• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Muppet Movie Ok?

ShootingStarMom2

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We were thinking of going to the Muppet movie last minute tonight with our preschooler. The ratings said there were just a few sinister characters and references the kids probably wouldn't understand. If you saw it, do you think it's an ok PG movie? Obviously we've seen PG Disney cartoons, but I wasn't sure about this one. :) Thanks!

It was awesome! I took my 7 & 8 year olds and they loved it. Of course they knew who the Muppets were going in and were excited about it. I don't think there was really anything over the top that your preschooler hasn't seen on t.v. before.

I'm sure the only thing a preschooler would notice are the funny dancing and singing Muppets. You'll be fine (and it was a terrific movie!).

My three and a half year old loved it! The first ten minutes or so were a little slow, before you see an actual muppet, but after that it was smooth sailing.

You should try asking AA if rum goes good with coke. I think you will get more opinions that are both sides. :rotfl2:

But really this movie was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure why it is PG. My DD6 sang ma-na-ma-na for days and days after.

My preschooler was fine and he often doesn't care for "mean"'characters in movies.

One of the mean characters is rather funny. "Maniacal laugh......" (said rather than just a laugh)

This movie was great. I don't remember seeing anything that seemed scary or upsetting.

I just saw it for the third time this morning. It's wonderful. And it's fine for anyone. The kids in audience seemed to be loving it.

I read that the PG rating may have just happened so it wouldn't be a G movie (and potentially scare off tweens and teens afraid it might be too much of a kid movie).

But it's one of my favorite movies his year, I definitely recommend it! :thumbsup2

Just saw it yesterday with my 7 year old and my 14 year old. It was a great movie. We all loved it! I'm such a sap and even got teary eyed at one point when Miss Piggy and Kermit sing "their song".

Thanks everyone! The movie was really good and we loved all the surprise cameos. The kids liked it a lot, although my youngest kept asking to watch the Toy Story short again. That was really cute as well.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it. We did too and this is one I plan to buy when it comes out. It's such a sweet and funny movie. :)

Oh, it will be perfectly fine for your kid!

I loved this movie, love the muppets. I remember sitting in front of the tv at 6:30 every Saturday night waiting for it to start...:happytv:

I'm glad you liked it! I've taken my DD2 and DD6 3 times now! The 2 year old sings along to "Man or Muppet" - its pretty adorable!

Just saw it yesterday with my 7 year old and my 14 year old. It was a great movie. We all loved it! I'm such a sap and even got teary eyed at one point when Miss Piggy and Kermit sing "their song".

I will freely admit, I cried like a baby. That was DH and I's first dance as husband and wife and I have always loved that song.

If you ever wonder about the specifics in a movie, check commonsensemedia.org.

I will freely admit, I cried like a baby. That was DH and I's first dance as husband and wife and I have always loved that song.

I cried nearly all the way through the movie... both times I saw it. So much nostalgia in the Muppets.

But I agree, it's great for little kids. The one thing I couldn't believe they put in was a song Camilla sings :eek:

...but since she can only cluck, the language in the original song wasn't as much of an issue, I guess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter