• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mummy Ride

Warmwinds

Mouseketeer
I'm a real coaster wimp, so can someone please tell me what the intensity of this ride is like? I don't do big drops, but I'm fine with all the "mountains" at WDW. Expedition Everest is probably the "worst" coaster I've been on or hope to go on. Is the Mummy worse than that?

I pretty much know not to go on Rip Rockit and Dueling Dragons, anything else I should absolutely avoid?

If you are fine with the mountains, you will be fine with the Mummy. All the other coasters you can see exactly what you are getting into. EE is just a bad coaster that jerks you around a lot.

You'll be just fine on the Mummy,it's part dark ride,part coaster meaning there'll be parts of the ride where the car slowly moves through a scene and other parts where the train will actually be moving at a good clip with small drops.In my opinion it's one of the best rides in Orlando,so it's a must do.

Thank you, I can't wait - my husband loves Mummy stuff. I've been on Disnosaurs and remember it was herky jerky but don't remember any drops - maybe they weren't so bad!

I didn't find Mummy nearly as jerky as Dinosaur and there are no real drops in Dinosaur either. Mummy is not as bad as Space Moutain to me. The coaster part is much shorter. Like SM, you don't see the drops coming.

I am a ride chicken and last year while we were in Orlando, I started a post her to decide if I should do it. DS15 wanted me to try it. After much encouragement here, I did, and rode it several times.

Marsha

The ride is awesome,but the regular que sets up the story and adds to the experiance!!!

Try not to miss that part.As far as bieng scary rollercoaster,have no worrys its not at all.This comes from A card carrying coaster chicken...

The Mummy has one area that gives you the impression that you are dropping but a lot of it is effects. Just hang on and enjoy the ride! This is in my opinion the best ride in Universal!

Remember that the Mummy has rollercoaster parts where Dinosaur does not. There are drops and sharp turns.

Good, I couldn't figure out how I could have missed any drops on Dinosaur.

And I know what you mean about not missing the queue build-up - we rode Everest twice with NO wait (ran at rope drop then got a fast pass for later) so while we were zooming past everything I said to my husband "gee, this stuff looks pretty cool, too bad we're not stopping to look at it"! :rotfl:

I've very excited now.

It's dark and fast, but no huge drops. I'm the definition of WIMP when it comes to coaster rides. I went on this a couple years ago. I screamed the entire time!:scared1:

I am one of the biggest coaster chickens there is but I love the mummy and is one of my favorite rides at universal and have to do it a few times on our trips or it just doesn't seem right to me if I don't
You will be fine once you get the first ride over with :thumbsup2

This is most definiatly one of my favourite rides. I love the effects and the theming of the queueing area and the coaster part is exhilarating. I'd describe the actual coaster part as being about the intensity of Expedition Everest with the darkness of Space Mountain. Though this is way more fun than SM because you're actually sitting next to someone;)

I thought the ride itself was too short. Could have been 30 seconds longer. I did enjoy it but I missed the normal que line as a single rider and had no wait time at all but this was also today and with the rain it made the whole park light on crowds.

Mummy is just like Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom

I actually rode Dinosaur for the first time recently but probably won't again. We all commented that it nearly gave us whiplash. About half as much slinging would have been nice. The dinosaur effects/theming were very good but just couldn't enjoy it.

I love the Mummy though, just great effects and a fun coaster. I definitely recommend.

It is my son and I's favorite coaster because of the theme, effects, and overall fun. Its not a thrill coaster like HRRR or Hulk but it is so cool! It has so much to offer, speed and story. We rode it about 10 times this past weekend. I don't think its like Dinosaur as its an actual coaster and not as jerky and loud as Dinosaur either.
We ranked our favorite rides and it was 1- Mummy, 2- Hulk, 3- HRRR and 4-Dueling Dragons.
We also LOVED the Simpsons. This was our first time riding that as we were there 3 years ago and they had just shut down Back to the Future to start Simpsons.

This is most definiatly one of my favourite rides. I love the effects and the theming of the queueing area and the coaster part is exhilarating. I'd describe the actual coaster part as being about the intensity of Expedition Everest with the darkness of Space Mountain. Though this is way more fun than SM because you're actually sitting next to someone;)

Really? I've never been on EE, but I can't imagine that Mummy is 1/2 as intense. Just that one big drop I can see would do me in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter