with @Travis B this will be a great add, with family fun in the park.

Thank you for your reply. I love the idea of the two guys at the window. What a hoot.

I'm sort of in the opposite camp. Although I enjoy the Muppets I don really care about them. I think that this has potential to be really good. The Muppets are so often featured as characters in established stories/narratives (Pirates, Space, Christmas Carol, even the first few movies have very classic themes) that I think it could be a really funny, entertaining show. It will tell stories of American history, which is in line with the mission of Liberty Square. I don't think it will be some garish, Muppet-y facade - I'm sure the exterior will match the surrounding area. It could be a nice counter-balance to Hall of Presidents, and it's always nice to add a new show the whole family can do - I could see this appealing to everyone from little kids to senior citizens. As long as it's executed well, I think this is a good idea.

@rteetz do you know what building this is going into?
Heritage house

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter