Mummy

avic77

Fish out of water
Can someone explain what type ride Mummy is ( coaster simulator or something else?)
DS6 is a little to short for it and I am very curious why the height is 48" for it. He rode Everest at Animal Kingdom last year and he was much shorter (43 inches i guess.)!
I know that he wont be able to ride Mummy this year but I am trying to wrap my mind around what kind of ride it is. I totally understand the height restrictions on Doom Hulk and DD, but Mummy :confused3

Can someone explain what type ride Mummy is ( coaster simulator or something else?)
DS6 is a little to short for it and I am very curious why the height is 48" for it. He rode Everest at Animal Kingdom last year and he was much shorter (43 inches i guess.)!
I know that he wont be able to ride Mummy this year but I am trying to wrap my mind around what kind of ride it is. I totally understand the height restrictions on Doom Hulk and DD, but Mummy :confused3
The mummy is a indoor coaster but it doesn't have any real big drops.
One of my favorite rides other than Spiderman :thumbsup2

Its an indoor coaster that has some really cool special effects. One of my favorite rides although I can only ride it once (I have motion issues).

it may not have any "big" drops but the first one is what i would call a "sudden" or " instant" drop. While not "big" you definately feel it:cool2:

I do not know if it is that it is a "dark" ride, but i find it more intense than Hulk or Dragons

I love sitting in the back-good airtime!!:thumbsup2
I kinda can see the 48" rule it does whip you around abit..

It's part dark ride part coaster,the first part of the ride it goes through some rooms slowly then it has a tame launch up a hill where the real part of the coaster begins.

Okay well this ride was pretty amazing. No huge dips, but not like a baby rollercoaster. i loved this ride and can't wait to ride in again and again with my best friendd in a few monthss. ;)

What makes this ride special for many is the story line.

you enter into different rooms and you will hear a narration of the event you will soon encounter.

an added touch on the video screen ends the ride.

i won't give that away so it will surprise you when you go on it.

the actual time on the "riding coaster" segment is not that long.

if you go in the regular line, you will see artifacts and items on the wall that will lead up to the story for the ride.

some secrets about the mummy from the ioa/us secrets thread.

Revenge of the Mummy -
*KONGfrontation, the building's former attraction, managed to leave several references in the Mummy ride. In the queue, keep your eyes peeled for several bananas scattered about.
*There are also some large gorilla hyeroglyphics near the giant Anubis figure.
*As you wind through the dark corridors at the beginning of the ride, look closely at the people from the crashed train. One of them is wearing a hat that says "Kong Rules".
*In the Treasure Room scene, wait for the treasure to light up, then quickly look to your left, near the middle of the piles. You should see a golden statue of King Kong himself.
*There are ride vehicles hidden in the dark Coaster portion of the ride, including some E.T. Bikes. When the lights flash revealing the mummies, look quick and you might spot them.
*There is a small rectangular chamber in the tomb portion of the queue. To the right as you enter there is a hole with treasure. Try to grab it.

some are still valid some aren't

this is still valid: when inside the mummy line, push the large button and watch the monitor.

when you push it, people on the "bridge" around the corner will get a blast of air.
also, when you see the table in the waiting line, have someone go to the other side of the table. both put your hands on it at the same time.
look up at the ceiling to see what happens.

I love the que line on this.Like mac posted so much too see if you look for it!!:thumbsup2

it may not have any "big" drops but the first one is what i would call a "sudden" or " instant" drop. While not "big" you definately feel it:cool2:

I do not know if it is that it is a "dark" ride, but i find it more intense than Hulk or Dragons

This. It surprised me for sure the first time I rode it.

My 7 year old DD rode it this Oct. It banged her head around quite a bit. She rode RNR and EE at least 15 times each at Disney the week before, but she wouldn't go on the Mummy more than once. It also freaked her out a little and she kept her eyes closed half the time ;)

My 8 year old son loved Mummy, but didn't really enjoy Everest. The Mummy has a short backwards part, shorter then Everest. But the special effects on Mummy are more intense, Scarabs, fire, and the mummies all over.

Gosh, I must be in the minority here. I would never take a 6 year old on that ride because of the scare factor not because of the drops. I felt a bit uncomfortable taking my 10 year old on it. I mean you've got a mummy (a bloddy, vein covered mummy nonetheless) coming out at you saying he is going to take your soul. I could really do without that. Then you have the fire and bugs, it isn't a kiddie ride. I'd take my 6 year old on EE or SM or RnRC if they were tall enough, but not the mummy.

Every kid is different, its up to the parents to know. My son was 5 and loved it. He said it was his favorite ride, but he is a coaster junkie like his Dad and big sister. He loves all the coasters in Kennywood Park near Pittsburgh including the Phantom's Revenge which is higher and faster than rides at UO. He keeps checking his height for our upcoming trip in June. He's 7 now and is just 1/2 inch shy of the 54" for DD and Hulk. It's a great way to get him to eat his vegetables, I tell him it will make him grow faster.

Goes to show ya how much I pay attention sometimes cause I didn't realize the op was asking if a 6 year old could ride the mummy and if I did then I would have said I don't recomend it and pretty sure the others would say the same :thumbsup2

My fav ride at US, love the Mummy!
My 7 yr old son rode with me and he cried when it was over
but he loves Everest, he said he will try agoan next time we go back

My DS (10) really wants to ride this, but he is really skinny, and my husband and I (we are average-sized) will be sitting next to him. Is the bar that holds you in a shared bar? Is there also an individual restraint so he won't get some serious air time?

Thanks, Karen

My DS (10) really wants to ride this, but he is really skinny, and my husband and I (we are average-sized) will be sitting next to him. Is the bar that holds you in a shared bar? Is there also an individual restraint so he won't get some serious air time?

Thanks, Karen

The seats are 3-4 across (can't remember) and they are individual lap bars. If you sit in the middle rows, I believe there is a bit less "air time".

If I am wrong - someone will correct me I am sure. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter