• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Muppet theater in December

jkh1978

DIS Veteran
I read elsewhere that Prep and Landing will be shown in the theater instead of the muppets 4d. Are there going to be "4d" effects? I like Prep and Landing, but there are other things to see at the park so not sure if we should try to hit that. We would have gone to see the Muppets .

Usually when they do something like this it ONLY happens at night. They did that with Tron and with something else, where at 5pm they did the last Muppets show, then they did the special showing starting at 6pm. I am guessing this is how it will work. It will break my son's heart if they remove the Muppets full time for Prep and Landing.

Usually when they do something like this it ONLY happens at night. They did that with Tron and with something else, where at 5pm they did the last Muppets show, then they did the special showing starting at 6pm. I am guessing this is how it will work. It will break my son's heart if they remove the Muppets full time for Prep and Landing.

Actually for the Halloween season they replaced Muppets with a Frankenweenie 4D preview all day everyday, so the Muppets movie hasn't played since before the Halloween season started. The reports I've seen about Prep and Landing make this sound like the same type of thing, Muppets to be completely replaced by Prep and Landing for the duration of the holiday season.

This is going to be very sad news for my special needs son...Muppet Vision 3D is in his top three favorite attractions at DLR...and he was so excited about seeing it when we visit for Christmas next month. :(

I'm glad I saw this though...at least I can prepare him for it. It would have been 10x worse if we'd gotten there to discover it wasn't running.

And very sad news for my son, who absolutely loves this show. I am sad to hear that they changed the way they do this now.

My kids love the show too. But they also like Prep and Landing. So maybe they will be OK with it.

But this is just another reason why we need to go to Disneyland when it isn't Halloween or Christmas next time. I want all my favorites back. :)

Actually for the Halloween season they replaced Muppets with a Frankenweenie 4D preview all day everyday, so the Muppets movie hasn't played since before the Halloween season started. The reports I've seen about Prep and Landing make this sound like the same type of thing, Muppets to be completely replaced by Prep and Landing for the duration of the holiday season.

I was there for Halloween (23rd-29th) and they had Muppet Vision until 4 everyday, then it swapped to Frankenweenie.

Will it be playing the entire Christmas season? Through Jan 6th. We will be there Jan 1-5 and my kids would love to see this. They also like the Muppets and we watch it every time we visit.

I was there for Halloween (23rd-29th) and they had Muppet Vision until 4 everyday, then it swapped to Frankenweenie.

Thank you for correcting my mis-information then. All the articles and threads I read about this indicated this was not the case. I guess I must have misunderstood.

ETA: Here are some of the older threads I remember reading.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999602&highlight=frankenweenie
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2994763&highlight=frankenweenie
Evidently there was a period of time when only Muppets all day played but this must have changed by the time fiddlefaddle2 visited. I think we might just have to wait and see how this is handled with the Prep and Landing show.

Thank you for correcting my mis-information then. All the articles and threads I read about this indicated this was not the case. I guess I must have misunderstood.

ETA: Here are some of the older threads I remember reading.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999602&highlight=frankenweenie
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2994763&highlight=frankenweenie
Evidently there was a period of time when only Muppets all day played but this must have changed by the time fiddlefaddle2 visited. I think we might just have to wait and see how this is handled with the Prep and Landing show.

Yeah I read those before going and was dissappointed because I love the Muppets, so I was hapilly surprised when I got there! Maybe they got some complaints or something. Or maybe it's because by the time I got there Frankenweenie had been in theatres for weeks already so the preview was less popular. Anyway I hope it will be the same with Prep and Landing for fellow Muppets fans :)

I have to say that this thread was good news for me! Now, I have a reason to make multiple trips into Muppet Theater! :yay:

Hi guys, as far as I know, Prep and Landing is suppose to go all day! But like Frankenweenie, maybe that can change in time.

And Frankenweenie WAS suppose to go all day like the beginning, but sadly the movie tanked and the demand wasnt as needed as before, so they just split the hours up!

But who knows? Something can change like Frankenweenie.

Hi guys, as far as I know, Prep and Landing is suppose to go all day! But like Frankenweenie, maybe that can change in time.

And Frankenweenie WAS suppose to go all day like the beginning, but sadly the movie tanked and the demand wasnt as needed as before, so they just split the hours up!

But who knows? Something can change like Frankenweenie.

Yeah, it would make more sense to me for Prep and Landing to run all day.

Is it just December, or will it be running all season?

They closed Muppets already to change it over from Frankenweenie to Prep and Landing. I thought I read it's supposed to open back up November 16 and run Prep and Landing through the end of the Disneyland holiday season which would be January 6.

I just wanted to chime in that when DGF and I went on October 12-13th, it was Frankenweenie running all day, no MuppetVision and I'm a recently converted Muppets fan, so I was sad about that.

We thought there would be more theming since they shut down MuppetVision, but we were disappointed (the posters outside the queue were entertaining though). The lightning effects were neat though, and it wasn't an overall bad experience since we like seeing new stuff, but we also wished that they had did what they did last year with Tron: show MuppetVision during the day, Frankenweenie at night.

Maybe enough people complained, or the movie tanked enough, or the trailer showings didn't draw enough people, that they switched it during Halloween week. :confused3

Again, we hope that during the holidays, Prep and Landing will only be shown for part of the day; it would be nice to be able to see both it and the regular good ole' MuppetVision. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter