Multiple reservations at Oga's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep refreshing, and use the reservation finder on Touring Plans and Mouse Dining to chase down what you want. LOTS of people grabbed multiple reservations while they could, and will drop them as they firm up their plans - same thing that happens with all desirable ADRs. That's how we snagged our Artist's Point reservation that was impossible to find when they first opened up - someone dropped theirs and I was able to pick it up.
I would also join the ADR cancellation thread for your month.

I was able to snag 2 ADRs for 8(!) people in October. I will probably drop one and if I do, I'll offer it up there first.

They serve breakfast too? Thank you. I wasn't aware. I'll add that to my reservation finder. Hope they serve alcohol in the mornings, I want a drink in there LOL
I'll be there by 4 am so it will feel later anyway LOL

Thanks.
They have 'overnight oats' or a pastry. There is an alcoholic coffee drink at breakfast which I hope I am in time for. I figure I will be ready for a drink by 9:55 also!

I made ours around lunch time today, they are for Oct. at lunch 1:55, didn't know there was no food, but it will be fun just the same.

I noticed that the menu is different for breakfast and lunch. So if you want to enjoy a drink from each menu, I am assuming you need 2 reservations?

I started out with a bunch of times available for my week 11/08-11/17, never could get the system to book it though, kept getting "Sorry for the Paws". no nothing available for lunch or dinner now. Dang it!

I started out with a bunch of times available for my week 11/08-11/17, never could get the system to book it though, kept getting "Sorry for the Paws". no nothing available for lunch or dinner now. Dang it!
Close out the page and try again, took me 3 tries to get 11/20 for 4...but of course you can always get the "pixie dust" of the poster who is hoarding 6 adrs until they get their fast passes sorted out...

Yup, and when I release the ones we won't use, someone will get some pixie dust they didn't expect!

Zero guilt about it, so don't bother :)
Keep refreshing, and use the reservation finder on Touring Plans and Mouse Dining to chase down what you want. LOTS of people grabbed multiple reservations while they could, and will drop them as they firm up their plans - same thing that happens with all desirable ADRs. That's how we snagged our Artist's Point reservation that was impossible to find when they first opened up - someone dropped theirs and I was able to pick it up.
The issue is that this is not a regular ADR. It's a guaranteed entrance to the whole SWGE land and holding more than one reservation holds back spaces from others to even get into the land. I absolutely expect not only HS reaching capacity, but also SWGE reaching capacity and not allowing guests to even enter the land to check it out. Look back at TSL and the waits for people to set foot into the land. Even if you dump your unused ADR's for Oga's, it doesn't mean a lot of people will be able to change their plans at the last moment.

I know people are hording ADR's for Oga's and I'm not debating the right-or-wrong of it. I'm stating it for others to understand WHY they may not get into the land at all, let alone Oga's. And I can totally understand why it's not a popular post for those of us who can't even get ONE ADR. But, Disney creates these monsters with their system and I will be going to Disney again so I don't get too bent about these situations. But I also don't hoard ADR's because I have personal opinion against it.

The issue is that this is not a regular ADR. It's a guaranteed entrance to the whole SWGE land and holding more than one reservation holds back spaces from others to even get into the land. I absolutely expect not only HS reaching capacity, but also SWGE reaching capacity and not allowing guests to even enter the land to check it out. Look back at TSL and the waits for people to set foot into the land. Even if you dump your unused ADR's for Oga's, it doesn't mean a lot of people will be able to change their plans at the last moment.

I know people are hording ADR's for Oga's and I'm not debating the right-or-wrong of it. I'm stating it for others to understand WHY they may not get into the land at all, let alone Oga's. And I can totally understand why it's not a popular post for those of us who can't even get ONE ADR. But, Disney creates these monsters with their system and I will be going to Disney again so I don't get too bent about these situations. But I also don't hoard ADR's because I have personal opinion against it.

I hear you - although we are ASSUMING that reservations will mean something in terms of getting into the land, there's no actual confirmation of that right now. And I didn't mention anywhere when we were going, it's more than likely MY reservations wouldn't help most who had a problem with my ADR methods. I'd also imagine that those who have a problem with making multiple reservations then canceling some...would have an equal issue with people making multiple reservations that they intend to keep - if the complaint is about not being able to get a single reservation in your timeframe. At least in my case I'll be releasing some back into the wild for the taking :)

I would try back tomorrow. So many people are making ADRs expecting them to serve food and not realizing this is a bar. Many of them will be cancelling their ADRs when they realize.

Youre 100% right...just because the Disney system allows it, doesnt make it right. Then to be like "I have no guilt" and act like youre a hero because giving up hoarded ADRs will be "pixie dust" for someone...geez, get one,go in and drink blue milk and be happy.People are booking it thinking its a restaurant!🤣🤣🤣I go to wdw and just chill and am nice to cast members and in 6 trips Ive been fortunate enough to get a LOT of pixie dust,including being Grand Marshals in 2012, so I will just continue to not hoard,not "bend" rules,and let magic happen naturally
May the Force be with ALL on their trips!😁

Not sure what is allowed and what is not allowed here but if anyone snagged a reservation on 10/9 and is going to cancel, I would love to coordinate something. If this post is a violation of some rule feel free to remove.

I hear you - although we are ASSUMING that reservations will mean something in terms of getting into the land, there's no actual confirmation of that right now. ......

When the parks begin to close for capacity, phase 3 is when they note "admission is limited to guests with dining reservations". I think that it's safe to assume that not only will Disney be monitoring the amount of people in SWGE, they will definitely give preference to those with reservations at Oga's or Savi's, like they do for guests with ADR's at the different closing phases. FWIW, phase 4 is actually when "park is closed to all guests". So ADR's have a very, very high priority for admission, not only to HS, but also SWGE land.

Youre 100% right...just because the Disney system allows it, doesnt make it right. Then to be like "I have no guilt" and act like youre a hero because giving up hoarded ADRs will be "pixie dust" for someone...geez, get one,go in and drink blue milk and be happy.People are booking it thinking its a restaurant!🤣🤣🤣I go to wdw and just chill and am nice to cast members and in 6 trips Ive been fortunate enough to get a LOT of pixie dust,including being Grand Marshals in 2012, so I will just continue to not hoard,not "bend" rules,and let magic happen naturally
May the Force be with ALL on their trips!😁

LOL I'm no hero. I hope that once we have our plans set, that the reservations that I release go to someone who gets a boost in their day for snagging them! My trip isn't more special than anyone else's or vice versa - I have reasons why this trip is special to US and why I am willing to make extra sure we have some special fun, but that's my business :)

I've got a 19 night stay in September and can't get a single reservation!
I've tried every single day between Sept 8 and Sept 27 and there's nothing for 4 people.

Well, I've tried for two hours to get a ressie for two (week of 11/3-11/8) and no-go. :sad1:

I realize the hoarding is allowed; not something I would do even though we all have great reasons for needing a special reservation on our trips. I've got someone on my trip going that will never get the chance to ever experience some of these things there and seeing the hoarding going on stings. Yeah, maybe I'll be blessed with pixie dust when the hoarders let go of it, but more than likely we will have our plans cemented in another park by the 24 hour mark. I guess it's just tough luck for those of us who can't me monitoring Disney happenings all day. I was commuting home from work when this was opened up. Then when I got home the app referred me over to the website; wouldn't even let me try on the app. Everything is just gone now. Oh well.

We booked a 12:45 for Friday 11/8 and then 9:20 am for Monday 11/11 - I figured I would keep one based on the FPs we get in September. It looks like we will just be getting a drink but I figured it's a way into GE if lines are crazy. I did notice that the first reservation slot is 6:00 am thru November. Wondering how others did...
I got 3 different times for our 10 day stay in mid-September. I figure the first time will be overwhelming and exciting and I'm going to want to go again once I've got my bearings, and for the same reason as you, it's a way into Galaxy's Edge! Who knows what's going to happen when those doors open and a reservation at LEAST gets me in! We aren't big drinkers and have a 4 year old so we're honestly going to blow like 20$ on a drink we may not enjoy just to jam out to some DJ tunes and take in the ambiance and that is totally ok with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter