• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Multiple bus stops in SSR?

tara98

Mouseketeer
We just booked SSR 1 BR for October and requested Congress Park because of the proximity to what looks like the bus stop. But upon looking closer, it appears to me that there are multiple bus stops at SSR. Is this correct? I wanted to try to get a room closest to the bus stop, but then I realized that we would be further away from lobby/food court. I hear that from Congress Park to the food court is about a 10 minute walk, which for me and my DH is fine, but with a 4 yr old DS that might be a bit much to walk just to go grab breakfast. Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused3

tara98 said:
We just booked SSR 1 BR for October and requested Congress Park because of the proximity to what looks like the bus stop. But upon looking closer, it appears to me that there are multiple bus stops at SSR. Is this correct? I wanted to try to get a room closest to the bus stop, but then I realized that we would be further away from lobby/food court. I hear that from Congress Park to the food court is about a 10 minute walk, which for me and my DH is fine, but with a 4 yr old DS that might be a bit much to walk just to go grab breakfast. Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused3

Yes, there are four bus stops. We requested the Springs area and ended up being in the building right next to the Springs bus stop and across the street from the pool/food court area. It was great for us, although the view was somewhat lacking (lots of construction going on there). I'd ask for that spot again, FWIW we were room 4430 - I wouldn't request a specific room though, just that general area. I would put the walk to the food court/pool at about 3 minutes or so.

Yes there are several bus stops inside SSR. We request The Springs b/c it is the closest to the food court and pool area. There is the main bus stop very nearby. But the busses will hit every stop before they leave to go to the parks.

tara98 said:

Currently there are about 5 stops. When completed, there are supposed to be seven.

The bus stops are Springs, Congress Park, Paddock and Carousel.

I don't know what the 5th one is as it wasn't open when we were there last December.

cobbler said:
The bus stops are Springs, Congress Park, Paddock and Carousel.[...]
renew.....Renew......RENEW!

[Sorry. Obscure sci fi reference. :blush: )

cobbler said:

I don't know what the 5th one is as it wasn't open when we were there last December.

Those were the only 4 when I was there last week too although I think the bus made the stops in reverse order than listed here.

cobbler said:

Last July there were two at the Paddock, and one each at Springs, Congress Park, and Carriage House. Perhaps they got rid of one of the Paddock stops since they were both rather close to each other. I sure hope so because it was very annoying making two stops in the same area.

I think the 2 stops in the Paddocks was actually the Carousel stop and then the Paddock stop. They are close to each other and last year, they did not have a name for that first stop. Now that construction is nearing completion in that area, it is called Carousel. There will be more building added and will warrant its own stop, even though it is so close to the Paddocks.

We were there last month and the Carousel section was not open, but the bus stop was.

Since we are on the subject. . .

Can anyone tell me the SEQUENCE of the bus stops? As in, which area is first, second, last. . . you get the picture. My family is a "first on, first off" kind of family. We'd rather choose location by bus stop than for the view or proximity to the pool. :teeth:

We were at the paddock stop two weeks ago. The buses except for Downtown Disney stopped at Paddock, Carousel, Congrees Park, then Spring and then leaves the resort. The Downtown bus is also an internal bus(this was verified by a driver) and after stopping at Spring returns to Paddock and Carousel and leaves at an exit that is for buses and service vehicles only.

JR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter