• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Multiple contracts and 11/7 month booking

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
How does that work? Say I've got 100 points BLT and 50 points AKV. Could I book 150 points worth at BLT 11 months out or AKV 11 months out? Would I have to transfer the points from one contract to another first?

FTR, we don't have two contracts (just went to ROFR on our first one ever LOL), but DH is in full on research mode and desperate for an answer!

How does that work? Say I've got 100 points BLT and 50 points AKV. Could I book 150 points worth at BLT 11 months out or AKV 11 months out? Would I have to transfer the points from one contract to another first?

FTR, we don't have two contracts (just went to ROFR on our first one ever LOL), but DH is in full on research mode and desperate for an answer!

You only have home resort priority (11 mos out) for the points that belong to that resort. So with the current UY, you could use

100 points at BLT at 11 mos or 50 points at AKV at 11 months.

With banking and borrowing, you could use

300 points at BLT at 11 mos or 150 points at AKV at 11 months (last UY +current UY + next UY).

HTH

The booking priority is tied to the points. If you want to book BLT 11 months out you need enough BLT points to pay for that reservation. You don't even have to be a BLT owner. You could arrange for a BLT owner to transfer BLT points into your account and then use them, 11 months out, to book BLT.

If you are booking 7 months or less from check-in, any points can be used to book any DVC resort.

The booking priority is tied to the points. If you want to book BLT 11 months out you need enough BLT points to pay for that reservation. You don't even have to be a BLT owner. You could arrange for a BLT owner to transfer BLT points into your account and then use them, 11 months out, to book BLT.

If you are booking 7 months or less from check-in, any points can be used to book any DVC resort.

So if someone is doing a transfer of their points, the resort they are tied to is attached? So Our uncle who owns SSR couldn't transfer his 160 points to our 100 BLT points and we book at 11 months? We'd have to book at 7 months?

So if someone is doing a transfer of their points, the resort they are tied to is attached? So Our uncle who owns SSR couldn't transfer his 160 points to our 100 BLT points and we book at 11 months? We'd have to book at 7 months?

right. otherwise you'd be able to jump in front of BLT owners without using BLT pts. which would not be cool.

if you want to book BLT at 11 months out, get a transfer of BLT pts.

right. otherwise you'd be able to jump in front of BLT owners without using BLT pts. which would not be cool.

if you want to book BLT at 11 months out, get a transfer of BLT pts.

Gotcha! Good to know. Thanks everyone. DH will sleep better tonight having it all worked out in his head.

okay so getting really intricate with the details here now
if you are booking a week at 11 or 7 months, is it from the first day of your trip or the last day. do you have to call each day to get an extra day...
for instance if I want Christmas at point A from the 23rd through the 2nd of January a room when exactly can you do so. would it be on the 23rd of the
7th and 11th month prior or would it be from the last day of your reservation.
or would you have to call every morning to make sure you add a day from the 23rd through the 2nd....

okay so getting really intricate with the details here now
if you are booking a week at 11 or 7 months, is it from the first day of your trip or the last day. do you have to call each day to get an extra day...
for instance if I want Christmas at point A from the 23rd through the 2nd of January a room when exactly can you do so.

You can book your home resort for Dec 23 starting on Jan 23. That call would allow you to book Dec 23 for up to 7 nights. if you want 10 nights, then call back 3 nights later to book the remaining 3 nights.

to get technical, you may want to "walk" the reservation during a busy period. in that case, the earliest you could book Dec 23 would be by calling on Jan 17 to book Dec 17 for 7 nights (Dec 23 being the last night). then i think you'd call back on Jan 23 to drop the first 6 nights and add the 6 nights after Dec 23 (and call back 3 nights later as described previously).

if you are paranoid, you could call daily but the above strategy should work fine.

As mentioned, the key is to remember that its the points that have the booking priority.

So, to "pay" for a room at BLT more than 7 months in advance, you must have BLT points to do that. Points never change their status, no matter who is in control of them...that is why someone who owns SSR points can get a transfer of another resort and be able to book that other resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter