• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Muppet Movie Ok?

I cried nearly all the way through the movie... both times I saw it. So much nostalgia in the Muppets.

But I agree, it's great for little kids. The one thing I couldn't believe they put in was a song Camilla sings :eek:

...but since she can only cluck, the language in the original song wasn't as much of an issue, I guess

Since it's more commonly known as "Forget You", it's probably safe. ;)

I have an episode of The Muppet Show on DVD where the Electric Mayhem sings "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover". I must have been about 6 when it aired, and it went right over my head. :rotfl:

Since it's more commonly known as "Forget You", it's probably safe. ;)

You're probably right, but I just about choked when I heard it :rotfl:

I have an episode of The Muppet Show on DVD where the Electric Mayhem sings "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover". I must have been about 6 when it aired, and it went right over my head.

I love the Paul Simon Episode!

"For Yooouu... I'd Wash My hair in stinky glue, I'd cook my legs, and eat them too, I'd put a spider in my shooeee, for you!"

You're probably right, but I just about choked when I heard it :rotfl:

Me too! The soundtrack actually has the full versions of both that and the Nirvana song. It's hysterical! :lmao:

I love the Paul Simon Episode!

"For Yooouu... I'd Wash My hair in stinky glue, I'd cook my legs, and eat them too, I'd put a spider in my shooeee, for you!"

And Miss Piggy singing the chorus in Scarborough Fair: "Rosemary, parsley, sage and THYYYYYYYYYNE!!!" :rotfl:

We LOVED this movie!

The Muppet movies have always had lots of cameos by famous stars. It is almost a game to pick them out.

Did you all see Mickey Rooney? Wonderful to see him, and fitting for the idea of "Let's put on a show!", as in the Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland movies.

And some of the humor and puns are definitely there for the adults. Nothing raunchy, of course (did anyone notice that Gary and Mary have separate beds in their hotel room?), but just over the heads of kids under 10.

Here's hoping this will introduce the Muppets to a whole new generation of fans! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter