Multiple autographs from same character?

Poohs100AcreWood

Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
I remember there being a topic about this somewhere, but now I can't find it.

How does everyone deal with meeting a character multiple times and getting autographs?

For example, Chip and Dale are everywhere in the parks. We will be doing character meals and they will probably be appearing at multiple ones (we are going to Plaza Inn and Storybook Cafe, and they frequent both). If I have the book out for the meal to get others' autographs, and they've already signed it, what do I do? Can I ask them to add something to the page, or is that bad etiquette? :confused3 I just want to avoid awkward situations and not rip the book from their hands.

Any help is appreciated!

We just don't hand the book over if we don't want an autograph. Just take a picture with the character.

This happened to us once. DS is 2.5 and really believes that the characters are real. It was with Goofy, and I said quite loudly, "Oh Goofy, you're so silly--you forgot you already signed our book!" and Goofy totally played it off, putting his hands on his head and shaking his head like he couldn't believe he'd forgotten. It actually was super-cute.

So depending on how old your kids are (or if it's you! :thumbsup2) and their level of buy-in, but I think the CM's are pretty good at taking a hint if you say something like that or similar.

I should add that DS had already handed the book over before I could stop him. I don't think it would be a problem at all to ask them to draw something else on the page though. Or just head it off at the pass as bumbershoot suggested.

This happened to us once. DS is 2.5 and really believes that the characters are real. It was with Goofy, and I said quite loudly, "Oh Goofy, you're so silly--you forgot you already signed our book!" and Goofy totally played it off, putting his hands on his head and shaking his head like he couldn't believe he'd forgotten. It actually was super-cute.

We had the same thing happen with Mulan. We met her at the Princess Fantasy thing and then again that night at Goofy's for dinner. When I told her she already signed, she said that the altitude sometimes makes her silly. So funny!

We had the same thing happen with Mulan. We met her at the Princess Fantasy thing and then again that night at Goofy's for dinner. When I told her she already signed, she said that the altitude sometimes makes her silly. So funny!

This is a great idea. I will be doing my own autographs and wouldn't have had a problem if it was just mine, but I will be with my cousins, who are 7 and 9. I'm sure that I, or my mother and stepfather can intervene during meetings to keep it moving smoothly. I didn't want an awkward situation with them and the characters. Maybe they can offer the chance to the character to add something to the autograph.

As long as the characters play along, we'll be fine. ;)

This is a great idea. I will be doing my own autographs and wouldn't have had a problem if it was just mine, but I will be with my cousins, who are 7 and 9. I'm sure that I, or my mother and stepfather can intervene during meetings to keep it moving smoothly. I didn't want an awkward situation with them and the characters. Maybe they can offer the chance to the character to add something to the autograph.

As long as the characters play along, we'll be fine. ;)

You could say something like "I know you signed this earlier, but maybe you can do a little drawing this time?"
You might get some pretty unique stuff in your autograph book :thumbsup2

We had this happen when we saw Terrance and Iridessa. Terrance had already signed the previous day, so I only had Iridessa sign DD's book. Terrance asked if we wanted him to sign the book and I said "You already signed it yesterday" and he went right along with it saying "Oh yes...I did!" :goodvibes

We do the same thing as Bumbershoot...just don't hand them the book if they have already signed and take a picture.

Is having multiple signatures a bad thing?? We've gotten home & had multiple Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale & Goofy. When I scrapbook, I just include them in with the pictures.

Is having multiple signatures a bad thing?? We've gotten home & had multiple Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale & Goofy. When I scrapbook, I just include them in with the pictures.

Not a bad thing for me, I come home with multiples too.

But if the autograph book is one of the smaller ones with photos I see the point in trying to avoid doubles.

Or maybe the children could notice that the autographs do differ a little sometimes? :confused3

Our kids like to intentionally get multiples of the characters. The kids put the month and year on the pages after the character signs. They like to see how the autographs vary year to year. They love it when the character turns to a page and it already has their autograph. The kids tell them they would like to have it again and this typically gets an excited reaction from the character.

We use the Encyclopedia of Disney characters as an autograph book so they sign on their page. We just add new characters we haven't gotten to sign each trip. On our first trip using it we saw Snow White twice. She totally played it off once she saw she had signed it already.

We use the Encyclopedia of Disney characters as an autograph book so they sign on their page. We just add new characters we haven't gotten to sign each trip. On our first trip using it we saw Snow White twice. She totally played it off once she saw she had signed it already.

That's the book we use too, and why we only get the signature once. :thumbsup2

That's the book we use too, and why we only get the signature once. :thumbsup2

That sounds like such a neat idea. I have not heard of this book though. Is it easy to get? Is it silly to be an adult and want to collect autographs to scrapbook with the character pictures??

Thanks
Erica

That sounds like such a neat idea. I have not heard of this book though. Is it easy to get? Is it silly to be an adult and want to collect autographs to scrapbook with the character pictures??

I found these:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Junior-Encyclopedia-Animated-Characters/dp/1423116704/ref=pd_sim_b_1

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Walt-Disneys-Animated-Characters/dp/0786863366

And I don't think it's silly at all for an adult to collect autographs. I plan on doing just that during our trip in October.

Wanted to share a cute story that is opposite to the OP's question. On our first trip with the kids DD was 5 and all about princesses. On the first day we rode the carrousel and she was able to jump onto Jingles. While we were waiting for the ride to start Aurora walked up and was waiting for the next ride so she could ride Jingles with a Make a Wish child. While waiting DD and Aurora had a nice chat about Jingles and favorite colors (pink for both!). Cute! Then 2 days later at the Princess Dinner Aurora came up and while she was signing the book SHE recognized DD and said, "Didn't I already sign your book?" I was so impressed! She meets thousands of kids a day. Made DD and I both feel so special.

We used to have the books with no pictures so everyone signed who wanted/was asked to. This year dds all asked for the photo books so I'm careful to do just one each since we're almost full and its only August and we haven't gotten all the autographs they want.

The characters all like to flip through their books and comment on who signed where. One time Jasmine noticed that she signed twice before and asked if she should sign again.

Rapunzel was the best, though. We've seen her three times and twice it was the same one. The second time *she* was shouting and laughing because she recognized the girls! She seemed more excited that they were. LOL She was giving dd2 tips on keeping her "hair" tangle-free. (She was wearing a Rapunzel wig.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter