Multiple Home Resorts???

katiemely

Proud Seabee Wife
I have been reading people's posts today and I have what might be a dumb question. I see some people claiming more than one resort as their home resort. Can you have more than one? Can you have points in various resorts??

Yes, you can own in all of the DVC resorts if you wish. The maximum you can own is 2000 points per resort, or 5000 points in total.

David

You can. We own both BLT and BWV. We did this so we could book each resort at the 11 month window. We originally owned just BLT, but wanted to have a better chance of getting either SV or BW view rooms at BWV when we do our summer trip which is always a split stay.

Now, we can book the BWV nights with BWV points at 11 months and then the BLT nights with BLT points at 11 months, instead of having to wait until the 7 month mark to both.

Same here. We own AKV points for our March trips, BWV points for our Food and Wine trip in October, and VWL for our Dec Christmas season trip each year. I never have to worry about the 7 month mark to get a villa unless we want to stay at a non-home resort. We're doing that in March, 2012. At 7 months I changed from Kidani to a split stay with BLT MK view and the THV at Saratoga.

I have been reading people's posts today and I have what might be a dumb question. I see some people claiming more than one resort as their home resort. Can you have more than one? Can you have points in various resorts??

just remember that if you have 1000 SSR pts and 50 BLT pts, you can only use the pts from the BLT contract to book BLT at 11 months out. in the same way, the BLT pts can't be used to book the treehouse villas until the 7 month window.

at 11 months out, you need the right "currency" to book each resort. but at 7 months out, you can combine pts from different resorts to book whatever is available...

We own at 4 resorts that we consider our favorites and one that we bought that we probably shouldn't have.

All it took was not getting our desired reservation at 7 months a couple of times to convince us that the 11 month advantage is worth it.

Many will post that booking at 7 months isn't a problem but as the owner base continues to grow and Disney continues to build off site, all of those non owners will be competing at 7 months.

:earsboy: Bill

oh . . ok interesting! thanks for the info . . so if i had two home resorts what happens to the dues? do you have to pay dues to each home resort???

You can. We own both BLT and BWV. We did this so we could book each resort at the 11 month window. We originally owned just BLT, but wanted to have a better chance of getting either SV or BW view rooms at BWV when we do our summer trip which is always a split stay.

Now, we can book the BWV nights with BWV points at 11 months and then the BLT nights with BLT points at 11 months, instead of having to wait until the 7 month mark to both.

This is what we are planning on doing ourselves....we already own at BLT and want to buy into BCV too. We want to have home resorts close to our two favorite parks plus having a home resort at BCV will give us a better chance at staying at BCV for our F&W trips that we want to start taking, and our BLT helps to ensure our MK views that we like to have :goodvibes.

oh . . ok interesting! thanks for the info . . so if i had two home resorts what happens to the dues? do you have to pay dues to each home resort???

each resort's dues are listed in the DVC Resource Center.

so in the random example where you own 1000 SSR pts and 50 BLT pts that would be:

1000 x 4.51 = $4,510.00 for SSR
+ 50 x 3.89 = $194.50 for BLT

for a total of $4,704.50 for calendar year 2011. rates typically go up 3% or so each year...

maintenance fees for all resorts that you own come due at the same time, in january for the upcoming year. i own at four resorts and that's big bill each january.

maintenance fees for all resorts that you own come due at the same time, in january for the upcoming year. i own at four resorts and that's big bill each january.

You can spread them out to be paid each month. They will withdraw it directly from you checking account on the 15th of every month.

We have 3 home resorts. We pay one in full in January and the other two monthly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter