Multiple room charges in a 2 BDRM villa?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
We have a 2 bdrm booked for ToT 10 Mile Wknd and have 3 separate paying entities staying in the room. Everyone will get MB's. Can we set up each MB with its own charging privilege?

We've had 2 set up on the bands (two people on 1 cc, and 2 on another), not sure about 3.

don't see how it would be different b/c they just coded each band.

Yes you can. We were just there in a Grand Villa and set up 3 different CC. Don't forget to set different 4 number pins or the original pin will transfer to all M-Bands.

Actually, no you can't. Credit cards can only be placed on a My Disney Experience account, NOT on a Magic Band. If each paying entity has their own MDE account, then yes, they can each have a credit card on file. Magic Bands are simply keys to your MDE account. They don't have any storage capability in and of themselves.

Actually, no you can't. Credit cards can only be placed on a My Disney Experience account, NOT on a Magic Band. If each paying entity has their own MDE account, then yes, they can each have a credit card on file. Magic Bands are simply keys to your MDE account. They don't have any storage capability in and of themselves.

The front desk can attach different CCs to individual portfolios at the resort for room charging.

What constitutes a "portfolio"?

A portfolio is your room charge account. By default, all occupants charge to one portfolio. The front desk set it up so that each occupant has their own portfolio to charge to and each portfolio can go to a different CC.

A portfolio is your room charge account. By default, all occupants charge to one portfolio. The front desk set it up so that each occupant has their own portfolio to charge to and each portfolio can go to a different CC.

So they were then able to use their magic bands to charge to their portfolio?

We had family members staying in the studio portion of a 2-bdrm villa this past Nov and set them up with separate charging privledges on their own credit card. We got the statement on our last day and everything they had charged was charged to our cc. I called Billing and had their charges removed. Billing did have their cc# on file but for some reason, it just didn't tie in with their MB's. It's best to check on the 1st day to make sure the charging is correct.

We had family members staying in the studio portion of a 2-bdrm villa this past Nov and set them up with separate charging privledges on their own credit card. We got the statement on our last day and everything they had charged was charged to our cc. I called Billing and had their charges removed. Billing did have their cc# on file but for some reason, it just didn't tie in with their MB's. It's best to check on the 1st day to make sure the charging is correct.

This is exactly what happened to us except that our guests had all charges charged to them. It was a mess and took a long time to resolve. I would also recommend checking in after the first day to be sure that all charges are being charged correctly.

This is exactly what happened to us except that our guests had all charges charged to them. It was a mess and took a long time to resolve. I would also recommend checking in after the first day to be sure that all charges are being charged correctly.

See, this is why I think you can't set up different charges based on the Magic Band being used. We wanted to set it up so our son could use his Magic Band to spend off of a Disney Gift card. The only thing the CM said they could do was to put that gift card as the first thing to spend on my My Disney Experience account (since he didn't have one). We declined that offer but it made it clear that Magic Bands in and of themselves have no ability to attach a card of any sort to them. These stories of all charges going to one card verify that. I believe the portfolios mentioned above only 'work' when you sign your receipt with the room number on it. However, if you're using a Magic Band, you don't sign anything.. you just type in a pin code. Further, all active Magic Bands in your My Disney Experience account can open your door. How would they know which ones to attach to your portfolio except to say "all of them"? But then, why would you want to replicate what the MDE account has?

It appears there is a lot of confusion about Magic Bands both from front desk CMs and from customers. I think everyone would be a lot happier if they thought of things in terms of My Disney Experience accounts instead of in terms of Magic Bands. Attach your credit card to your My Disney Experience account and tell the front desk to use that.

We visited last October for F&W in a 2 bedroom at BLT. Only I had a MDE account, the other two couples were only "friends" on my MDE. Upon check in the CM offered to set up 3 different CC to each MB so that we would only be charged for what each couple purchased. I had read horror stories of how this can get all messed up and was hesitant to do it, but we did it anyway. To my great surprise it all went well. Each couple had their own charges and nothing was on a CC that wasn't supposed to be and we each were able to get separate bills for these charges upon check out. Since there were many F&W booth purchases I couldn't believe that it all work out perfectly. This may be the minority experience but luckily it worked okay for us.

However, if you're using a Magic Band, you don't sign anything.. you just type in a pin code. Further, all active Magic Bands in your My Disney Experience account can open your door. How would they know which ones to attach to your portfolio except to say "all of them"?

just as park passes are linked to individuals (and their MBs), the system "should" ;) be capable of linking separate payment methods to individuals in a single MDE account.
personally, i would go with what PPs suggested:
link the different payment methods at check-in, and then verify within 24 hours that they are being processed correctly :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter