multiple stateroom gift status?

swclark

Mouseketeer
Sorry, I tried to search for this thread, but I wasn't allowed to search :(.

Has anyone heard anything new about this? I have been away and was wondering if there were any updates?

History:

when first booking my cruise via DU there was a note on the reservation that when they had 8 staterooms booked on a cruise, there would be a gift in the cabins (people don't have to be related, just booked through DU). Then the note went away from the online confirmation. The explanation at the time was that Disney was reevaluating this gift and until they made a decision about it, DU took it off their reservations.

Has anyone gone on a cruise with 8 or more DU staterooms recently that you know of? Did you get anything in your room from them? (I think others have said the gift in the stateroom used to be one of the items from the list that you could preorder to have delivered to your room - disney treasures maybe, I've forgotten the name!)

thanks for any updates

I was wondering the same thing. Right after we booked our March 2003 cruise DU emailed us and told us how we would be getting a surprise gift because they had 10 (I think it was 10) staterooms booked.
We did get a very nice tray of goodies.

When we made reservations for our March 2004 cruise they didn't say anything about how many people had booked or if we would be getting a gift.

We also just booked a 3 day for October. I have looked through DU's site and can't find any info on the special gift.

I would love to know if DU is still giving it out.

I liked knowing how many others had booked with DU that were on the same cruise as I was

It could be that they were not able to fill the enough cabins to retain 'group' status on your particular cruise. Agencies can give their clients bonus perks when a group is booked. These perks are provided by the cruise lines to the agencies for booking and receiving payment for a group. If the group falls below the minimum, then the perks are lost.

Usually, when I book a group, I'll try to include some sort of bonus amenity to each cabin booked. It's just a nice 'thank you' for the business.

We were on the July 5th Western and booked through DU. There were, at one time, over 8 staterooms booked, but some cancelled out by the sail date so we did not get the gift. At that time, they were still giving gifts out. Write DU and ask about it, they were always very good with answering our questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter