multiple Palo reservations?

DisneyBelle27

DIS Veteran and Browncoat - I have a cunning hat
I tried looking in the DCL FAQ and couldn't find an answer. Hope it's not a repeat!

My DH and I are going on a 4 night cruise July 5th. My DH is very excited about Palo and wants to know if you can dine there more than one night? I have heard that they only allow you to eat dinner there 1 night. Also, can you book a brunch and a dinner there?

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

I tried looking in the DCL FAQ and couldn't find an answer. Hope it's not a repeat!

My DH and I are going on a 4 night cruise July 5th. My DH is very excited about Palo and wants to know if you can dine there more than one night? I have heard that they only allow you to eat dinner there 1 night. Also, can you book a brunch and a dinner there?

DCL cross refers this you can only book
  • 1 dinner,
  • 1 brunch,(sea days(s) and
  • 1 afternoon tea( 7 nights/sea days) ,

(if offered if available),

The online system blocks any further booking.

On longer cruises you as you embark can request to go on a waitlist for an extra one, but on a shorter cruise its unlikely to be granted.

You can eat in Palo more than once.:thumbsup2 Book a reservation on line and when you get on board you can go straight to Palo and put in a request for another night and if it is available they will call you...you just have to be available on short notice:thumbsup2

Rob

Thanks for the quick replies!:thanks:

Maybe we'll give the waitlist a shot. Can't hurt right?!

Thanks for the quick replies!:thanks:

Maybe we'll give the waitlist a shot. Can't hurt right?!

It will not hurt but on a 4 night space will be very limited.-Get on ship asap on embarkation so get to port early,

I have been on waitlists for 7 night 14 night and 15 night cruises with many seadays and never received the call.

First pick of second round booking will go to suite cruisers with the concierge.

Oh well, guess our cat 12 gty doesn't quite compare with a concierge-level suite! :rotfl:

Oh well, guess our cat 12 gty doesn't quite compare with a concierge-level suite! :rotfl:

Well apart from the room and concierge, you get the same food, the same entertainment, the same ship services, same pools,same characters, so its (nearly) just as good, and I put in a word for you to get an upgrade!!!

Good luck

We cruised in March on a 3 night and did not pre-book Palo. We arrived early, went to the Wavebands and got the night we wanted for dinner. There were some people in line trying to get 2nd and 3rd night reservations, so yes you can dine multiple times and yes it is possible to get them after you board.

You can only "prebook" 1 dinner, 1 brunch and 1 tea (but the brunch and tea are not available on the 3 night).

Another idea is to mention to your Palo server that you would like to book another date. On the 15 night cruise last August, we had 1 brunch and 1 dinner pre-reserved and were able to secure an additional brunch and dinner just by asking our server (it may have helped that we knew the server well from previous cruises). We could have had even more (they asked us after the second one) but we declined because we were sick of eating at that point.

Good Luck!

Another idea is to mention to your Palo server that you would like to book another date. On the 15 night cruise last August, we had 1 brunch and 1 dinner pre-reserved and were able to secure an additional brunch and dinner just by asking our server (it may have helped that we knew the server well from previous cruises). We could have had even more (they asked us after the second one) but we declined because we were sick of eating at that point.

Good Luck!

On the same cruise, I saw MARCO quite a few times during the cruise, requested another Brunch, as we had the group one which included you, and he wrote it in his book and said he would fix it up.

Never had the call....

First pick of second round booking will go to suite cruisers with the concierge.
DH and I took a 4 night cruise a few years ago and stayed in category 3. We were able to book a dinner there every single evening and also the brunch. Other than the final night at sea, the restaurant was never full. I would definitely try for the wait list, it's well worth it.

Should you go to WaveBands to request a second dinner when people are still going there to get their first reservation? Or wait until Palo opens and talk to PJ??

On the same cruise, I saw MARCO quite a few times during the cruise, requested another Brunch, as we had the group one which included you, and he wrote it in his book and said he would fix it up.

Never had the call....

Wow thats wierd.. both times when we mentioned the extra brunch/dinner Marco or his assistant booked it for us right then and there and we walked out of Palo with a ressie. We even were able to change a brunch from canal day to another sea day.

I think you may have me mistaken for someone else as I did not participate in any group brunch... both brunches were just my husband and I. Maybe we were all just at Palo at the same time.

Wow thats wierd.. both times when we mentioned the extra brunch/dinner Marco or his assistant booked it for us right then and there and we walked out of Palo with a ressie. We even were able to change a brunch from canal day to another sea day.

I think you may have me mistaken for someone else as I did not participate in any group brunch... both brunches were just my husband and I. Maybe we were all just at Palo at the same time.

Sorry might be mistaken on the name know so many people, but YES, I went there regualrly and they took the name in the book, on one occassion it was Marco himself and said i would get a call and nothing.

Thanks for the info.! All good to know.

And thanks for the upgrade wish! I'm not expecting one but would definitely be excited if some pixie dust came our way!pixiedust:

I have been on a couple of cruises, and had dinner in Palo twice each time. I did go into Rockin Bar D last cruise, and asked to be put on a wait list, and the guy looked at me like I had two heads, but then our server hooked us up after our first dinner. YMMV, but I'm a die-hard Palo fan (especially since we have no kids).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter