Multi-transportation Questions

pfishgirl

In Loving Memory of My Son 5/6/09
Hi, My son and I are thinking about coming to WDW on October 6th. We will need transportation from MCO to a local (Kissimmee) hotel. How much is a taxi or transportation for 2 people and 2 bags? We will also need transportation from that hotel to Pop Cent. October 12th. because the rest of the family is coming from the 12th to the 16th. They will use Magical Express. How much does that cost and whom should I call for reasonable rates? When all 15 of us leave Pop on the 16th we will all be using the Magical Express.

I really don't want the hassle of renting a car, then bringing it back on the 12th with our suitcases in order to get on ME with the family from Mco to go to Pop.

What should I do? Who do I call ??

PLEASE HELP !!!!!

Thanks

First, the Magical Express service is free for all Disney resort guests. I don't have the details how you go about getting on their list for pick ups. I'm sure others will give you the details....you could also call Disney reservations for info on this.
To get to an off-site hotel you have three options: 1) grab a taxi 2) reserve seats on a Mears shuttle 3) contract a car service.

Mears would likely be the cheapest. Do a google search on Mears transportation. A car service round trip from the airport to Disney is around $80-$100. There are a lot of companies that serve the area....much info is available on these boards. I'm not sure what a taxi would cost since it depends on if you get stuck in traffic.

From your off-site to Disney I would just grab a taxi...or Mears if you prefer.

Airport to Kissimmee hotel - Mears = $17 or less per person one way
Kissimmee hotel to Pop - taxi, don't know how much but not all THAT much
Pop to airport - DME, free

You could also get an Alamo or National rental on the 6th, and return it at the Dolphin on the 12th after checking in at Pop Century.

That would avoid the drive back to the airport and also give you transportation for those 6 days. Even at their best, offsite shuttles are TERRIBLE.

Carol

clkelley said:
You could also get an Alamo or National rental on the 6th, and return it at the Dolphin on the 12th after checking in at Pop Century.

That would avoid the drive back to the airport and also give you transportation for those 6 days. Even at their best, offsite shuttles are TERRIBLE.

Carol

I didn't know you could pick up a car at one place and drop off at another. Thank You very much.. That will save the trip to the airport..

I really didn't want to rent a car (I get lost very easily) :rolleyes1 but I will keep that as an option on the back burner..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter