Multiple ADR cr@p mentioned on show

If they decided to do a CC hold, then they would have to be CONSISTENT and all the CM's would have to be on the same page! :lmao:

You can't have 1 place forgiving a CC hold charge and another refusing to do so. And the CC hold should only apply if you don't cancel AT ALL. I think even if you cancel 2 minutes before it shouldn't be applied because I still think they are just so many variables and legitimate reasons for missing an ADR. It's very different than when you are home and have ONE reservation or doctor's appointment or at home and don't have so much going on around you that can much more easily change your intentions of making a reservation.

Disney only has one simple problem with its ADR system, when it comes to multiplies or double bookings

Disney needs to tie the ADR to your resort number.

This joke of a system where each person can give their name and phone number and make ADR's allows two people in your party to give two different phone numbers and names and make two sets of ADR's.

One trip, One reservation number...and that is the only way to set-up your ADR's.

ditto:thumbsup2

and when they ask where are you staying, how do they know you are telling the truth.

offsight? residents? day trippers?

Seriously, you should only be able to get an ADR if you are staying on property? What in the heck would Kevin do? We might not ever get another restaurant review! :scared1:

offsight? residents? day trippers?

I'm not getting paid by Disney... so I can't solve all their problems, but for resort guest it would seem pretty simple to solve. That takes care of 40% of the problem right there.

Let the guys getting paid by Disney solve the other half of the problem :thumbsup2

I'm not getting paid by Disney... so I can't solve all their problems, but for resort guest it would seem pretty simple to solve. That takes care of 40% of the problem right there.

Let the guys getting paid by Disney solve the other half of the problem :thumbsup2

Until the resort guest figures out not to say they are a resort guest. :teeth:

It has to be the same for everyone. If you put restrictions just on resort guests no one's going to admit to staying on property.

Even when I am a resort guest and have a reservation number, I just use my cell phone number as the identifier because it is easier for me to remember. I'll call WDW-DINE at any time of the day to make my ressies or updates because, guess what, I'm so smart that I can memorize the number - its 407-WDW-DINE!! And, when I am at the bus stop with the kids or in the grocery store, etc, I don't have access to my reservation number.

I have never abused the system by making multiple ADR's, but I have called early to make my dining reservations. I usually have an idea that I will be coming to WDW at 6 months out and will make my ADR's accordingly. But, then I won't actually finalize my airplane or hotel reservations until 3-4 months out. There has only been one time when I didn't get to go on a trip and the first thing I did was get on the phone to graciously cancel those ADR's for other guests! Imagine that!?!

Until the resort guest figures out not to say they are a resort guest. :teeth:

It has to be the same for everyone. If you put restrictions just on resort guests no one's going to admit to staying on property.

They give resort guest 180+10 days to book ADR's. You have to give your resort number (even though they still book it primarily under your phone number) so they can check if your booking window has opened.

You can play with this system to make it into a big enough perk.... to get people to admit they have a resort reservation when booking.

MY POINT IS, THIS IS FIXABLE.... DISNEY JUST HASN"T PUT MUCH EFFORT INTO IT YET.

Disney has already solved the problem.

On the Magic and the Wonder they only allow passengers a limited number of reservations for Palo, so they require your stateroom number when you book. Eventually people found a way around the restriction: Two couples traveling together would each use their own room number to reserve a table for four on different nights, thus allowing all of them to dine twice. DCL fixed the problem by checking the number of adults in the cabin, and if there are less than in your dinner party they ask you for the room number(s) of your guests.

Of course, this scheme wouldn't work very well at WDW, but on the ships they don't generally have guests staying off-site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter